Author Topic: Out of Character chat  (Read 46707 times)

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Out of Character chat
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2015, 10:45:31 PM »
Trying to figure out why i can speak with this 'wolf' , looking at my character sheet thinking im missing somehting
It's speaking to you in common. It's not telepathy, or anything.

Having a hard time trying to figure out how to respond to this, wasnt expecting a conversation mid fight
Parlay? Kill it!
My creations

Please direct moderation-related PMs to Forum Staff.

Offline ZanKhellendros

• ~ A fool's paradise or a wise man's hell? ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2015, 12:08:53 AM »
so when you named drop worg , you really did mean worg , ok , must have seen that as wolf still the first time
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else"~ Albert Einstein
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right"~ThomasPaine
"One may transcend any convention if only one could conceive of doing so"~CloudAtlas

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2015, 09:11:38 AM »
I started describing it as a wolf both because they look pretty much identical (there's not the same size difference you get with a dire wolf), and it's dark out.
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2015, 10:50:34 PM »
 :whistle
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else"~ Albert Einstein
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right"~ThomasPaine
"One may transcend any convention if only one could conceive of doing so"~CloudAtlas

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2015, 01:07:25 PM »
 :cheers XP

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2015, 08:54:23 AM »
Sorry. Katie and I were watching something when you called last night, and I forgot to call back before I went to bed.
My creations

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2015, 10:53:55 AM »
I got Taryn leveled and updated the MW sheet. His AC jumped by 2 (+1 natural and +1 deflection for hitting level 4).

I put his ability score increase into Wis, which bumped it to 18. This, and the HD increase bumped his spell saves from 14 to 16.

He picked up summon plants (so he can cast Entangle and Brier Web in other areas, with setup) and Thorns on his Vine Lash. This means he can use it in melee for 1d8+4, and if he uses it to entangle an opponent, he can do 1d6 damage a round, if he chooses.

Other than that, it's just some skill increases (Concentration, Listen, Spot, Survival (giving a +2 Synergy bonus to Knowledge (Nature), and Knowledge (Nature)).

It was fun, last night. Let's crack some orc heads again, soon.  :drunk :cheers :chairhit
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2015, 01:06:22 PM »
I got Taryn leveled and updated the MW sheet.
620xp after i divided it up , there was some horses and a wagon near their camp, the survivors/ prisoners are all being covered and restrained by the gaurds ... I'll get the post running and go into more details
It was fun, last night. Let's crack some orc heads again, soon.  :drunk :cheers :chairhit
Sure was, as usual, yeah, getting together agian soon is always an awesome idea  :cheers  :drunk

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2015, 07:44:56 AM »
Sup, Skeletor!?
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2015, 11:11:25 PM »

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2015, 05:52:10 PM »
OOc: should i know the outcome to my sense motive vs a bluff or whatever he did or didnt roll. Was trying to remember if this was a roll you make in secret or if I roll, for future referance
OOC: You can roll it any time, if you want. I just didn't post the Bluff roll, both so you wouldn't see his modifier and so you wouldn't truly know if your roll was successful, or not. In the mean time, I can roll any if I knew you wanted to make a roll, but forgot to post it (just to keep things moving).

I would still tie up my mule and follow toward the temple. The trick will be to keep him talking and hope he lets something slip
"How long have you guys been here"
Sense Motive vs Bluff -> 1d20+8 = 13.

You get the feeling he's holding something back. He's not necessarily lying, but you don't think he's being forthright. You probably have time for about one more question before he brings you around to the entrance, unless you intentionally want to stall entering.

Yeah, i figured on variables like holding back but not lying and I didnt care that you rolled the check either and never thought you should post his bluff. What fun would it be if I knew, lol.
  :lmao
The intrigue aspect of Dnd is different on forum, combat is straight forward but the dialog part is strange, all these audio cues that im used to, even you rolling dice which is technically metagaming and not having it is exciting, but I notice I tend to get a little lost with the way you say some things so when i look to clarify just remember I think its me and not anything you did

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2015, 08:04:56 PM »
Trying to figure out if these fellas are npcs or enemies  :debate

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2015, 07:48:28 PM »
swing my sword or cast a spell ... hmmm, with the arrival of elf i was thinking mage armor ... does that work with mythril shirt, i believe so. Was also thinking of a grease of my own on W n C now gthat they are close and turning my attention to lighter armored foe ...
 :bash ___ :plot

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2015, 09:26:20 PM »
Mage Armor gives you an armor bonus to AC... which you already have. You'd get no benefit from it, other than that the +4 would apply against ghosts because it's a [force] effect.
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2015, 12:13:51 PM »
Mage Armor gives you an armor bonus to AC... which you already have. You'd get no benefit from it, other than that the +4 would apply against ghosts because it's a [force] effect.
Duh, i keep forgetting my new stuff from your boss feats

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2015, 10:18:02 PM »
 :shakefist

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2015, 01:24:19 PM »
Can I move to 14 h to swing at elf or 14 g and cast a spell at witch, cant decide which and what yet but double checking about the 5 ft moves incase any issue i cant see, part of me wants to step into the grease to swing at witch too but wakling into a spell does sound awesome

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2015, 03:38:55 PM »
You'd have clear line-of-sight (no cover) to the woman from G 14.
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2015, 01:09:35 PM »
I'm confused, maybe im not following what happened with the cleric 'freezing'
Your sword comes down and he lifts his shield up in the nick of time.

Sorsha looks at the cleric and begins chanting a spell. Spellcraft to guess -> 1d20+7 = 9.

Save -> 1d20+2 = 7. Suddenly, the cleric freezes in position. Sorsha gets a rather wicked smirk on her face.

The elf decides it's time to stop fucking around with the caster and takes a 5-foot step to I 14. He draws a dagger at blinding speed and stabs at Sorsha (flat-footed for that attack) -> 1d20+5 = , but it bounces off her armor.

The cleric swings at you -> 1d20+5 = 8, and he misses.

Round 5

The woman begins chanting a spell, and continues. Spellcraft to guess -> 1d20+7 = 22. She is casting sleep, which will finish at the beginning of her next turn.

You're up!

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2015, 02:52:04 PM »
I'm confused, maybe im not following what happened with the cleric 'freezing'
I forgot, despite putting it in my notes.

He gets a Will save each round to negate (which he failed). I updated the post. I'll respond with next round later.
My creations