Author Topic: Red School  (Read 71820 times)

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
Red School
« on: December 12, 2013, 02:08:26 AM »
Instead of endless darkness, you seem to be standing in the hall of what looks like a slightly dilapidated school.  A glance through the windows reveals that it's dark outside, but it looks much more like the typical darkness of night than it does the void you left.  As you stand there, you can hear the building creak and the wind blow.  It isn't very comfortable away from the light...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 04:37:19 AM by Hanako Tachibana »
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
Re: Red Gate
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 02:11:50 AM »
"Blow, winds, and crack your cheeks," I mutter.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 11:12:18 AM »
As I thought, this is just like a videogame...  What new place are we in?  At least we are away from the light and that girl.  This...  weird discomfort.  I wonder if it's some sort of withdrawal symptom.  Or perhaps it's just that it is no longer masking the sinister energy of the place we are in.  Nevertheless, we need to figure out what is going on.  A school now...

Louise turns to Becca.  "What's that?"  She looks interested.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 12:08:25 PM »
I blink. "Did I...oh, yes, I did. King Lear. 'Blow, winds, and crack your cheeks!' It's when they're in the forest during the storm, as Lear starts to go...mad."

Oh, dear. That's disturbing symmetry.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 03:14:00 PM »
"Ooh, I love that story. Lear was such a tragic character. I felt so bad for him."

Louise looks around the entrance hall they have been deposited in for any ways out of the room.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 03:16:09 PM »
You aren't actually in an entrance hall.  Its more like you're in one of the those second story halls with the windows that overlook the courtyard.  The hall extends out in both directions and there are a couple of classrooms on the side without the window.  From what you can see, 201 and 202 have closed doors, but 203's door is open a crack.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 03:19:28 PM »
Louise will silently move towards 203.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 11:22:44 PM »
I pad after Louise.

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 11:27:11 PM »
You approach room 203.  Other than your own muffled footsteps and the creaking building, you can't hear anything.  You can't truly tell without looking, but the room appears to be empty.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 11:33:00 PM »
Louise peeks in.
(click to show/hide)

Attempting not to be noticed
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2013, 11:38:54 PM »
It looks like an ordinary, if a bit run down, class room.  There are a handful of desks scattered throughout the room, many with graffiti.  There are a couple of text books and pencils lying around, but not many.  Unusually, there is what appears to be a pillow lying on one of the desk chairs.  Unlike everything else in the room, it looks fairly new.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2013, 11:39:42 PM »
I hang back and wait for Louise to give the all-clear.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2013, 11:42:17 PM »
"No one inside," she says in a low tone. "It seems."

She looks the door up and down for any wires or items that might be considered 'traps' before opening the door and going inside.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2013, 11:44:07 PM »
Tempting as it is to have a chalk board eraser fall on your head when you open the door, nothing happens.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2013, 11:46:08 PM »
The strangest thing in the room demands Louise's attention first. She moves toward the pillow to examine it.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2013, 11:47:29 PM »
I walk into the room and look around. As Louise moves towards the pillow, I'll read some of the graffiti.

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2013, 11:50:35 PM »
The chair makes a loud scratching sound against the floor as Louise pull it out of the desk so as to better examine the pillow.  Some dust falls to the floor.  Interestingly, the pillow, in addition to being much newer than everything else here, has no dust on it at all.  If she touches it, Louise'll find that it reminds her somehow of her bow.  She can't put your finger on why, though.

Becca, for whatever reason, you can't actually read the graffiti.  It isn't blurry or anything, like writing often is in these circumstances.  It just looks to be in another language.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2013, 11:53:36 PM »
"I think this pillow is important, Becca.". Louise picks up the pillow and turns it over in her hands.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2013, 11:55:56 PM »
"Fair enough," I say, wandering over. "Well, wherever we are, they don't speak English. And it doesn't look like German, either."

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2013, 12:00:40 AM »
Loise examines the grafiti to detect if it is a Western alphabet.
Magic do what you will