Author Topic: Vox Chatter (OOC)  (Read 17872 times)

Offline Calchexxis

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Vox Chatter (OOC)
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2011, 06:42:27 PM »
"Interface with you again"... that sounds dirty.

Offline einherjar

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2011, 07:28:59 PM »
Shut up. :fu
Till we meet again in Valhalla...

Offline dna1

• PbP Game Master
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2011, 08:37:57 PM »
"Interface with you again"... that sounds dirty.

Shut up. :fu

lol i was thinking the same thing. that does sound pretty dirty :P

I love to interface with people  :love   zane gimme the stats on that badassery gun I got please    :lol
Roses are Red. Gaming is fun. You're over encumbered and cannot Run.

Offline einherjar

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2011, 01:31:52 AM »
Vox Legi-Pattern Arbites Combat Shotgun: class basic; range 30m; RoF S/2/-; damage 1d10+9 I; Pen 0; clip 14; reload 2 full; reliable, scatter

Also, it is reinforced to allow it to be used as a club in melee.

Given that it takes a while to reload, I'd recommend having a fire selector installed as soon as possible - not necessarily to allow yourself to switch between different types of ammo, though that is a bonus, but just so that you can load three clips at once.  :devil

Finally, given how much you like the electro-flail, I thought I should offer up the neural whip for your consideration. It has the same properties (shocking and flexible), has a reach of 3m, and only requires one hand to use. The downsides are that it is slightly more expensive (500 thrones as opposed to 375) and deals one less damage per hit (1d10+1 instead of 1d10+2).

Offline dna1

• PbP Game Master
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2011, 07:04:31 AM »
Vox Legi-Pattern Arbites Combat Shotgun: class basic; range 30m; RoF S/2/-; damage 1d10+9 I; Pen 0; clip 14; reload 2 full; reliable, scatter

Also, it is reinforced to allow it to be used as a club in melee.

Given that it takes a while to reload, I'd recommend having a fire selector installed as soon as possible - not necessarily to allow yourself to switch between different types of ammo, though that is a bonus, but just so that you can load three clips at once.  :devil

Finally, given how much you like the electro-flail, I thought I should offer up the neural whip for your consideration. It has the same properties (shocking and flexible), has a reach of 3m, and only requires one hand to use. The downsides are that it is slightly more expensive (500 thrones as opposed to 375) and deals one less damage per hit (1d10+1 instead of 1d10+2).

whats the '1d10+9 I' for the damage? the shotty seems pretty average to me, what makes it extraordinary?

Offline einherjar

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2011, 03:25:11 PM »
Most shotguns deal 1d10+4. The Vox Legi-Pattern deals 1d10+9. That's an additional five points of damage per hit. That's about the same average damage as the Rogue Trader version of the Naval Shotcannon - which is the better version of the shotcannon by the way. So, the Vox Legi deals significantly more damage per hit than than any other basic class shotgun, and more damage than some heavy shotcannons. Any further questions?

Offline Calchexxis

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2011, 12:22:45 AM »
Hey dna1, how do you make a map? Is it a min/max board tool or something you download?

Offline dna1

• PbP Game Master
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2011, 02:12:38 AM »
Well if you mean like the ones I made for my RavenLoft game I just used Photoshop and a map/dungeon resource site. Something that just has a bunch of random pics of terrain or stuffs, then I just layer them in as needed. Here is a decent one.. Im sure we could find some cool stuff to make more 40k feeling terrain though. Lemme know if you want help
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/dungeonsunlimited/   

I actually did download a program that can create really awesome maps, it cost a hundred bucks so I pirated it. However it was overly complicated and not worth the time it would of spent to learn it. If you know photoshop (i think you do) then I would just stick to layering up some simple stuff. Out of most of the map making tools I checked out I noticed they are really buggy, not to mention the precious time it takes to learn the program. So its not really worth it. But if you decide to throw 100 hours down the drain to make us a pretty map then lemme know and I will link you
:D
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 02:20:47 AM by dna1 »