Author Topic: Illurien  (Read 18394 times)

Offline TiaC

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Is this to be?
    • View Profile
Re: Illurien
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2014, 02:27:48 AM »
Do the tempest techniques that boost damage also deal Int damage?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2014, 04:48:36 PM »
Yes as long as the Tempest Lash is used, but the Int damage itself isn't boosted.

Offline TiaC

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Is this to be?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2014, 03:31:35 AM »
Ok, so these techniques result in a mix of untyped HP damage and Int damage then?

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2014, 01:11:29 PM »
You deal damage dealt by the Tempest Techniques and add the damage of the tempest lash when the technique requires a tempest lash hit. Since it works as a dagger, the tempest lash itself deals Piercing or Slashing damage + Int damage.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2014, 07:01:05 PM »
What Anomander said.

Offline SultanAzathoth

• Lurker
  • Mad Piper
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2014, 11:10:05 PM »
Pointed Knowledge: At 6th level the Illurien understands all languages, and she instantly knows facts about creatures she speaks to telepathically, such as their age, where they were born, and the important events of their life.

This also allows the Illurien, as an Immediate action, to add her Int mod to any single Save, attack roll, damage roll, ability check or skill check against any creature inside her telepathy range. The decision to use this ability must be made before the roll.

Just wanted to ask this for clarification purposes, but when you say "any single save, attack roll, etcetera", do you mean this ability can be used to add her intelligence mod to one of the aforementioned rolls once per round?

Also, is the save against Tempest Lash's intelligence damage a Will save?  It doesn't seem to say.  Is the Intelligence damage multiplied on a critical hit?

Can the Sacred Planar Lash technique grant higher than a +5 enhancement bonus?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 12:54:33 PM by SultanAzathoth »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2014, 05:50:21 PM »
Pointed Knowledge: At 6th level the Illurien understands all languages, and she instantly knows facts about creatures she speaks to telepathically, such as their age, where they were born, and the important events of their life.

This also allows the Illurien, as an Immediate action, to add her Int mod to any single Save, attack roll, damage roll, ability check or skill check against any creature inside her telepathy range. The decision to use this ability must be made before the roll.

Just wanted to ask this for clarification purposes, but when you say "any single save, attack roll, etcetera", do you mean this ability can be used to add her intelligence mod to one of the aforementioned rolls once per round?
Yes.

Also, is the save against Tempest Lash's intelligence damage a Will save?  It doesn't seem to say.  Is the Intelligence damage multiplied on a critical hit?
Clarified and yes.

Can the Sacred Planar Lash technique grant higher than a +5 enhancement bonus?
Yes.

Also fixed broken image.

Offline RegalKain

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2018, 02:16:46 AM »
I was curious Osle, if you'd be kind enough to clarify something for myself and a player. It concerns Origin Focus.

Origin Focus: As a standard action make an attack with your Tempest Lash. Instead of the normal base damage, roll a knowledge check whitout any other combat modifiers. The target takes damage equal to the check and you learn one of the following things about them for every 4 ranks you have in Knowledge.

If he has an 18 modifier say Knowledge Arcana (In otherwords he rolls a 1d20+18 ) First, does he add int to it? (I said yes, but it says no combat modifiers and he is under the assumption that Int is kind of a combat modifier for Illurien) we'd like to clarify that. Secondly if he rolls a 10, he deals 28 points of damage how I'm reading it, but nothing else (Damage wise.) Can this damage crit if the attack roll crits? In other words is the damage multiplied by 2? Also, to further clarify something. This line of Tempest Lash:

Several of those mention your ranks in Knowledge, which correspond to the ranks in your highest Knowledge skill.  For every other maxed Knowledge skill you have, you can count your number of ranks as 1 higher for Tempest Technique purposes. Each can be used every 1d4 rounds, and they're all supernatural abilities.

If the character in question, has every knowledge skill maxed (For us in Pathfinder it's 9 other Knowledge skills) does that +1 add to the damage of the Knowledge Check? (I leaned to no, because the damage check doesn't initially call for "Ranks" in Knowledge.) So in the previous example, that he rolled a 10, would he deal 28 damage, or 37? (10+18+9 or not basically) It only effects the second part of Origin Focus concerning every 4 ranks for more information correct?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2018, 04:02:41 AM »
I was curious Osle, if you'd be kind enough to clarify something for myself and a player. It concerns Origin Focus.

Origin Focus: As a standard action make an attack with your Tempest Lash. Instead of the normal base damage, roll a knowledge check whitout any other combat modifiers. The target takes damage equal to the check and you learn one of the following things about them for every 4 ranks you have in Knowledge.

If he has an 18 modifier say Knowledge Arcana (In otherwords he rolls a 1d20+18 ) First, does he add int to it? (I said yes, but it says no combat modifiers and he is under the assumption that Int is kind of a combat modifier for Illurien) we'd like to clarify that.
They would add Int as part of Int being the key stat for Knowledge checks, but not from other abilities that allow you to use Int for combat.

Secondly if he rolls a 10, he deals 28 points of damage how I'm reading it, but nothing else (Damage wise.)
Correct.

Can this damage crit if the attack roll crits? In other words is the damage multiplied by 2?
Yes.

Also, to further clarify something. This line of Tempest Lash:

Several of those mention your ranks in Knowledge, which correspond to the ranks in your highest Knowledge skill.  For every other maxed Knowledge skill you have, you can count your number of ranks as 1 higher for Tempest Technique purposes. Each can be used every 1d4 rounds, and they're all supernatural abilities.

If the character in question, has every knowledge skill maxed (For us in Pathfinder it's 9 other Knowledge skills) does that +1 add to the damage of the Knowledge Check? (I leaned to no, because the damage check doesn't initially call for "Ranks" in Knowledge.) So in the previous example, that he rolled a 10, would he deal 28 damage, or 37? (10+18+9 or not basically) It only effects the second part of Origin Focus concerning every 4 ranks for more information correct?
The stacking would only work for abilities that specifically call for the number of your ranks, not actual Knowledge checks (so 28 damage still), but would indeed benefit the second part of Origin Focus.

Offline RegalKain

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2018, 01:29:15 AM »

If he has an 18 modifier say Knowledge Arcana (In otherwords he rolls a 1d20+18 ) First, does he add int to it? (I said yes, but it says no combat modifiers and he is under the assumption that Int is kind of a combat modifier for Illurien) we'd like to clarify that.
They would add Int as part of Int being the key stat for Knowledge checks, but not from other abilities that allow you to use Int for combat.

Secondly if he rolls a 10, he deals 28 points of damage how I'm reading it, but nothing else (Damage wise.)
Correct.

Can this damage crit if the attack roll crits? In other words is the damage multiplied by 2?
Yes.

Also, to further clarify something. This line of Tempest Lash:

The stacking would only work for abilities that specifically call for the number of your ranks, not actual Knowledge checks (so 28 damage still), but would indeed benefit the second part of Origin Focus.

Appreciate the reply Osle, I'll let him know to read the reply. That's how I thought it worked but, we weren't agreeing on the wording and wanted you to weigh in, so again thanks.