Author Topic: White City  (Read 18413 times)

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
White City
« on: July 14, 2014, 01:25:26 AM »
Sam: -pressive.

It really is.  You aren't in the void anymore, Dorothy.  The void doesn't have a ground.  Or a pure blue sky...

You seem to be standing on a red asphalt road.  Behind you is the same Red Gate you entered from.  Before you is the White City.  You seem to be standing part-of-the-way-up a sloping hill or mountain or some such.  From what you can see, it stretches all the way around the City, as if the City was in a crater or some such.  Most of the crater, if that's what it is, appears to be filled with a deep blue lake, from the center of which rises a massive tower, much like the one you saw in the void.  Its much wider, though.

Nestled between the lake and the crater walls, directly downhill from your current location, is a large city of white metal and gleaming glass.  Across the lake from it is what looks like a smaller city.  Maybe a town?  A village?  Ringing the lake are endless fields of wheat.  You can just barely make out six more roads, like the red one you're standing on, snaking their way from the crater rim down towards various parts of the area.

Holy: Welcome to White City.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 01:36:34 AM by Hanako Tachibana »
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
Re: White City
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 01:54:01 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Louise moves forward a few steps.  "Thank you.  This place...  wow.  I didn't know what to expect.  It's beautiful.  What is that tower in the lake?"
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 01:57:33 AM »
Holy: It is the Neuro Tower.
Holy: It is like an antenna.
Holy: It helps us process Visiondance.
Holy: And allows us to always find out way back home.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 10:20:44 PM »
"Let's go into the city.  I want to see what there is to see."  Louise says, taking in the surroundings. Walking under the blue sky, she almost feels like she's back home..."
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 11:33:15 PM »
Holy: Please follow me.

You follow Holy down the road to the gleaming city.  After a short while you arrive on the outskirts of the city.  Unlike in the void, traveling here is actually a bit tiring.  You wouldn't say no to a bench or something around now.  You haven't seen any other lunes around, but from the various noises you can here, it sounds like there are some only a bit further in.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 11:40:12 PM »
Louise wipes some sweat from her brow.  "Wow, being in a non-void place reminds me how badly I'm suited for long walks, hahaha.  Either that, or Kusuri's been feeding us a little too well..."  Louise takes in the sights and sounds of the city.  She tries to catch a glimpse of lunes where they may be, but dutifully continues following Holy.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 11:40:47 PM »
Holy: Would you like to stop?
Holy: There is a restaurant near here.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 11:42:01 PM »
"A... restaurant?"  Louise's eyes noticeably brighten.  "Ah, but...  I don't have any currency of any kind..."
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 11:45:55 PM »
Holy: That is fine.

Holy turns and walks down another road, coming to a stop before a small diner-like restaurant.  When she walks in the door chimes with a cheerful *lorn*.  Following her in, you get your first glimpse of another Lune.  Sitting at a booth seat eating what looks like a white energy bar is another Holy.  If... your? Holy sat next to her, you're pretty sure you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them.  Looking around, there are a number of other... Holies sitting around, eating various incredibly plain looking things.

Holy: We will sit here.

Holy, yours, right?, takes a nearby empty table and sits down.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 12:07:14 AM »
Louise had been preparing for seeing several different Holies ever since the story about the shut eyed girl and the creator of the White City.  Still, seeing all of them like this was strange.  Still, her Holy was her Holy, she had no doubt in this.  Even if she couldn't see the difference, she's sure that she'd find her eventually.

Louise isn't sure why she's thinking this.

She sits down next to Holy.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 12:11:16 AM »
As you sit down, Sam joins you.  A lune dressed like a waitress walks up to you three and hands out menus.  She bows slightly and walks off to another table.  Just before she leaves, you notice that she has one of those name badges on.  You don't quite catch what it said, though.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 12:20:36 AM »
Louise does what she's been meaning to do for a while and looks around with her glasses.  She then looks down at the menu.  Hopefully it is written in a language she can understand.  She will also make an effort to check the name tag on the waitress Lune.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 12:26:50 AM »
The surrounding look... normal.  No appearance changes or anything, other than the colored glow the glasses cast on everything.  The lunes themselves looks normal too.  Like Holy, none of them are colored by the glasses.

The menu is in English.  Maybe.  Just for a second, before you looked at it closely, it might have been written in something else.  The food looks to be normal diner fare.  You could get a sandwich, or some soup, or something else.

The name tag on the waitress appears to say "Holy."

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2014, 12:53:49 AM »
Louise looks at the menu and asks what the others will be ordering.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2014, 12:55:46 AM »
Sam: Umm, I think I'll have the... spiced soup?
Sam: Is that was this is?

Sam gestures at a menu entry.

Holy: Yes.
Holy: It is good.
Holy: I will have a bulc sandwich.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2014, 01:33:06 AM »
"Then I will also try the bulc sandwich.  I hope it isn't spicy."
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2014, 01:37:32 AM »
Holy: It isn't.
Holy: That would be the kcalb sandwich.

Holy attracts the attention of the waitress and presents the groups order.  The waitress bows again and heads off.  It looks like it'll be a little while before your food arrives.  Maybe you have things you want to ask Holy or Sam?

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2014, 01:46:46 AM »
"Is everyone here named Holy?"  Louise ponders.  "I hope that's not rude to ask, I just...  wanted to check since the waitress' name is also Holy and everyone here looks visually similar."
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2014, 01:47:02 AM »
Holy: Yes.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2014, 01:27:21 AM »
"Do people have nicknames here, or is there no need?"
Magic do what you will