Author Topic: High Arcana Games  (Read 11834 times)

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
Re: High Arcana Games
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2014, 01:05:33 AM »
Me me me!!!!

what about just 2 teams?
add me on Steam- zook1shoe
- All Spells
- playground

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2014, 01:37:01 PM »
I dunno, if he opens it up to two teams, that's still two teams for him to run, and at that point, someone might say, "OK, but why not three teams? Four? Five?" And so on.

In any case, we probably won't have to worry until Summer anyway. :)

Offline dna1

• PbP Game Master
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2014, 01:56:47 PM »
Well there is a few options I was thinking of to deal with how many people are interested. Those who have played in my PbP's know I keep the player group to around 5-7 people. So obviously I couldn't select everyone. But these are two ideas I had that we might be able to use. Possibly even both?

1) Recruit a co-dm to run a second team and help with things. SirP actually was my co-dm until I had to deal with real life stuff and drop gaming for awhile. If the right co-dm was selected this could work very well, and lead for a exciting team vs team game.

2-a) Let the players who have made characters but weren't selected, fight in battles. Meaning basically letting people bring in there character to one of my encounters and try to kill my player group.
 2-b) Letting entire teams come in and fight the players group. They wouldn't get much role playing in, but at least would get to use the characters that they labored over for so long. Even if only briefly.

Don't get all gung-ho for the Arcana games yet though. My current PbP wont be finished for many months. I'm guessing some time around june-july? Depending on how fast they figure things out. So far due to the holidays and real life issues we got off to a slow start. I'm hoping the pace will pick back up now though.
Roses are Red. Gaming is fun. You're over encumbered and cannot Run.

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2014, 04:03:22 PM »
both #2s look like fun. its a way to add 'players' without adding them
add me on Steam- zook1shoe
- All Spells
- playground

Offline TheAbyssDragon

• O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2014, 03:51:42 PM »
I would be willing to co-dm as long as I'm not responsible for plot development. I can handle subplot, but I'm not good at overarching story lines.

Offline Lightning Fast

• Lurker
  • The Fluffiest Man in Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2014, 11:27:14 PM »
I remember really liking the idea behind this campaign. I think I still have my character sheet, actually.

If you do start it up again, I'll be sure to apply. I've learned some new D&D tricks in the past year or so  :D
Insert witty joke here.