Author Topic: Game Thread  (Read 79066 times)

Offline Kenderbrained

• "You can't take the sky from me"
    • View Profile
Re: Game Thread
« Reply #100 on: July 29, 2014, 07:04:42 PM »
I'll check the gnoll I didn't hit for a pulse....if there is....well.... and then hey, I heard he was paid in platinum, time to go dig through the black bag!!! 
"We'll either leave our footprints in a field of ash, or go out in a blaze of glory" ~Gadalar, FFXI <3

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2014, 10:00:43 PM »
Kit appears seemingly out of nowhere and approaches up the black bag, which is about the size of a large trash bag. It is made of black leather, has a draw string around the opening and a strap running from near the mouth to the bottom that can be slung over one's shoulder.

She opens the bag and finds an impossibly large opening. At the bottom of the bag, almost out of reach, are two very dead gnolls. The bag does not yet reek of decay, but it still smells of body odor and general staleness. The bag otherwise seems empty.

Note: All three combatants do have pouches tied to their hips. The two gnolls in the bag, however, do not.
My creations

Please direct moderation-related PMs to Forum Staff.

Offline DarkStar387

• Damn Skippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2014, 10:28:57 PM »
After making the perimeter sweep and feeling comfident that they are alone,Vajinn will shift back into his natural form and make his way back to the group to get caught up on the missing girl.

Offline Kenderbrained

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 29, 2014, 10:42:37 PM »
I start giggling....tie the bag back up and sling it over my shoulder.  I'll say Well, tie the human guy up...he can show us the way
"We'll either leave our footprints in a field of ash, or go out in a blaze of glory" ~Gadalar, FFXI <3

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 29, 2014, 11:29:39 PM »
"We're about two hours out, or so. We'll have to head a bit further south than I was going, but it's mostly east of here."
My creations

Offline kalel78

• Lurker
  • May the power of the winds guide me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2014, 03:38:29 AM »
Kale turns to Kit and states simply, "I agree."

« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 04:00:36 AM by kalel78 »
Gotta go with uno pistola for myself. Remember Han Solo saved Lando, killed Boba Fett and escaped the sarlaac with only one pistol and he was BLIND. Give a smuggler 2 pistols and eyesight and I'm fairly certain they would solo the Death Star while hitting on your sister and balancing the fed budget

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2014, 08:10:50 AM »
You guys heading out, or is there anything else you want to do here?
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• ~ A fool's paradise or a wise man's hell? ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2014, 09:19:39 AM »
Well. if that all plays out fine and things are over...move to stand over him, pull out my manacles and clap them on his wrists.

I will collect the coin pouches and divide the loot while we get moving.  Also go pick up my javelin. Any other equipment or items on them seem worth taking?

Before heading off, ill use my lock to attach my 20 ft chain to my manacles. And then help Karl off the ground via a more then likely painful tug by the cuffs (karl seems like the kind of guy who may be able to slip out of stuff like this so I would like to continue to be suspicious of him)

To Karl while we are getting ready to leave and while walking (there could be more depending on how he answers these .. )
"Can you walk with that leg? How far is the crones cave from here? What kind of relationship does she have with the gnolls?" .....
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else"~ Albert Einstein
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right"~ThomasPaine
"One may transcend any convention if only one could conceive of doing so"~CloudAtlas

Offline DarkStar387

• Damn Skippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2014, 10:03:40 AM »
Looks over the bodies of the dead gnolls as well before they take off, as well as any supplies around the camp.

Looking at the human "what else can you tell us about this crone? Is she there alone?traps or guards..?what kind of information about the churches?"

He'll lean over to Drog and quietly say, "I could heal his leg, but he might run off.."

Once they get going he'll take point looking for any signs  of trouble. (He'll stay in human form for now)

(Listen +6
Rolled 1d20+6 : 3 + 6, total 9

Spot +4
Rolled 1d20+4 : 15 + 4, total 19
)

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2014, 11:06:43 AM »
I will collect the coin pouches and divide the loot while we get moving.  Also go pick up my javelin. Any other equipment or items on them seem worth taking?

Between the three coin purses, there is a total of 20pp, 100gp, 40sp and 20cp. So, as Drog divvies it up everyone gets 5pp, 25gp, 10sp, and 5cp.

As far as the weapons go, all of Karl's stuff appears to be masterwork, which could fetch some good money; especially given the current weapons and arms shortage due to the war. He has (in addition to the bag that Kit took):
  • Masterwork rapier
  • Masterwork composite shortbow
  • Masterwork chain shirt (not mithril)
Without checking, you have no idea what's magical.

As for the gnoll's gear, it's in poor repair and their armor is a patchwork of leather and plates. You might still fetch something for it, due to the shortage, if you want to carry it. There are:
  • Two suits of leather armor
  • Two battle axes
  • Two short bows
  • Two heavy steel shields.

There is also a total of 60 arrows sized for a short bow.

To Karl while we are getting ready to leave and while walking (there could be more depending on how he answers these .. )
"Can you walk with that leg? How far is the crones cave from here? What kind of relationship does she have with the gnolls?" .....

"I'll manage. Her cave is within two hours of here. It's not a hard hike, although I don't know if she's actually at her cave. That's just where I meet her. She sometimes goes out to hunt, or do who knows what.

The 'gnolls' are complicated. When the townsfolk talk about 'the gnolls', they mean the tiny little village a few hours out in the woods. So far as I know, they're refugees from the south, or some shit. I don't really care about the plight of the gnolls, or whatever brought them here. When I'm talking about 'the gnolls', I mean the small band that moved out from the camp some time back. It's mostly men, with a handful of female, and no kids. I don't know if they drop the kids off at the village, eat them, or what, but... sorry, I'm kind of rambling. Anyway, the gnolls she works with are in some stupid cult of Erythnul or some such. They love that guy about as much as they love breaking shit. They tend to stay away from the village, as does Iigthia, so I sometimes run errand for them. I don't know what they do together. I don't want to know."

Looks over the bodies of the dead gnolls as well before they take off, as well as any supplies around the camp.

In addition to the weapons and arms listed above, you find three waterskins and six days of rations. The four days of rations belonging to the gnolls are almost entirely meat-based, but they seem quite edible.

Looking at the human "what else can you tell us about this crone? Is she there alone?traps or guards..?what kind of information about the churches?"

"She's old. She's lived out in the woods since before I was born, so far as I know. She's creepy. I think she eats people, or something. Maybe gnolls, too. I just know she asks me to do weird things, and she pays me fairly well. I don't ever get close enough for her to physically touch me, for fear of scabies or getting eaten.

She's probably a witch of some sort, but I don't know what she can do. I've seen her kill a gnoll with green fire that she called 'fey-flame' and she made one gnoll fall to the ground in fits of laughter before she casually walked up and stoved his head in with a morningstar. Fucking creepy.

As for the churches, she wanted to know about stuff like potential inquisitions, witch hunts, and what-not. She strikes me as paranoid, but she might just be fishing to see if they're onto cult activities. I don't know what she does, but it strikes me that she wants to know if she's been caught. She's also gotten me to steal some random religious relics and whatnot associated with Erythnul that get confiscated by the churches. I got her a book and that morningstar she used on the gnoll on two different occasions."
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 11:11:04 AM by RobbyPants »
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2014, 01:35:48 PM »
He'll lean over to Drog and quietly say, "I could heal his leg, but he might run off.."
" If you want to, I can just bandage it with my skill at healing but I have him in chains, his bleeding leg is a minor problem when thinking of escape from me "
If matt wants to save his spells I will do a heal check (4 ranks)
Rolled 1d20 : 5, total 5

Lets collect all that stuff up and store it in Leah's new bag of holding to be sold back at town and head out.
I'll walk behind matt holding onto karls chain, i wanted the manacles put on his hands behind his back (I left out that part earlier) for now while we walk, that way I can watch his hands. I don't want to walk right up to her cave so every little while I will ask how far, without telling him what I want, and gauge his responses
OOC:
(click to show/hide)
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else"~ Albert Einstein
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right"~ThomasPaine
"One may transcend any convention if only one could conceive of doing so"~CloudAtlas

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2014, 01:44:06 PM »
" If you want to, I can just bandage it with my skill at healing but I have him in chains, his bleeding leg is a minor problem when thinking of escape from me "
If matt wants to save his spells I will do a heal check (4 ranks)

I don't want to walk right up to her cave so every little while I will ask how far, without telling him what I want, and gauge his responses

You walk for most of an hour. You've headed back into a more shady section of the forest, primarily consisting of pine and fir. There are no bushes on the ground due to the shade and the blanket of needles. The branches are all dead, and mostly fallen to the ground for the bottom ten or fifteen feet of the trees, making for relatively good visibility.

The day has been warming up nicely, although it is getting a bit humid. The air is getting thick...

OOC:
(click to show/hide)

OOC:
(click to show/hide)
My creations

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2014, 01:45:14 PM »
Everybody: Apart from Karl being led by Drog in chains, what is your marching order, and what forms are you in?
My creations

Offline Kenderbrained

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2014, 07:04:26 PM »
I'll skip along on the flank....lets go with the right.  I might look distracted, but I'm paying attention!!  And yes, I mean skip...

Offline DarkStar387

• Damn Skippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2014, 10:14:44 PM »
(OOC: I should still be in front taking point. Want me to roll another listen/spot check?)

Offline kalel78

• Lurker
  • May the power of the winds guide me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2014, 04:11:23 AM »
Everybody: Apart from Karl being led by Drog in chains, what is your marching order, and what forms are you in?

OOC:  Kale will stay in back.  regarding items, i can cast detect magic to see which ones are magical.  I will also roll a knowledge arcana (8) to see if i can identify them:

Rolled 1d20+8 : 5 + 8, total 13

OOC:  also, unless there are objections, i would like to claim the Masterwork composite shortbow.
Gotta go with uno pistola for myself. Remember Han Solo saved Lando, killed Boba Fett and escaped the sarlaac with only one pistol and he was BLIND. Give a smuggler 2 pistols and eyesight and I'm fairly certain they would solo the Death Star while hitting on your sister and balancing the fed budget

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2014, 07:49:19 AM »
regarding items, i can cast detect magic to see which ones are magical.  I will also roll a knowledge arcana (8) to see if i can identify them:

The bag is (obviously) magical. None of the other items are. Simple observation shows that the bag is a Bag of Holding, but you're unsure of it's true capacity.

OOC:  also, unless there are objections, i would like to claim the Masterwork composite shortbow.

OOC: Not that you can't have it, but it does less damage and has a shorter range than your composite longbow, and the fact that it's masterwork won't increase your chances to hit. The +1 enhancement bonus to attack rolls from a masterwork weapon overlap with the bonus you get from being 3rd level.
My creations

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2014, 07:56:56 AM »
As long as Mythweavers is acting up, I'll need everyone's Spot modifiers.

Nevermind. They're working again. Must have been a temporary server thing.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 09:12:20 AM by RobbyPants »
My creations

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
  • Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2014, 09:36:25 AM »
Karl tells you that you're between 30 and 60 minutes out, he estimates. The humidity is rising, despite it not being that warm outside. The ground feels somewhat damp, although it wouldn't be described as muddy. Through the trees, you see several figures moving. It appears to be three gnolls out with three wolves.

Spot checks: (Figuring DC 10 for the distance (100') and that the DC will be lower than Listen, so Spot will be the deciding factor.)

PCs:
Vájinn: 1d20+4 = 13
Kit: 1d20+8 = 22
Kale: 1d20+0 = 12
Drog: 1d20+1 = 17
Karl: 1d20+1 = 12

Team Monster:
Gnoll 1: 1d20+3 = 20
Gnoll 2: 1d20+3 = 23
Gnoll 3: 1d20+3 = 18
Wolf 1: 1d20+3 = 6
Wolf 2: 1d20+3 = 16
Wolf 3: 1d20+3 = 6

Surprise! None of you are surprised, although, two of the wolves are.

Initiative:
Drog: 1d20+1 = 17
Kale: 1d20+2 = 13
Kit: 1d20+5 = 12
Vájinn 1d20+6 = 8

The middle wolf is let loose, and it charges sprints up to Vájinn! Bite = 1d20 + 5 = 13. Vájinn, being flat-footed is bitten, but his thick wolf hide prevents him from being hurt. I forgot it's the surprise round. It could sprint at x2 speed (as opposed to x4 like normal).

Map:
(click to show/hide)

The three gnolls appear to be armed in a similar fashion to the ones you encountered earlier: bows, axes, shields, and light armor. They all currently have their shields on their backs.

Note to Vájinn and Drog: Bull's Strength wore off about 30 minutes ago.

Drog, you're up! Don't forget if you move more than 20 feet from Karl's current location, you either need to pull him with a Str check (which means you can't charge) or drop the chain.

Partial actions only on the surprise round!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 05:19:16 PM by RobbyPants »
My creations

Offline ZanKhellendros

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2014, 06:22:27 PM »
Through the trees, you see several figures moving. It appears to be three gnolls out with three wolves.
The three gnolls appear to be armed in a similar fashion to the ones you encountered earlier: bows, axes, shields, and light armor. They all currently have their shields on their backs.

Note to Vájinn and Drog: Bull's Strength wore off about 30 minutes ago.
Drog, you're up! Don't forget if you move more than 20 feet from Karl's current location, you either need to pull him with a Str check (which means you can't charge) or drop the chain.
Partial actions only on the surprise round!
Partial Charge to 24 Z , brutal throw w/ power attack with javelin to gnoll #3 at 15 Y
Rolled 1d20 : 3, total 3

ATT<+2 charge , +6 str , +1 enhancement , -3 power attack >
Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1

Dam< +3 str(1handed) , +1 enhancement , +6 power attack >
OOC:
(click to show/hide)