Author Topic: Out of Character chat  (Read 46608 times)

Offline DarkStar387

• Damn Skippy
    • View Profile
Re: Out of Character chat
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2014, 11:22:58 PM »
ok I got it.  Tailsman of the twin moons-    a bone charm that allows my soul to spit into two (at some limited times per day/ per level / DM choice) and shift into two (dire, large, reg, scaling?) wolves. one black one white.   would wear it so would shift with me,  and would be worthy of questing to find what is needed to craft such a charm.

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2014, 07:42:08 AM »
I get the impression this is something you're making up and not something from a book?

So the idea is you shapeshift (X/day) and when you do, you become two animals, each with their own independent actions?

It seems relatively powerful, but not game breaking. My first thoughts would be to limit perhaps that your maximum size is reduced by one when using the ability (so, currently, you'd be able to turn into two small animals, such as bob cats, or whatever). I was thinking of having the shifting take a full-round action, but unless there is a duration attached (like you can only stay shifted for one minute, or whatever), then there'd be no point to that limitation. Perhaps both forms have to stay within 120 feet of each other, or something, too.

What are your thoughts?
My creations

Please direct moderation-related PMs to Forum Staff.

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2014, 07:44:57 AM »
OOC
(click to show/hide)

No, that's cool. Congratulations, by the way.
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• ~ A fool's paradise or a wise man's hell? ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2014, 10:04:33 PM »
Rob: At the end, Karl is sentenced to be hanged in the square immediately following the proceedings.

Zane: Oops, duh , lolz
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else"~ Albert Einstein
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right"~ThomasPaine
"One may transcend any convention if only one could conceive of doing so"~CloudAtlas

Offline DarkStar387

• Damn Skippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2014, 11:17:52 PM »
lol yeah completely off the top of my head.   I like that they must stay close and I had thought there would and should be some kind of limit on casting time/size/ and duration since its an extra ability.  I'm still looking over the book for other ideas as well.

OOC
(click to show/hide)

No, that's cool. Congratulations, by the way.

Thanks!  yeah its been a long first week but really fun.  Just long hours modeling characters and then texturing them. =) I love it

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2014, 02:37:24 PM »

What are your next plans? Kale, I know you'd talked to Drog about heading to Miahrans, but I'm not sure how much else has been discussed with the group.

regarding heading to Miahrans, Kale will say to the entire group:

a stocky person was seen leaving wearing a bull mask.  However it seems the suspect was not alone.  it turns out several people, all wearing different types of animal masks, are suspected of committing multiple murders
Lets go get these crazy bastards, I call dibs on some of the masks for trophies  :smirk
(click to show/hide)
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else"~ Albert Einstein
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right"~ThomasPaine
"One may transcend any convention if only one could conceive of doing so"~CloudAtlas

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2014, 09:14:48 PM »
Watch out for the horse head mask. If the person wearing it hits you with a door, you'll take 20d6 damage.
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2014, 10:02:18 PM »
Watch out for the horse head mask. If the person wearing it hits you with a door, you'll take 20d6 damage.

Thats why I want it, start carrying around a door to slam into some fuckers   :plotting

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2014, 05:59:14 AM »
The pig one might be pretty rad. You'll start finding guns lying around on the ground.

I think Drog already owns the snake mask: lethal throws. People already tend to die when you throw things at them.
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2014, 05:54:54 PM »
The pig one might be pretty rad. You'll start finding guns lying around on the ground.

I think Drog already owns the snake mask: lethal throws. People already tend to die when you throw things at them.

I am now looking for a snake mask for Drog  :love

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2014, 09:44:37 PM »
Everybody else: "what the fuck are they talking about?"
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2014, 08:47:48 PM »
"Hello. Drog and I agreed it'd make sense to travel together if there are orcs up ahead. I suppose I should introduce my group. I'm Astrid Hendrika. These three are Ulrik, Tor, and Gili. In case you're wondering why they're so quite, they're skeletons. I've brought them along for protection."
All the intrigue I thought was coming just went out the window, awesome  :cool

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2014, 10:43:49 PM »
She's relatively straight forward and not ashamed of it.

Of course, you have to remember that one of the house rules I made was to remove the [evil] tag from spells that create unintelligent undead. They're kinda like swords; you can do good or evil with them, but they are unaligned, themselves.
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2014, 10:40:05 PM »
I'm assuming you're also moving closer, as well, to facilitate swording in future rounds. R 12 sets you up for a charge.

perfect , thanks,  :clap
sorry i didnt do my rolls and other data, didnt feel well last night so didnt look it all up and faith had a bad day today and came home from school which facilitated a bad day for myself also ...  :witsend

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2014, 10:42:36 PM »
She's relatively straight forward and not ashamed of it.

Of course, you have to remember that one of the house rules I made was to remove the [evil] tag from spells that create unintelligent undead. They're kinda like swords; you can do good or evil with them, but they are unaligned, themselves.

Yeah, i remembered that, but im used to it being something hidden, and if someone is trying to hide weapons from you it is best to be alert, at least until they pull it out and wiggle it in your face telling you they mean no harm  :o :lmao

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2014, 10:08:24 AM »
perfect , thanks,  :clap
sorry i didnt do my rolls and other data, didnt feel well last night so didnt look it all up and faith had a bad day today and came home from school which facilitated a bad day for myself also ...  :witsend
Ugh. Feel better!

Yeah, i remembered that, but im used to it being something hidden, and if someone is trying to hide weapons from you it is best to be alert, at least until they pull it out and wiggle it in your face telling you they mean no harm  :o :lmao
Well, she does hide it to some extent. Note that if she's just passing through, the skeletons will probably stay in the back of the wagon and they're covered from head to toe. The horses are a bit disconcerting, but they'd pass all but a close-up inspection.

That being said, hanging around in a theocracy devoted to a good god, she does have to be careful...
My creations

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2014, 10:08:35 AM »
Vájinn takes 6 damage and is frightened for 3 rounds!
Sorry for probably taking you out of the whole combat, guy! At least you dropped one of the orcs, first. :p
My creations

Offline DarkStar387

• Damn Skippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2014, 01:30:22 PM »
yeah... thanks ya jerk lol    He's just going t run along home now.   but before I go,  I wish to pass on a few trinkets of wisdom:

First  https://33.media.tumblr.com/1ea36c780f5a1e9a8546417dbbeb11da/tumblr_n4lerkKO901qewacoo1_500.jpg

and second a real DnD player that knows how to play the game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gs2VYL-3RI

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2014, 09:42:09 PM »
 :lmao

oops, i thought you were evil, sorry child

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2014, 07:18:44 PM »
Everyone gets 1,200 XP, which should be enough for level 4.