Author Topic: Fun Finds the 2nd Party Edition  (Read 54067 times)

Offline SorO_Lost

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
    • View Profile
Re: Fun Finds the 2nd Party Edition
« Reply #300 on: December 06, 2017, 03:16:06 PM »
also, would reshape allow you to go for spiked armor as a weapon, do you think?
It should, but I missed the melee limitation at 3am in the morning so I guess use Expansion & a Sharktooth Staff for an area Grapple.

Quote from: Dragon #341:87
Reshape Mind Blade [Psionic]
Your mind blade can take an additional form.
Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +4, ability to form a mind blade, shape mind blade.
Benefit: Choose any simple, martial, or exotic melee weapon with which you are proficient. Your mind blade can take on a form identical to the chosen weapon with all of that weapon's statistics; damage; threat range; critical modifier, and any extra features the weapon might have (such as a fail's ability to trip and bonus to disarm attempts). Reshaping a mind blade is a full-round action. You can also manifest your mind blade in this shape.
Special: You may gain this feat multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time you take the feat, it applies to a new type of weapon with which you are proficient.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 03:18:15 PM by SorO_Lost »
Would you die if you jumped from my perceived ego to your IQ? - Is 15secs of confirmation bias a goal post worth arguing for? - Ever asked a "victim" what they did to deserve it? - Are the words teen, SJW, & liberal synonyms? - "Only Sith deals in absolutes" contains a misspelled word.

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton....
    • View Profile
    • Ask me
« Reply #301 on: December 06, 2017, 04:20:05 PM »
It should, but I missed the melee limitation at 3am in the morning so I guess use Expansion & a Sharktooth Staff for an area Grapple.

Quote from: Dragon #341:87
Reshape Mind Blade [Psionic]
Your mind blade can take an additional form.
Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +4, ability to form a mind blade, shape mind blade.
Benefit: Choose any simple, martial, or exotic melee weapon with which you are proficient. Your mind blade can take on a form identical to the chosen weapon with all of that weapon's statistics; damage; threat range; critical modifier, and any extra features the weapon might have (such as a fail's ability to trip and bonus to disarm attempts). Reshaping a mind blade is a full-round action. You can also manifest your mind blade in this shape.
Special: You may gain this feat multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time you take the feat, it applies to a new type of weapon with which you are proficient.

Yeah, 't'would be nice if there was a version/variant for the soulbow.
http://crystalballsoft.com/cblite.html  The best dice roller on the planet, bar none. Read the FAQ to see why.

https://www.box.com/s/du6s5uysdwfony9dfd3p  The Official Complete Psionic Errata.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dbmkg8efcbn4eak/AABSjyTbZIEDdIWm0I_uVFkpa?dl=0 The Archive.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 06, 2017, 06:53:08 PM »
Spiked armor counts as a light martial melee weapon, so there don't seem to be any technical limitations on a Soulknife going spiky.

Gauntlets, if we go by this table don't technically show up as melee.  Or ranged.  Though RC does mention "Striking with punches and kicks is like attacking with a melee weapon..." on page 16.