Author Topic: The Small Rants Thread XII: The Folly of Life  (Read 180217 times)

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
Re: The Small Rants Thread XII: The Folly of Life
« Reply #300 on: October 30, 2018, 09:53:58 AM »
I'm beginning to think II need to get high on LSD before work.  It can't be any worse.

You can talk to me, it's almost the same and I am safe for the body, safe for the mind, where are the knives and good for the health.  You need not worry about your work anymore.
Mudada.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 30, 2018, 06:46:41 PM »

I'm beginning to think II need to get high on LSD before work.  It can't be any worse.

Your boss, the mean girl, and 1 of the ducks, walk into the front guard booth, and ... < stop me if you've heard this one before >
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 31, 2018, 10:31:26 AM »
idk, in my nice current run of being a shit magnet I just had to deal with someone who took multiple prescription pills before chugging bleach. Needless to say vomit was everywhere. :(

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #303 on: October 31, 2018, 07:23:24 PM »
Chugging bleach to die is such an idiotic thing to do... One of the most painful ways to die, and if you live, you're scarred for life, myriad of problems to deal with.
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 01, 2018, 11:31:45 AM »
Chugging bleach to die is such an idiotic thing to do... One of the most painful ways to die, and if you live, you're scarred for life, myriad of problems to deal with.
Right? It seems like every teenage girl wants to OD on Tylenol too, like several months of agony is exactly the solution they need. :rolleyes

Durg-related calls are always a pain in the ass. I had one last month or so where a guy walks into a store for energy drinks to stay awake and hits the ground passed out. Eyes couldn't fit a pin in them. Family claims he hasn't had anything, but an EMR dragged the wife off and got her to confess that maybe he got into some old prescriptions but she just doesn't know if he did or what they were. Narcan'ed him and five minutes later on the road he's telling me about how his wife gave him her pills for his pain and to help him sleep. :banghead

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 01, 2018, 01:43:40 PM »
So this girl I kinda liked got back together with her ex.

*sigh* And now to begin the trek from "I want to be with this person" to "I want this person's happiness even if it isn't with me."
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #306 on: November 01, 2018, 11:51:40 PM »
I am so salty right now, like, SUPER SALTY.

Got a friend, we're about as good looking as each other, he's got a full beard and i have none to speak of.

HE GOT 99 MATCHES ON TINDER YESTERDAY ALONE.

I got Tinder Gold and i only got 4.  GODDAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEARDS MAKE A HELL OF A DIFFERENCE!
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 02, 2018, 02:45:43 PM »
As someone who grows a beard about as easily as he draws breath, I can tell you that's probably not it.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 02, 2018, 04:34:36 PM »
I get the same amount of 0 matches now as I did before I shaved off my beard.

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 02, 2018, 08:05:43 PM »
I am so salty right now, like, SUPER SALTY.

Got a friend, we're about as good looking as each other, he's got a full beard and i have none to speak of.

HE GOT 99 MATCHES ON TINDER YESTERDAY ALONE.

I got Tinder Gold and i only got 4.  GODDAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEARDS MAKE A HELL OF A DIFFERENCE!

Some people rock the beard well. People compliment me on my facial hair, but nobody has actually ever shown interest in me over it.

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 12, 2018, 08:30:15 PM »
The smoke from the california wildfires is completely saturating my area. It's well past the "wear a mask if outdoors" level, and my room has no outside filtration(being a shed in the backyard). I'm already sick from smoke inhalation (sore throat, trouble breathing, inflamed sinuses) and have to wear a respirator 24 hours a day now.

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
« Reply #311 on: November 14, 2018, 09:38:57 PM »
The smoke from the california wildfires is completely saturating my area. It's well past the "wear a mask if outdoors" level, and my room has no outside filtration(being a shed in the backyard). I'm already sick from smoke inhalation (sore throat, trouble breathing, inflamed sinuses) and have to wear a respirator 24 hours a day now.

Please stay safe.
Mudada.

Offline Keldar

• Legendary Member
  • What's this button do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 16, 2018, 01:17:01 AM »
Call President Scroob, demand Druish air!

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 16, 2018, 02:31:41 AM »
Yeah, getting off work tonight in mountain view, CA, I could taste the air and it was poison  :surrender
It doesn't help that the bloody ocean winds keep pushing it back inland!  :shakefist

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 19, 2018, 05:46:17 PM »
Be careful, it is poison.

I run a 99.97% hepa filter while sleeping, so I get it with the bad air.

San Francisco has ranked with the worst 3rd world metros the last few days.
https://www.airvisual.com/world-air-quality

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: November 20, 2018, 02:58:30 PM »
As if being literally poisoned by the air outside wasn't bad enough, I've been informed my vehicle has approximately $3000 in repairs. 1800 of which must be done before it can smog.

I live on an income of ~$900 a month.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 21, 2018, 04:42:35 PM »
That sucks.
Cars are mean, and necessary.

This "ought" to make it to 250k before anything needs a major overhaul :
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/755578634/overview/

edit --- it occurs to me, that smog tests are probably harder to pass, when the smog is so bad, that the cars smog equipment can't handle all that extra smog.  Smog.  It double sucks too.

edit #2 , uh yeah, hope for a Happy Thanksgiving folks.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 04:49:37 PM by awaken_D_M_golem »

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 22, 2018, 03:18:00 AM »
That sucks.
Cars are mean, and necessary.

Seeing how said car is also my home? Yeah, I'd call it pretty f'ing necessary.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 16, 2018, 01:03:15 AM »
So it's the end of the year and everyone has to reflect back on things and create top ten charts. And one of the things about them is it just bugs the hell out of me how often Black Panther appears on those lists and how people think Erik Killmonger is a good guy at heart or that he is about black rights. It should be no surprise that I, SorO_Lost, is more than happy to say: You are all wrong.

As Everett Ross (martin freemen, aka the white guy) explains Erik went to Afghanistan and racked up kills like it was a video game. He joined a ghost unit just so he could commit assassinations. And Erik him self started referring to him self as "Killmonger". A name that quite literally enforces this back story. A monger is a person who promotes a specified activity, situation, or feeling, especially one that is undesirable or discreditable. Such as killing which is unquestionably evil and Erik murdered them all without any actual regard for morality, but for his training.

Which according to the CIA, Erik specialized in government destabilization. This is overlooked because few few people can grasp this concept. But to topple a government your goal is to convince enough of the general population that the current government doesn’t deserve to exist and the house of cards crumbles. And this is exactly what Erik does with his so called opposition to Wakanda's isolation, that T'Challa's father was dishonorable, and for being a part of them then by extension T'Challa doesn't deserve to be king. The audience imprinted idea that he stands up for black rights isn't some kind of redeemable trait of his character, rather they have fallen prey to his tactical deceit.

He has no real racial motivation and he is not some kind of African freedom fighter. For example he claimed he killed his brothers and sisters which is taken by a dumbstruck audience to mean he killed other Africans. But remember he did tours in Afghanistan & Iran and Islamics are not "black", they're white skinned. When he talks about arming Africians, he actually says he is going to arm his war dogs and they will arm the oppressed people. Wakanda's "war dogs" are their spies and it's direct and intentional parallel to Operation Cyclone which is where the USA's spy agency known as the CIA trained and equipped terrorists in Afghanistan to destabilize the Soviet influenced nation. Those oppressed people he's talking about isn't based on Africans, it just happens to include them because they are this charlatan's mark. The real goal is sort of copied after his father's idea that Wakanda should rule over everything, except Erik also plans to destroy Wakanda as part of his revenge.

Erik directly admits that all of his training, deceit, and murder has been for one thing. To kill T'Challa. And when T'Challa points out Erik's actions will destroy Wakanda, Erik simply yells at him that he is going to track down everyone who is loyal to T'Challa and kill them. This is his entire goal and motivation and it is to destroy everything T'Chaka had which is personified by T'Challa's hopes & home. And during the film we see him doing exactly that. He manipulates people and then executes them without any regard for loyalty. Once he becomes king he destroys the herb garden to secure his power. When T'Challa returns Erik rebukes the idea that the challenge is still ongoing citing he is king (and thus has the unchallenged right to rule) as he leads the Wakanda nation into a civil war. He doesn't aim to achieve any sort of moral goal. The man is an incarnate of chaos, he is bent on destroying Wakanda (and the world) by any means possible, such as his destabilization training has told him to, for revenge.

And it's subtle but the film even alludes to the fact that Erik is doomed to go to hell. When Erik participates in the black panther ritual he enters the panther's realm of an afterlife he goes to his old home and reverts to a child dreaming of an unseen land. N'Jobu appears asking for tears but Erik refuses to shed any and N'Jobu breaks down. He is clearly distraught with the man that Erik has came to be. N'Jobu remarks he should have taken Erik to Wakanda but instead they are both abandoned here. Audience members think here means Oakland California but N'Jobu wasn't abandoned in the USA. He was a War Dog that voluntarily took the assignment and maintained contact with Wakanda. N'Jobu was abandoned in the panther realm, in the afterlife, for betraying and killing his people with the intent to incite a war so his nation could rule the world. His insinuation that that Erik was abandoned as well had nothing to do with the living Wakanda people. And when Erik refuses to see that point arguing that N'Jobu's home is lost all N'Jobu can do is hang his head in shame. Further blaming him self for the helpless state his son has devolved to.

N'Jadaka, aka Erik Stevens, aka Killmonger is not a good guy. Stop trying to claim he is.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 09:48:41 AM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 16, 2018, 09:24:37 AM »
You know, it's weird I have to say this, but I've never been more glad to agree with you on something.

Would you mind if I copied this text and showed it to a few friends of mine?

Give me internets. Now.