Author Topic: Campaign Thread VIII: In Which we learn MMIII has shitty balance issues...  (Read 152549 times)

Offline Solo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
    • Solo's Compiled Works
"I suggest we disguise outserlves as guards, and deliver the slaves to the frigate using some excuse or the other. Then we take the thing over. It's the oldest trick in the book."
"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down."

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
"It's probably our best bet of getting on board the ship without getting killed. Bonus points if we can get the slaves to fight with us."
My creations

Please direct moderation-related PMs to Forum Staff.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
Shak'ri waves her tail about in an obvious manner. "Well....I'm pretty sure I can't disguise not having legs."

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
"You could take another role, like mercenary working with the guards or something."

Offline Vladeshi

• Feel free to ignore me.
    • View Profile
"Or you could just be below decks with the slaves. Either way, I tend to be good at convincing people of things so it sounds like a good idea."
The following explanation has been removed due to time constraints, character limits on posts, and the DC 30 Spellcraft checks to understand large portions of it.

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
"I didn't know the two boats we're taking over are that big. I need to learn more about boats..."
My creations

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
"Or you could just be below decks with the slaves. Either way, I tend to be good at convincing people of things so it sounds like a good idea."
"Sounds like a plan to me."
My creations

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
You guys stealthing up to the beach?  The ghost is moving on invisibly to free the slaves and chat them up.

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
Yes, but I think some of us are pilfering disguises from guards if we can find them. Can we find these before the beach, and are there any in small sizes?
My creations

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
None in small or non-humanoid.  Those members of the party might wanna stay below decks til it's boarding time.

Theres 4 mercs that came with you if you wanna squeegee them out of their uniforms.

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
None in small or non-humanoid.  Those members of the party might wanna stay below decks til it's boarding time.
Mustave will wait below deck and defer to someone above deck.

"I'll wait below deck. So, who wants to take point on this? Pat, Wesley, Morte: is anyone really good at talking and lying to people? I'm decent at the whole lying thing, but I don't look like a guard."

Theres 4 mercs that came with you if you wanna squeegee them out of their uniforms.
That works.
My creations

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
Who all is wearing uniforms?  We'll say you make it down the hill without problems (FUCK YOU MURDEROUS DC 10 HILL!).

Offline Solo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
    • Solo's Compiled Works
Wellesley will Prestidigitate the uniforms and select one for himself.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
"Guess I'll have to be hanging down under."

Offline Vladeshi

• View Profile
Pat will check if any of the uniforms fit him.
"So did we learn any of these guys names?"
The following explanation has been removed due to time constraints, character limits on posts, and the DC 30 Spellcraft checks to understand large portions of it.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
ooc: there is a reason why they were listed as merc 1 etc on the initiative chart  :tongue

Offline Vladeshi

• View Profile
ooc: there is a reason why they were listed as merc 1 etc on the initiative chart  :tongue

ooc: It is useful for lying if you know who you or the other people with you are supposed to be.
And I will take that as a no.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
Solo, Vlad and a group of former slaves dressed as guards man the boats as you set sail.  Does you has plan?

Offline Solo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
    • Solo's Compiled Works
"It is my current estimation that we can get close to them and convince them that we need help because the prisoners revolted below decks, and we need assistance subduing them."