Author Topic: Starting an Oriental Adventure style campaign.  (Read 24879 times)

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
Re: Starting an Oriental Adventure style campaign.
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2014, 03:23:57 AM »
The sheet is officially finished, and shopping is complete.  Man, keeping under weight when you have strength 6 is a trial.

(EDIT: Oh yeah, do you keep track of mundane ammo?  Typically I gloss over it, but if you don't it's fine.  I'll just pick up rocks every so often for the sling.)

typically i do not worry about ammunition unless you start telling me your character is carrying an obscene amount of it.
Stalking my prey, silently I hide. Prey: Why are you whispering to yourself. Me: Crap, I rolled low on my hide and move silent checks. Act normal. Hello citizen :)"Just smile till he leaves"

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2014, 03:28:41 AM »
The sheet is officially finished, and shopping is complete.  Man, keeping under weight when you have strength 6 is a trial.

(EDIT: Oh yeah, do you keep track of mundane ammo?  Typically I gloss over it, but if you don't it's fine.  I'll just pick up rocks every so often for the sling.)

typically i do not worry about ammunition unless you start telling me your character is carrying an obscene amount of it.

Heh, not I (but good to know).  My first item I must save up for: Handy Haversack.  So I can carry those 1 thousand oil vials.  There isn't a problem that can't be solved by soaking in in oil and setting it on fire.  Take this orphanage for example.

*FWOOM*

And now none of the orphans will miss than parents.  I'm the best!  :D
Mudada.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2014, 05:11:41 AM »
Oh yes, you may want to know my party role.  I'm the face (yeah I know, only Cha 10).  In combat I become a debuffer, entangling and dealing damage over time.  I'm pretty durable for a cat, and when I get money I'll slap on some armor eventually.  Right now I don't worry about ASF since my only invocation is a buff I cast at the start of the day anyways.

I don't melee.  I sometimes range, but mostly I just set things on fire.
Mudada.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2014, 08:04:01 AM »
I think I might just win out on being the face, given that my class is CHA-focused and I get to make friends by punching people. :lmao

32 point buy, no score over 18 after race mods.

After? Huh.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 08:06:02 AM by Raineh Daze »

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2014, 08:56:11 AM »
I think I might just win out on being the face, given that my class is CHA-focused and I get to make friends by punching people. :lmao

32 point buy, no score over 18 after race mods.

After? Huh.

That's fine, I fit as the talking cat mascot after all!  Now we must combine our rainbow sparkle powers to made a wave motion gun made of pure love!
Mudada.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2014, 08:59:54 AM »
Ask me a few levels down the line and we'll see about making things BOOM. :lmao

Still confused at the 'only 18 after mods' thing. That kinda defeats the point of mods: this race has a higher base average, so the exceptional guys really are. O_o

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2014, 09:13:54 AM »
And then this happened.

(click to show/hide)
Mudada.

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2014, 09:50:29 AM »
Ask me a few levels down the line and we'll see about making things BOOM. :lmao

Still confused at the 'only 18 after mods' thing. That kinda defeats the point of mods: this race has a higher base average, so the exceptional guys really are. O_o

It's more say that the elf ranger couldn't spend the points for an 18 dex then with his +2 racial modifier have a 20 dex at lvl 1.
Stalking my prey, silently I hide. Prey: Why are you whispering to yourself. Me: Crap, I rolled low on my hide and move silent checks. Act normal. Hello citizen :)"Just smile till he leaves"

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2014, 09:56:55 AM »
But... that's kind of the whole point. No-LA, no-RHD races are only going to get you about a max of +4, which is a modifier of... +6 as opposed to +4. It's hardly gamebreaking. :huh

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2014, 10:53:18 AM »
True it may not be gamebreaking, but I like to see players expand their characters past just focusing on one aspect of focus. Instead of the thought. Well my fighter sucks at skills so i may as well not worry about them really and just focus all on combat.I may not be explaining this in the way i want. Sometimes it's hard to present things as you meanfor them to sound.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2014, 12:01:50 PM »
I think I'm going to refrain from taking part, in that case. Being forced to hamper my primary focus because the DM desires pointless generalising for the sake of generalising.

Sorry for wasting your time.

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2014, 09:22:43 PM »
I've dmed enough games to not see it as pointless, but you are all free to make your own choices. Take it easy, amd have a good day.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2014, 09:46:33 PM »
I think I'm going to refrain from taking part, in that case. Being forced to hamper my primary focus because the DM desires pointless generalising for the sake of generalising.

Sorry for wasting your time.

But Rainy! It means you don't have to dump Con!  :lmao

I'll have a char up later tonight.

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2014, 09:54:19 PM »
Sounds good, just post your character when you can and I'll check it out at the soonest available time.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2014, 12:01:38 AM »
I just realized I asked for Shrine Maiden but not the martial school that goes with it >.>

Can I Dream Battle? <.<

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2014, 01:22:34 AM »
Sure go ahead lol

Offline Rikimaru

• Shadow Blending
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2014, 01:31:08 AM »
So i would like for everyone who is currently going to participate in this campaign still to either post, send me a message or do something that shows your still interested. If i have at least 2-3 I'll go ahead and begin requesting for the child board creations.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2014, 01:36:28 AM »
EXPLOSIVE RUNES
 :devil
Mudada.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2014, 01:50:19 AM »
Its moments like this i wish i had my samurai homebrew finished for playtesting...

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2014, 01:59:57 AM »
Its moments like this i wish i had my samurai homebrew finished for playtesting...

Quickly! Instaspiration time!