Author Topic: So I'm off to Toronto next month...  (Read 1752 times)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
So I'm off to Toronto next month...
« on: May 05, 2014, 08:14:01 PM »
Anyone lives nearby and/or happens to know what interesting things there are to do or see?
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: So I'm off to Toronto next month...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 08:14:39 PM »
Huh, have fun.

-Happens to sleep in a shirt from its 150th birthday despite never having been there.-

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 07:22:00 PM »
You figure the world cup British Futbol goons will mess up your kuroi-power vibes ...  :D
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline FlaminCows

• Push that button. Doo eeet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 09:49:21 PM »
I live in Toronto. It kinda feels incestuous to think of my own hometown in terms of tourist attractions, though. Like trying to recommend a cousin to a friend.  :)

My personal "favourite places to be" are the libraries, especially these two: the Toronto Reference Library and the Merril Collection of Science Fiction, Speculation, and Fantasy.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

People don't usually direct tourists to libraries, but it is actually the first thing that came to my mind. They are like home to me.

In addition to libraries, Toronto is host to a number of galleries and museums, most notably the Royal Ontario Museum and the Art Gallery of Ontario.

I went to Ripley's Aquarium of Canada not long ago, and that was pretty interesting.

Toronto also has all sorts of events and festivals. Whenever you are coming there is always something going on. I prefer to avoid those, but I am introverted so what do I know?

Toronto has a tourism website, which has information, probably.

There are loads of good restaurants to eat in, and parks or communities to walk through.

Feel free to ask about anything.