I am interested. Probably would build a "how many followers can I get" build, because it is pretty rare to see Leadership even allowed, let alone encouraged.
While we are on this topic, I could use some clarification.
1. You have two class lists, A and B. "Base character classes will be chosen from a pair of lists as seen below." Does that mean one from A and one from B, or that one must choose A or B and get both from that list?
2. "No templates greater than LA+1". How does this interact with Savage Progressions, which divide up templates into one-level increments?
3. "average per level, rounded down". Does this mean that a d6 hit die produces 3 hit points, or does it mean that a d6 hit die produces 3.5 hit points, and if you have a .5 after adding your hit points, you round down? In other words, is it rounded down for every hit die, or is the final total rounded down?
4. What is an "anti-feat"? We cannot take Chicken-Infested as Commoner is not on the class list, and I don't think there are any other flaws that give a benefit to the PC, so I am wondering what you mean by this.
Yeah, I'm pretty excited for a Leadership campaign.
And hey, those are some great questions you have there. Let's see if I can knock any of them out.
1. Sorry about that. To clarify, each player will select a base class from list A, and another base class from list B. For players, no other base classes are allowed.
2. Gurgh. D: I am awful with savage progressions. For some reason, I can never account for them. I'll do my best, though. From the get-go, I'd say that templates as savage levels merely occupy the same side of the gestalt as prcs, but I would ask that you employ no savage progressions that require more than 4 total levels. If that doesn't work, I suspect it's because I just have a hard time wrapping my head around savage progressions, and would appreciate more discussion about it to work out a solid solution.
3. The latter. d6 produces 3.5 hp, and if you have a remaining .5 after adding up hp, drop it for play purposes.
4. Anti-feats are a terrible Kingdoms of Kalamar creation that do the exact opposite of what feats by the same name do, are acquired randomly, and net a bonus feat per two anti-feats. Unbelievably swingy and somewhat nonsense, they either break builds or affect them in no way. I just like to nip any requests about them in the bud.
Alternatively my "one allowed homebrew item" could just be, like, one of Oslecamo's lycanthrope racial classes to make it easier by not having to deal with LA.
Probably Druid/Beastmaster/Beast Heart Adept. Maybe more, but those are all I know off the top of my head for animal companion purposes without researching. Cohorts would be awakened animals, likely using incarnum to save me some trouble in equipping them.
If you're really dedicated to this beast pack thing, I'm sure we can find a build that will accommodate you.