Weapons and Armor Proficiency: Gains proficiency with all Bows (including exotic bows), Atlatl, Bolas, Clubs, Daggers, Darts, Javelins, Shortspears, Spears, Tridents, and no armor.Ability Score Improvement:
The Arrow Demon gets a +1 to Dex at odd levels, a +1 to Con at even levels, and a +1 to Con at level 7 for a total of +4 Dex and +4 Con at level 7.Resistance:
The Arrow demon has Resistance to Acid, Cold, and Electricity equal to its HD. It becomes immune to Electricity at 10 HD.Arrow Works (Ex):
Arrow Demons can feed from the blood of its minions or even itself to make more arrows.
As a part of a ranged attack action, it may sacrifice 1 HP of itself or a minion (summoned or not) within 120' to produce an arrow of blood for each bow it will fire from with this attack action. At 1st level, these arrows act as Masterwork Arrows, but are otherwise mundane.
At 4th level, the Arrow Demon may sacrifice an additional 1 HP (2) and the arrow acts as if it's also alchemical silver or Cold Iron.
At 7th level, the Arrow Demon may sacrifice an additional 1 HP (3) and the arrows gain an alignment of its choosing.
At 10th level, the Arrow Demon may sacrifice 6 HP and the arrows gain all of the previous possible benefits and also count as Adamantine.Fiendish Archer (Ex):
Arrow Demons use their Dexterity bonus to hit and for damage rolls with all bow attacks; this does not stack with other feats or abilities that add Dex to attack or damage with ranged attacks.Symmetrical Archery (Ex):
The arrow demon, with its four arms, has an amazing ability to wield two bows at once and in unison. Any time the arrow demon could make a single attack action with a bow, it can instead attack with both of its bows, at –2 to all its attack rolls that round. For example, when making an attack action, an arrow demon can fire one arrow from each bow at its normal attack bonus minus 2, and when making a full-attack action, it can fire one arrow from each bow for each of its normal iterative attacks (two arrows from each bow, each shaft at a –2 penalty). The arrow demon takes no additional penalties for using multiple weapons as long as it is using only bows.
At 4th level and again at 7th, this penalty decreases by 1.
This ability does not stack with Volley, Rapid Shot or any other archery feats that increase the number of attacks it can make.
If an arrow demon gains extra arms (say an additional 2 arms), and wants to wield more bows, it accrues penalties for fighting with multiple weapons like normal.Combat Archery (Ex):
From 2nd level onwards, An arrow demon does not incur attacks of opportunity for firing a bow while threatened. In addition, the arrow demon can shoot its bows to make attacks of opportunity as if it threatened the squares adjacent to it with its bows.Uncanny Dodge (Ex):
Beginning at 2nd level, the Arrow Demon can react to danger before their senses would normally allow them to do so. They retain their Dexterity bonus to AC even if caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker. However, they still lose their Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized. If it already has Uncanny Dodge, then it gains Improved Uncanny Dodge instead.Summon Fiends (Sp)
: An Arrow Demon is rarely without support
Beginning at level 2, it can summon monsters 3/day from the list below; otherwise it functions like the spell Summon Monster I, and the ability grows as appropriate for its total HD. The Arrow Demon's caster level is equal to its HD.
Many monsters use the Fiendish
Arrows from Hell:
- Level 2: (SMI) Fiendish Small Monstrous Spider,
- Level 4: (SMII) Lemure, Fiendish monstrous spider, med (MM), Kaorti (FF)
- Level 6: (SMIII) Death Dog (FF 42-42), Fiendish Monstrous Centipede, Huge (MM), Imp (MM)
- Level 8: (SMIV) Fiendish Dire Wolf (MM), Fiendish Voor (MM IV 193), Howler (MM)
- Level 10: (SMV) Energon (PlH), Erinyes (MM), Fiendish Dire Boar (MM)
- Level 12: (SMVI) Aartiglith Demon (Gw), Fiendish Snake, Giant Constrictor (MM), Yugoloth, Corruptor of Fate (MM4)
- Level 14: (SMVII) Elemental, Huge (MM), Yugoloth, Piscoloth (FF)
- Level 16: (SMVIII) Gaspar (Planar Handbook), Fiendish Monstrous Centipede, Colossal (MM), Vrock (MM)
- Level 18: (SMIX) Demon, Adaru (MM5), Demon, Bebilith (MM), Elemental, Elder (MM) Storm Elemental, Greater (MM3)
FF: Fiend Folio
MM #: Monster Manual #
PlH: Planar Handbook
At 3 HD and every 2 HD onwards (5, 7, 9, etc) the Arrow Demon may choose a benefit to apply to arrows it fires from its bow or, if its bows are destroyed, any proficient weapons it throws.
Oversized Weapons (Ex):
- Accuracy (Ex): It may ignore 10% concealment per HD it has with ranged attacks. At 7 HD, the Arrow Demon also gains the Blind Fight feat.
- Enchant (Su): Arrows with an Enhancement bonus of +2 or higher may have part of the bonus from its arrows swapped for an equivalent enchantment, but must keep at least a +1 enhancement bonus. (Thus, a +2 arrow may become a +1 Flaming arrow; a +3 arrow may become a +1 Phasing arrow, etc). This ability may only be chosen at level 5 and above.
Enchantments must be chosen as a Move Action; this enchantment (or set thereof) will apply to all arrows until another Move Action is taken to change them.
- Force (Su): All Arrows shot by the Arrow Demon are considered Force Arrows (MiC 35). This ability may only be chosen at level 9 and above, and requires either Magic or Implacable as prerequisites.
- Implacable (Ex): Ranged Attacks made by the Arrow Demon ignore wind and magical wind effects such as Wind Wall and Hurricane.
- Magic (Su): Arrows shot by the Arrow Demon gain a +1 Enhancement bonus per 3 HD it has. This Enhancement bonus to arrows stacks with other like bonuses, such as from the Soulbow or the Arcane Archer's Enhancement bonus to arrows, but it cannot increase this bonus higher than +5 before it reaches 21 HD.
- Power (Ex): The Arrow Demon may treats its bow as a Composite up to a +10 bonus.
- Strength (Ex): The Arrow Demon gets a +2 bonus to Strength. This ability may be chosen multiple times.
Beginning at 3rd level, the Arrow Demons can use bows of any kind that are up to one size larger than their size would allow without penalty.Dimension Door (Sp):
At 5th level the Arrow Demon gains the ability to use Dimension Door
as a Spell-like Ability, and may carry up to 200# of objects only. At 11 HD, the Arrow Demon can use this ability 1/day as a Swift Action. At 17 HD, it can use the ability 1/day as a Free Action.
Its Caster Level is equal to its HD.Spell Resistance (Ex):
At 6th level the Arrow Demon gains Spell Resistance equal to 12+its HD. This ability may be deactivated or re-activated as a free action, as desired.Volley (Ex):
When the Arrow Demon reaches 6th level, it gains incredible speed and accuracy. When it makes a full-round attack with ranged weapons, it gains a single extra attack at its highest BaB. Furthermore, all iterative attacks with a bow are made at a -5 attack penalty. Thus, at level 11, the Arrow Demon could make 7 attacks at (+11 | +11/+11/+6/+6/+(6)/+(6) ) BaB.
This ability does not stack with Symmetrical Archery, Rapid Shot or any other archery feats that increase the number of attacks it can make.Telepathy (Su):
At the apex of its growth, the Arrow Demon gains Telepathy out to 100'+10'/HD. Unlike normal telepathy, this ability only functions if the Arrow Demon can perceive the recipient through other means. (They must be able to see, or hear the target or otherwise know it is there.) However it may choose to use it's telepathy over it's entire available range as a sort of broadcast. This allows it's thoughts to be heard by any creature in range, though the Arrow Demon cannot use this to determine if there is a creature in range.