Author Topic: Campaign Thread VIII: In Which we learn MMIII has shitty balance issues...  (Read 152545 times)

Offline Vladeshi

• Feel free to ignore me.
    • View Profile
Wellesley will clean anyone who asks for it after he is done cleaning himself. Assume you are all cleaned over the course of the next few minutes if you have no objections.

Pat will gladly accept.

OOC: bhu, how much do those of us that failed the will save remember?
The following explanation has been removed due to time constraints, character limits on posts, and the DC 30 Spellcraft checks to understand large portions of it.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
...Man, now that was a trip, we better be more care-Oh, shinies! Saphire, Ruby, Emerald, big bone, your new orders are to protect me from threats.

Morte procceeds to check the loot.

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
Mustave also loots when he gets back.
My creations

Please direct moderation-related PMs to Forum Staff.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
Wellesley will clean anyone who asks for it after he is done cleaning himself. Assume you are all cleaned over the course of the next few minutes if you have no objections.

Pat will gladly accept.

OOC: bhu, how much do those of us that failed the will save remember?

It didn't affect anyones memory just their actions.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
do the loot pickers has detect magic?

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
do the loot pickers has detect magic?
Mustave does.
My creations

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
The giant also has a +1 breastplate and +1 Glaive like all the others

the merc captain has 2 potions and a magical chain shirt and trident and a pair of gauntlets

the mercenary has a potion (presumably the all do)

the cleric has magical studded leather and a wand (make a note it has 30 charges left)

they have no money upon them (it's prolly on the boat)

there are darts that are scattered about that the cleric was throwing at the tree that are magical, but they are also very obviously covered in some sort of poison

Near an obvious camp close to the tree is a chest with 17000 SP (wtf random treasure roll) and 1d6 magical pearls

apparently the sorcerer fled without his stash

Offline Solo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
    • Solo's Compiled Works
"Well, this is quite a treasure trove we've gotten! Shall we take it down and sort the spoils in less disturbing surroundings?"
"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down."

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
"Ahem"

You all turn to see your employer floating above ground and looking about 90% likely that he's a ghost...

""I imagine y'all have some questions..."

Offline Solo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
    • Solo's Compiled Works
"Well, yes, but the most immediate one seems to have answered itself."

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
"Well, this is quite a treasure trove we've gotten! Shall we take it down and sort the spoils in less disturbing surroundings?"
"Agreed."

""I imagine y'all have some questions..."
"Wait. Were you always a ghost and I just missed it, or did something just happen?"
My creations

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
"Always.  I couldn't take on that thing and  the Cleric's forces alone, and I doubted I'd get anyone to help me without any obvious means of paying them.  Not to mention most people won't work for ghosts.  I died in the initial assault to enslave my people, and we managed to sink one of two of their main boats.  It's the one I mentioned arranging to salvage when I first hired you.  I let them know any retrievable goods or treasure will go to your Guild, minus their payment.  Sorry, but it's the best I could do."

"I don't suppose I could talk you into sinking the remaining slave ship?  They probably have treasure as well, and they'll just return with more forces once you leave.  Plus I have the feeling y'all would really like to stomp some ass about now."

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
"Shit, man, it's cool. I don't judge. I have a ghost girlfriend, and..."

Mustave reflexively looks around for the sheriff, before continuing.

"Anyway, yeah, I hate slavers. I lied about that not judging thing. I totally judge slavers. Do you have any idea how many people are on board that thing?"

To the group:

"So, unless someone is both a really good swimmer and strong, it would seem best to get the treasure before sinking the ship. Does anyone have any good ideas on getting on board and/or sinking the ship?"
My creations

Offline Vladeshi

• Feel free to ignore me.
    • View Profile
"Does anyone have any good ideas on getting on board and/or sinking the ship?"

"Well, I can carry you over and I have some spells that really wreck buildings so I would believe that they work just as well on ships."
The following explanation has been removed due to time constraints, character limits on posts, and the DC 30 Spellcraft checks to understand large portions of it.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
"Shit, man, it's cool. I don't judge. I have a ghost girlfriend, and..."

Mustave reflexively looks around for the sheriff, before continuing.

"Anyway, yeah, I hate slavers. I lied about that not judging thing. I totally judge slavers. Do you have any idea how many people are on board that thing?"

To the group:

"So, unless someone is both a really good swimmer and strong, it would seem best to get the treasure before sinking the ship. Does anyone have any good ideas on getting on board and/or sinking the ship?"

They have 150 men and twenty eight 32 pounders.  Might be best to use the two boats they have beached to approach them unawares or they'd blow you out of the water.  Hit it hard with a few spells underneath the waterline and get the hell out of there."

"Or pass out the arms to my people who are still chained up and board it in a quest for blood stained vengeance.  Either way."

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
"Oh gosh, bloodstained vengeance sounds just so much more thrilling!"

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
"Oh gosh, bloodstained vengeance sounds just so much more thrilling!"

"I agree, but riches also has its appeal, you know? Anyway, I don't have the means to destroy a ship." Kulgan pauses a moment. "Anyone here can become invisible? What if said person went inside the ship and freed the slaves in order to cause a riot while we plunder it? Does this ship's crew have the means to detect magic?"

Offline Solo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
    • Solo's Compiled Works
"I can't turn invisible, but I can disguise myself and lie, which is almost the same thing!"

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
"I am not super stealthy. I am good at making distractions, confounding people, and melting them into oblivion."
My creations

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
ooc the slaves are in the two smaller ships moored off the beach.  You can free them from the beach, though it may be spotted by the frigate if you cut them loose and they begin running about every where.