Author Topic: Mecha Engineer  (Read 3617 times)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
Mecha Engineer
« on: November 22, 2014, 03:07:23 AM »
Mecha Engineer

"PUNCH! ...That's really a KICK!!"
  -2nd Lt. Tasuku Shinguji

(click to show/hide)

Multiclassing adjustments

Every pilot classes multiclasses with Mecha Engineer as they do with Real Pilot.
If it multiclasses with Real Pilot, take a Real Robot available to him as the base. Then choose the starting frame as per the 1st Step of designing a mecha prototype and add its stats the to Real Robot with the following exceptions:
- Use the size of the Real and reduce it by one (minimum Small) if you take the dynamic frame.
- Use the base arsenal space and hardpoints of the Real Robot instead of the Mecha Prototype. Unlike the regular models, General Real Robot options do not benefit from the extra arsenal space progression of the Mecha Engineer as they are too generic to inspire a special machine. The Real Robot gains the arsenal requirements of the Mecha Prototype either way.
- Arsenal progressions stacks between the Real Pilot and the Mecha Engineer though this doesn't grant access to better Real Robots and doesn't stack to determine the Mecha Prototype's grade level.
- Use the speeds of the Real Robot and reduce it by 10 if you take the tough frame, to a minimum speed of 5-mu, or increase it by 10 if you take the dynamic frame.

Class Skills
The Mecha Engineer's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Disable Device (Int), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int), Open Lock (Dex), Profession (Wis) and Search (Int).
Skill Points at 1st Level: (4 + int)x4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + int

Hit Dice: d8

LevelBABFortRefWill   Special
1st0020   Mecha Prototype I, Research Field, Soul of the Mechanic, Spirited
2nd1030   Bonus Feat
3rd1131   Spirit
4th2141   Mecha Prototype II
5th2141   Bonus Feat
6th3252   Spirit
7th3252   Mecha Prototype III
8th4262   Bonus Feat
9th4363   Spirit
10th5373   Mecha Prototype IV
11th5373   Bonus Feat
12th6484   Spirit
13th6484   Mecha Prototype V
14th7494   Bonus Feat
15th7595   Spirit
16th85105   Mecha Prototype VI
17th85105   Bonus Feat
18th96116   Spirit
19th96116   Mecha Prototype VII
20th106126   Bonus Feat, Calibration Gamble

Class Features

(click to show/hide)

New Feats

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 07:13:56 PM by Anomander »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
Re: Mecha Engineer
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 03:08:14 AM »

"Do you abandon science to preserve your heart, or abandon your heart and sacrifice yourself to science?
"How can I do either? Did you make such a choice, Professor Lloyd?"
"I didn't have to. I'm a sociopath."

Custom Soul Tech

Most of the best pilots rely on their inner strength and immense willpower to enhancement their piloting abilities. It allows them to momentarily reach peak performances that mark them among their peers as pilots of note; Those with the potential to change the course of a battle.

There are some whose soul burns not for the thrills of piloting but for the roars of the engine. They invest themselves into it so deeply that a part of them rests with the machine.

A pilot that has the Soul of the Mechanic feat can channel his spirit into special technology that is driven entirely by the fire of his heart.
One may not invest more spirit points among the options of a single Custom Soul Tech branch than 5 times his pilot level unless it specifies another limit. These special options may only be added on to the mecha selected by the Soul of the Mechanic feat. The options available are limited by the arsenal level accessible by the pilot, with a minimum level of 1.

Custom Soul Weapon

(click to show/hide)

Custom Soul Engine

(click to show/hide)

Custom Soul Frame

(click to show/hide)

Custom Soul Sensor

(click to show/hide)

wip
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 01:00:20 AM by Anomander »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 03:08:27 AM »
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 01:30:15 AM by Anomander »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 11:08:48 AM »
Just wanted to let you know your photobucket account doesn't let you post images anymore, you could try imgur or something. It seems like nice homebrew btw. Rather extensive, plenty of options, new traits, no glaring overpowered content, allows you to focus on Hardpoints instead of ***** Arsenal, and you've been keeping it updated at the rules change. Through I'd modify the flavor a bit to reflect you also pilot your mechs...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 11:40:00 AM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Fzakken

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2022, 11:06:28 PM »
Cool class.

I have some thoughts questions and suggestions about prototype weapon.

Would you be interested in adding options to make the prototype weapon a beam weapon or a missile weapon?

I think a feat to increase the max arsenal space per grade from 5 to 6 would be a good addition.

Thank you for your time.