Author Topic: Kickstarters and Other Crowd-Funding Mega-Thread!  (Read 130752 times)

Offline Kajhera

• View Profile
Re: Kickstarters and Other Crowd-Funding Mega-Thread!
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2016, 02:47:15 PM »
My uncle is pursuing developing an updated version of a fun game he made 15 years ago: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamemechanicsllc/demo-derby

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2016, 05:55:17 PM »
Control: A Strategic Card Game (Funding ends February 19th) - An interesting looking quick play competitive card game about time travelers.

Fate More: From Bits to Books (Funding ends February 10th) - Evil Hat wants to print some of their Fate books that are currently only available in pdf.

Scarred Lands—FRPG setting in 5e OGL & Pathfinder editions (Funding ends February 2nd) - The title is pretty self-explanatory.  I've only glanced at Scarred Lands but the campaign looks pretty interesting.

Accursed: World of Morden (Funding ends January 26th) - Accursed is a setting for Savage Worlds that is pretty well reviewed, they want to print more books (and you can get pdfs of all the books as a pledge level).

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2016, 09:50:58 PM »
More tabletop-rpg specific kickstarters:

Dungeons On Demand: Volume 3 - 5E DnD Dungeon Adventures (Funding ends February 5th) - More 5th edition dungeons plus extras.

Apocalypse World 2nd Edition (Funding ends March 1st) - Pretty self-explanatory, no fiddly bits on this kickstarter (at least as of the time of this post).

Mutant: Genlab Alpha (Funding ends March 4th) - A sourcebook for Mutant: Year Zero

Olympus Inc: An Urban Fantasy Setting Book For Savage Worlds (Funding ends February 18th) - The title is pretty self-explanatory.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2016, 01:26:57 PM »
Dragon: The Game (Funding ends February 14th) - An open-world action rpg where you are a dragon.  I've been following this game on Steam (it's in early access) and just found out about the kickstarter so I figured i would share it.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2016, 11:37:51 PM »
7th Sea: Second Edition (Funding ends March 13th) - 7th Sea is back in the hands of the original creator and so he's overhauling it since it's been over 15 years.  There's also a free quick start rules download.  Also, all pledges over $40 gives you all of the 1st edition books.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2016, 10:50:43 AM »
A couple more RPGs.

Weird War I - Savage Worlds (Funding ends March 3rd) - Savage Worlds already has Weird War II, Vietnam, and Rome.  Now Pinnacle wants to expand the Weird War series.  There's also a plot point campaign where you're the Germans (but this is WWI so not Nazis).

Robert E. Howard's Conan Roleplaying Game (Funding ends March 30th) - It's a 2d20 system (I've never played one of those) and a guy that I know is listed as a "renowned Conan expert" who's making sure the game stays true to its roots.  Also there are quickstart rules.  Definitely could be interesting.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2016, 12:01:15 PM »
Another pen and paper rpg

KULT: Divinity Lost (Funding ends March 31) - In 1991 an RPG was released called Kult (that I've never heard of, just fyi).  Now it's going to be re-released through Kickstarter.  It's a contemporary horror RPG.  Looks interesting.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2016, 12:23:06 AM »
Sandy Petersen's Cthulhu Mythos for Pathfinder (Funding ends April 6th) - The author of Call of Cthulhu wants to print a book converting the Cthulhu mythos to the Pathfinder ruleset.  He's even revising the official Pathfinder Cthulhu mythos monsters that have already been printed.

Also there's going to be a stretch goal for insanity rules.

Also there are miniatures!

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2016, 09:25:23 PM »
Have you ever thought that you didn't feel complete unless you had dice with you at all times?  Or perhaps you want to introduce children to Lovecraft without giving them nightmares?  Well read on!

CUBi DICE : The Smallest Titanium Dice In The World (Funding ends March 16th) - These dice are 5mm per side and come with a keychain holder to carry them with.  Choose how many dice you want (keychain holds 6).

Littlest Lovecraft: The Horror Collection (Funding ends April 11th) - Contains children friend adaptations of "Pickman's Model", "The Haunter of the Dark", and "The Whisperer in Darkness".  Add-ons also include some pretty cool tumbler glasses, the other three Littlest Lovecraft books, and dice!  (I'm sensing a theme here...)

Edit: H.P. Lovecraft Cthulhu Mythos Petroglyphs: History in Stone (Funding ends March 17th) - I'll just quote the kickstarter tagline, "The Cthulhu Mythos on stone, with Elder Things, Shoggoths, & Deep Ones. Plus Miskatonic University T-shirts & Cthulhu Pendants."  It looks pretty damn awesome.

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2016, 04:44:31 AM »
Dwarven Forge is making a new line of castles, walls, and towers.  It's looking pretty cool, if a bit pricey. 
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline Kajhera

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2016, 11:45:00 AM »
Speaking of Call of Cthulhu, my friend has been writing some investigations for the 7th edition rules to supplement the available content.

While free to access, he's hosting them on Patreon, so in this thread they go.  :tongue

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2016, 12:21:36 PM »
Speaking of Call of Cthulhu, my friend has been writing some investigations for the 7th edition rules to supplement the available content.

While free to access, he's hosting them on Patreon, so in this thread they go.  :tongue

I officially declare that Patreon counts as crowd-funding enough for this thread!

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2016, 09:11:42 PM »
Prism Dice : Handmade from Bulletproof Glass (Funding ends April 15th) - Way too pricey for me but man wouldn't they be cool to show off?

GLOAID | Self Charging Wayfinding Systems (Funding ends March 30th) - A non-game related kickstarter, I just like the idea of high quality glow-in the dark materials.  I don't think that this one is going to meet its goal though.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2016, 08:32:33 PM »
Unknown Armies Third Edition Roleplaying Game (Funding ends April 29th) - I've never played Unknown Armies and know nothing about it, but there's a new edition in the works.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2016, 07:58:31 PM »
Lexicons of Dueling Scottish Claymore (Funding ends April 22nd) - And interesting looking dueling card game.  This is the third kickstarter they've done, each one is a different deck/weapon.  It looks interesting but I've never pledged before so I'm not sure how well the game plays.

Offline Kajhera

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2016, 07:06:32 PM »
Module 2 and
Module 3

Continuing Call of Cthulhu modules written by said friend. I've promised to read them at some point, but I'm scared to ...  :p

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2016, 07:35:26 PM »
Module 2 and
Module 3

Continuing Call of Cthulhu modules written by said friend. I've promised to read them at some point, but I'm scared to ...  :p

If only I have a Call of Cthulhu group....

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2016, 07:57:22 PM »
We could make one.  I wanna do a Cthulhu game where teh PC's are a sherrif's office in a small rural town

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2016, 07:41:49 PM »
Trance Sphere: Oligodynamic Copper (Funding ends May 19th) - Reasonably priced large copper spheres (well, reasonably for the price of copper in general).

Rifts for Savage Worlds (Funding ends May 19th) - Pretty self-explanatory.  A Rifts conversion to the Savage Worlds system.

Dark Souls - The Board Game Funding ends May 16th) - Also self-explanatory.

The Dresden Files Cooperative Card Game (Funding ends May 19th) - I'm sure someone here would be interested in this.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2016, 08:26:17 PM »
Splyt Light (Funding ends May 14th) - A very cool build-your-own chandelier kind of project.  I like it a lot.

The Dark Eye RPG—English Edition (Funding ends June 2nd) - Another pen-and-paper RPG kickstarter.