Author Topic: Circle Master [PrC]  (Read 3042 times)

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
Circle Master [PrC]
« on: December 03, 2011, 04:18:38 PM »
Circle Master

Requirements
Skills: Knowledge (Arcana) 15 ranks or Knowledge (Religion) 15 ranks, Spellcraft 15 ranks
Feats: Ritual Shorthand
Special: Ability to cast a greater ritual; knowledge of 5 Circle or Zone rituals.

HD: d8

Level   BAB   Fort   Ref   Will   SpecialRitual casting
1+0+0+0+2Circle focus+1 level of existing class
2+1+0+0+3Area boost+1 level of existing class
3+1+1+1+3Walk the edge+1 level of existing class
4+2+1+1+4Ritual casting (advanced)   +1 level of existing class
5+2+1+1+4Circle jump, perfect self+1 level of existing class

Skills: The Circle Walker's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Profession (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int).
Skill points per level: 2 + Int

Class Features

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: You gain no new proficiency in weapons, armor, or shields.

Ritual casting:  At each level, you gain an increase in caster level, number of simultaneous charged rituals, and rituals known as if you gained a level in a ritual casting class you had levels in before entering this prestige class.  You do not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained, such as access to new ritual strengths or other class features.  If you have levels in more than one ritual-casting class, you must choose which class to apply these levels to for the increases described above.
   At 4th level, you learn to cast advanced rituals, and learn all the advanced rituals on your Circle Master list.  You cannot cast an advanced ritual unless you have at least one more each least ritual, lesser ritual, and greater ritual than advanced rituals already charged than .  For example, a 4th-level circle master with one each least, lesser, greater, and advanced rituals charged could not cast another advanced ritual until she cast at least one more least, lesser, and greater ritual each.

Circle focus: Upon entering the Circle Master class, you give up your ability to cast rituals from other class lists, limiting yourself to general rituals and the rituals on the Circle Master class list.  However, whenever you cast a ritual from your Circle Master class list, your caster level for the ritual and the DC to resist the effects of the ritual (if any) each increase by 1 per class level.

Area boost: At 2nd level, the numeric measurements of all your circle and zone rituals' area increases by 100%.

Walk the edge: Beginning at 3rd level, you develop an uncanny knack for being outside areas of effect.  This ability works like the improved evasion special ability, except that it functions no matter what type of armor you wear.

Circle jump: At 5th level, you learn to cast a special ritual that gives you incredible mobility.  You can cast this advanced ritual any number of times per day, but you can only have one casting of it charged at any given time.  Unlike other rituals, this ritual remains charged until it is discharged, and does not go away after 24 hours.  When you discharge the ritual, you and objects or willing creatures that you touch are instantly teleported to the exact location where you cast the ritual, as the greater teleport spell, except that you can use this ritual for interplanar travel.  There is no limit on distance, but any effect that blocks teleportation or interplanar travel prevents you from discharging the ritual.

Perfect self: When you reach 5th level, your body changes to emulate the perfection of a circle.  Your type changes to outsider, your Charisma increases by 2 points, and you gain damage reduction 5/--.  Unlike other outsiders, you can still be brought back from the dead as if you were a member of your previous creature type.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 01:40:44 PM by FireInTheSky »
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Prestige Class: Circle Master
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 04:39:11 PM »
Circle Master Ritual List

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 09:34:48 AM by sirpercival »

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 04:39:52 PM »
reserved
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:27:28 AM by sirpercival »

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 04:40:55 PM »
reserved
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:27:38 AM by sirpercival »

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 04:41:47 PM »
reserved
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:27:48 AM by sirpercival »

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 04:42:32 PM »
reserved
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:27:59 AM by sirpercival »

Offline Garryl

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 04:46:01 PM »
Prerequisites are unclear regarding rituals. Seems to imply that you must know 5 Circles/Zones of greater strength. I think the intent is 5 circles/zones period, with at least one ritual (any) of greater.

Ritual Casting leaves a sentence unfinished in the second paragraph, talking about what rituals you need charged before charging an advanced ritual.

Area boost is unclear about how it modifies areas. See Widen Spell for a good way to do it.

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 05:11:34 PM »
OK, I'll edit the prereqs and Area Boost.  The ritual casting thing is going to be completely redone as per the repost on GitP (I'm going to back-edit stuff to the new terminology and wording that I cleaned up during the move).