Author Topic: Out of Character chat  (Read 46673 times)

Offline DarkStar387

• Damn Skippy
    • View Profile
Re: Out of Character chat
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2014, 08:50:57 AM »
well hopefully tonight we kill that hag then back to town, id imagine some feast or someother none serious stuff, would be happening this weekend unless we power through that and move straight on to more combat.
But yeah man, haves some fun. My parents are gone camping also this weekend, and Faith  is staying with her mother, im home alone ... for 4 days   :plotting ... i will be able to get some epic shit down around here plus the added bonus of it being quiet .. silence is a strange environment for me :D

Lol I understand, its odd have much time I had to get thing done before the baby..and now its a full day of planning to get some laundry done lol.

LMFAO!!
DEATH BY ANTS , AWESOME but hopefully not dire ants because that would be over too soon  :hmm

HA! yep....don't forget bears...  bears love honey  :plotting

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2014, 12:04:16 PM »
Bears love honey-head kids!
My creations

Please direct moderation-related PMs to Forum Staff.

Offline ZanKhellendros

• ~ A fool's paradise or a wise man's hell? ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2014, 07:25:53 PM »
i hate vomit, yuck :tdown
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else"~ Albert Einstein
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right"~ThomasPaine
"One may transcend any convention if only one could conceive of doing so"~CloudAtlas

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2014, 11:22:51 PM »
LOVE BEING A NERD  :cheers

Me too!

I saw a birthday card when I was shopping for my dad, but I didn't get it for him because it didn't really fit him.

The outside said "Would you like to hear something interesting about science?" and the inside said "You would. Nerd.".
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2014, 03:06:35 AM »
Lmao !! thats a good one
 :lmao
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else"~ Albert Einstein
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right"~ThomasPaine
"One may transcend any convention if only one could conceive of doing so"~CloudAtlas

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2014, 06:02:34 PM »
I need to go shopping, need a good inn, and herbalist type person

Rob the Rob.....sign online darn you!
He is moving radiators, working on the house today , everyday ,  :witsend

getting there  :cool
 :thought

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2014, 02:56:21 PM »
rob , recheck page 11, i said something that i think you may have skipped over

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2014, 09:58:30 PM »
What'd I miss? I thought I responded to everything.
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2014, 11:01:18 PM »
yeah, never mind, was reading it stupidly  :clap :clap :clap :clap

Offline DarkStar387

• Damn Skippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2014, 02:21:09 PM »
ok.. so a few questions about this "craft an item" thing...  are we talking about a weapon,  armor, ring.. all of the above?

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2014, 02:53:17 PM »
ok.. so a few questions about this "craft an item" thing...  are we talking about a weapon,  armor, ring.. all of the above?
yes all of the above, misc and such, anything rob approves basically

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2014, 05:09:45 PM »
Here's a quick rundown:

We use your "caster level" to figure out the maximum market value of an item you can create. Now, this market value isn't the actual cost, but it's referencing the value listed in the books. Your caster level can be derived from a variety of things:
  • Caster level for all items.
  • Base Attack Bonus for weapons and armor.
  • Use Magic Device ranks for rods, staves, and wands.
  • Knowledge (Nature) ranks for most item with a druid spell in the prerequisites.
  • Knowledge (Arcana) ranks for most item with a wizard/sorcerer spell in the prerequisites.
  • Knowledge (Religion) ranks for most item with a cleric spell in the prerequisites.

Note, that even though items in the DMG (and other books) have spell prereqs, you don't actually need those to make the item. It's just handy for me to use the Knowledge skills for them.

So, this basically means that casters are able to make anything. Warrior-types are good at making weapons and armor. Rogues are good at making rods, staves, and wands.

Also, this does not require item creation feats. It does involve you going on a quest for reagents.
My creations

Offline DarkStar387

• Damn Skippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2014, 09:31:49 PM »
interesting, ok, I'll have to think of what would be useful...perhaps a charm of animal awesomeness... or an Urn of creature past..

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2014, 10:02:40 PM »
Your options will be at or under 4,000 gp. You can always wait a level or two to make something better if what you want is out of the price range.

As for magical weapons and armors, the formula is the bonus of the enchantments squared, times 1,000. So, a +2 weapon would be 4,000 gp (2^2 * 1000). Simply making it magical (for overcoming damage reduction) counts as +1. Other enchantments add on top. So, a magical flaming weapon would count as +2 (+1 for being magic and another +1 for flaming). Note that the weapon/armor itself has no +bonus to hit/AC; that is factored into your level (which is why you get all those +1 bonuses every 3 levels).
My creations

Offline DarkStar387

• Damn Skippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2014, 11:14:17 AM »
So,  what about armor or weapon that makes any attack I make, in human or animal form count as magical?  Or+1  so I effects creatures such as Gargoyles who are only effected with magical weapons

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2014, 03:49:49 PM »
So weapons and armor work differently for your shifting.

When I wrote up shifting, I figured that any clever player would just strip down their wearable gear, shift, and put it back on anyway. While I don't have a problem with a bear wearing some boots and a cape, I don't feel the players should have to do that, so I made it so all wearable gear would still function when you shifted. It just saves everybody a step. Now, things like weapons and other things you wield (like wands, staves, and whatnot) cannot be used in another form. There are a few exceptions. You could turn into a gorilla and be able to weild a weapon, but you can't speak to activate anything like wands.

So, as far as normal magical weapons and armor go, you can craft an armor and wear it in either form. You'll get the magical benefit either way, but only get the armor bonus in your human form. Any weapon you make can only be used in a half-elf form or as a gorilla. As far as a specific enchantment that lets it work when shifted, I'll have to look into that and see what's available. The Magic Item Compendium might have something...

Make sense?
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2014, 04:34:01 PM »
im putting together the story to respond to matts question, be up later tonight id think

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2014, 03:05:11 AM »
FFFFFFaa , thats long ...... wow

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2014, 07:44:31 AM »
"Stay a while, and listen." [/old man voice]
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2014, 01:48:31 PM »
LMFAO !!!! Totally just did that HA  :lol