Author Topic: 3.5 Character Chart Template  (Read 2146 times)

Offline Fredgerd

• I'm newd!
    • View Profile
3.5 Character Chart Template
« on: October 14, 2014, 01:51:46 AM »
I made this character chart template last summer for my friends and I to use because I hadn't found a chart I found to be fully satisfactory to date. Its got a lot more detail in it than most character spreadsheets I've seen and a fair amount of internal calculations including automatically calculated spells per day, stats that update based on ability damage, and that sort of thing. It's still a work in progress, but I think it does a lot that I haven't seen other charts do. I figured I'd share it with you all in case someone else might find it useful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VyOxgHVuWNXqAKM1cGlUcr3nk9Ipd9foHgzZKqqBlY0/edit#gid=0

Feel free to use it (File>Make a Copy, save it to your drive), and please let me know if you find any mistakes, or have a class you'd like to see supported or a feature you think should be added and I'll do my best to include it. Anything within 3.5 including web enhancement and WotC approved 3rd party (like Dragonlance, etc) is fair game.

Adding material from Magic Incarnum is already on my list of things to do.

Enjoy! Any and all feedback is welcomed.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 12:43:57 PM by Fredgerd »

Offline Fredgerd

• I'm newd!
    • View Profile
Re: 3.5 Character Chart Template
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 01:51:57 AM »
Worth noting, one thing I've found useful for speeding up game sessions is that google docs lets you insert notes into your chart (which you can then see by hovering over a cell). This means you can put in data for feats, spells, items, etc, without them becoming bulky, or aesthetically unpleasing, which then saves you the trouble of cracking a book for the most part. The only thing you'll actually need to open at a session most of the time is the rules compendium, unless your GMing.

Offline ccarreer

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 12:10:20 PM »
Ooh...FUN! I'm gonna try this! *yoinks!*
Kobold Wrangling should be a sport

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 10:26:26 PM »
That is a wonderful sheet. And what I thought was a bug (Con mod bonus hit points being reduced with each negative level) may actually be correct. I'm used to playing with it as only lowering your hp by 5, not also reducing your effective level when calculating hp from Con. I'll need to look into the wording of hp from Con and of negative levels and see what the actual situation is.

Offline Fredgerd

• I'm newd!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 01:23:51 AM »
Ya, I've always assumed reducing effective hit die meant that constitution dropped too. If you find something that says otherwise, let me know, its an easy fix in the coding  :).