Author Topic: Typing of Zelda  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
Typing of Zelda
« on: May 10, 2014, 02:05:38 PM »
So...

Crazy idea, but a Legend of Zelda text adventure?

I'd play that. I mean, you'd need some trickery to get some of the puzzles to work out, but...

I think it could be pretty great.

> You are a young Hylian warrior, standing in the middle of a field. There is a cave to the North. There are exits to the West, North, and East. What do you do?

>> Enter cave.

> Inside the cave is an elderly sage, dressed in scarlet robes; he hands you an old but well-made sword.
"Take this, you'll need it in your quest."

You are back in the field.

___

And so on and so forth.

I mean, the same spirit of exploration would be there... And that's what I look for in a Zelda game.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: Typing of Zelda
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 02:10:26 PM »
But it then ends up lacking the actual, you know, action part of things in Zelda games. Which would make me sad.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
Re: Typing of Zelda
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 02:41:21 PM »
That's why I said trickery would be required.

I mean, yeah... but if someone can figure out how to design a stealth game in a text adventure, someone can figure out how to do an action adventure.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."