Author Topic: Races  (Read 28128 times)

Offline CrazyYanmega

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: Races
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2015, 03:47:58 PM »
Menreiki

When an object has existed for 100 years, it is said that it gains life. When a collection of 66 masks gains this sentience, the resulting being is called a menreiki.

The life of a menreiki is a lonely one. A master of emotions, yet having no understanding of them, she often finds herself isolated from the beings around her. Due to her circumstances of creation, it is very rare for her to meet another of her kind. As such, they usually end up being wanderers, performing dances and adventuring to get by.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 07:15:19 PM by CrazyYanmega »

Offline CrazyYanmega

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2015, 03:53:52 PM »
Someone help me. The Unstable Manifestation Table is supposed to be between Unstable Manifestation and Seeker of the World, but it keeps moving itself to the bottom of the spoiler.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2015, 10:25:01 AM »
I can't help you with tables. I would say just remove it.

Anyway I must say this one has quite a lot of fanboyism, or you kinda missed the purpose of this thread for making LA 0 races.
-Living construct traits alone is enough for race traits. Just look at warforged that are considered top tier on their own. And honestly doesn't fit this character that much. She's still a youkai with a clear flesh body, not a glorified robot. She fully feels emotions, pain and stuff, has a soft body and whatnot. Once she was just a set of objects, but no more.
-Socially inept...? She makes plays for a living! Also she's as strong and tough as the oni and super fast...
-Following on the above, the natural armor bonus should just be gone.
-Master of none isn't really a problem when there's plenty of prcs and whatnot to jump into.
-The masks mechanics is interesting, but the penalties should be more significant. Like the mask of fear inflicting a -2 penalty on all will saves. Mask of happiness should probably inflict a penalty to reflex saves or something like that.

If you want power uberalls, consider adding a paragon racial class.

Offline CrazyYanmega

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2015, 06:58:30 PM »
On the fanboyism: Damn straight! She's my favorite character!

-Living Construct is really that good? Huh. Anyway, I do know she's not a robot. I associated the warforged's roboticness more with the Fortification ability they get, which is entirely separate from the Living Construct traits. I'll change it to Monstrous Humanoid, though I'll miss the flavor.

-Being good at making plays and being good at interacting with people are not necessarily the same. To quote TouhouWiki's page on Hata no Kokoro, specifically her appearance in Forbidden Scrollery:
Some time during the ending of her Hopeless Masquerade route, Kokoro performs Noh at the Hakurei Shrine in an attempt to stabilize her emotions, hiding her identity as a youkai. While popular at first, audiences are unable to understand her "play", which turns out to be based on illustrations from an old tengu parody. Noticing this, Mamizou approaches Kokoro and helps write Shinkirou, a modernised comedy based on the events of the religious war.
I gave her a racial bonus to perform checks to compensate anyway.

-I've been hearing this one a lot from the friends I've shown it to. I'll remove it.

-Master of None does make it more difficult to advance the T1 classes, and also is more for flavor.

-I was struggling to come up with penalties. Think you can come up with some more?

Offline CrazyYanmega

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2016, 03:34:06 AM »
Hmm, still looking forward to those fairy feats.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2016, 04:06:44 AM »
Added Natural Home and Persistent Fairy feats.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2016, 06:22:48 AM »
Added a couple Lunarian feats.

Offline CrazyYanmega

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2016, 05:01:19 PM »
Fairy feats are awesome! Thanks!  :)

PS: What's an Adjacent Action?

Offline DavidWL

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2016, 08:20:40 PM »
For lunarian a free reroll every round at level 15 is a bit much, even at the cost of a feat.  Very cool feats though.

Best
David

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2016, 08:56:26 PM »
Thanks! :D

Removed the "stance 7 levels higher" options, the feats are pretty powerful on their own even then, and also promotes less spam.

Fairy feats are awesome! Thanks!  :)

PS: What's an Adjacent Action?
"Adjacent Action" seems to have been a typo that I fixed but forgot to point it out.  :blush
Good to see you liked them! :)

Offline CrazyYanmega

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2016, 09:08:56 PM »
Natural Home is missing Coconut Palm.  :P

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2016, 09:14:58 AM »
I guess that would be a fruit tree.

Otherwise I'll have to come up with rules for all "classic" specific fruits. :psyduck

Offline CrazyYanmega

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2016, 01:08:57 PM »
Coconuts aren't really your standard "fruit" so to speak. And I got an idea for a Half-Phantom race.

Offline CrazyYanmega

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2016, 02:50:42 PM »
Half Phantom

(click to show/hide)

There are those who serve under the undying. As humanoids served the incorporeal undead, they began to take on some of their characteristics. Eventually the soul split from the body, granting the resulting race a unique advantage.

Type: Humanoid

Ability Scores: +2 Dex, -2 Con

Size: Medium

Speed: Base Land Speed of 30.

Low-light vision.

Phantom Half: A Half Phantom's spirit manifests as a pale, translucent, tailed orb. It is Incorporeal unless the Half Phantom wills it otherwise as a free action, and takes a free action to maintain every round. Its size is Tiny, and gains the magical benefits to AC of any items the Half Phantom wears. The main body and the Phantom Half share hitpoints and ability scores.

The Phantom Half can move independently from the main body to a degree, with a fly speed equal to the Half Phantom's land speed, but if the two halves are separated by more than 60 ft, the Half Phantom falls unconscious. A Half Phantom can "anchor" her Phantom Half to herself as a free action so that they cannot be separated, during which the two are treated as one body. This is useful when utilizing high-speed transportation.

A Half Phantom can see through her Phantom Half just as well as through her main body's eyes. She may cast spells, manifest powers, and initiate maneuvers through her Phantom Half, but anything requiring fine manipulation, such as somantic components or wielding a weapon, requires a DC 15 Dexterity check. After performing such an action, the Phantom Half is treated as Corporeal for all purposes until the end of the Half Phantom's next turn.

Due to the nature of her Phantom Half, a half phantom is considered an Undead in regards to spells and other abilities that affect undead, with two exceptions. The cleric ability Turn or Rebuke undead has no effect, and a Half Phantom only takes half the effect of any Inflict, Cure, Harm, or Heal spells. Because she is still living, a Half Phantom gains a +4 racial bonus to saves against spells that specifically target or have bonus effects against undead.

The Phantom Half is modified by the effects of Ancient Temple stances.

Soul Darts: A Half Phantom can launch Soul Darts at her enemies through her Phantom Half. She can fire a number of darts per day equal to her Hit Dice. Each dart deals 1d4 force damage plus her highest mental ability modifier, and has a range of 120 ft. The Half Phantom can launch these darts as a swift action, and can launch as many as she likes, up to the remaining number of darts she can fire for the day. The darts are treated as a Force effect and do not require an attack roll, but any effect that would block Magic Missile also blocks Soul Darts. Any target that has more hitdice than the Half Phantom can halve the damage as an immediate action. This is a supernatural ability.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 01:11:44 AM by CrazyYanmega »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2016, 06:00:57 PM »
So that reads as cure spells cannot heal a half phantom?
So the only way to heal is naturally or thru much less common means of healing that aren't Cure spells?

Offline CrazyYanmega

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2016, 06:56:55 PM »
So that reads as cure spells cannot heal a half phantom?
So the only way to heal is naturally or thru much less common means of healing that aren't Cure spells?

Correct. You are a cleric's worst nightmare, both enemy and ally.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2016, 07:52:53 PM »
Well it doesn't really do anything but help the enemy of you can't be fixed by your own cleric. That really just reads as a huge suck to me cause NPCs never inflict spell ppl anyways, and even if you detect as undead, there are infinitely better ways to put you down than a cure spell at melee range.

Offline CrazyYanmega

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2016, 09:28:29 PM »
Well it doesn't really do anything but help the enemy of you can't be fixed by your own cleric. That really just reads as a huge suck to me cause NPCs never inflict spell ppl anyways, and even if you detect as undead, there are infinitely better ways to put you down than a cure spell at melee range.

Well, Half Phantom is pretty strong, so I think a weakness or two is okay.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2016, 10:29:48 PM »
It's honestly not that strong; it's basically an Elf with a built in Familiar that, while incorporeal and thus great for scouting, cannot actually go more than 60ft from you which really really inhibits one of it's most useful factors.

And a Magic Missile SLA, basically.

All that for never being able to benefit from healing? Ow to the ouch -_-'

Since it is a "Half" Phantom, it's sorta in that inbetween zone of life & death, yes? I'd say only half effect from Cure/Inflict spells would be far more than enough to balance whatever sort of benefit having an Unseen Servant with a Magic Missile SLA is.

Offline CrazyYanmega

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2016, 02:11:25 AM »
Made the change you suggested. I don't think it's too difficult though unless you're sticking to Core. And why would you let homebrew races in but only stick to the Core books?