Gaming Discussion > D&D 3.5 and Pathfinder

Lightning Ricochet + Lion Totem Charge. How does it work?

(1/2) > >>

Ryshin:
Pounce lets you make a full attack after charging.  Could you use the first attack to hit the guy you charged, then use Lightning Ricochet to throw your weapon at someone else entirely for the rest of your full attack, still gaining the bonuses from charging? 
Taking it a step further, do you even have to attack the person you charged?  Could you charge an ally (gaining the +2 to hit and any other bonuses you're entitled to), then just... attack someone else instead?

Plus does the attacks and the "secondary target" get the multiplier power attack bonus from leap attack if i'm in a position to threaten him since the bloodstorm blade gives me the ability to treat thrown attacks as melee attacks?

And generally (let's say i'm a 20lvl barbarian with no bloodstorm blade levels) if i make a charge with pounce and kill the primary target and he dies can i use the remainings attacks on an adiacent target if of course i'm in a position to hit him without moving?

Lightning Ricochet (Ex): From 4th level on, you can throw your weapon at a nearby foe and command it to immediately bounce back to your grasp. Any time you make a ranged attack with a thrown weapon on your turn, the weapon immediately returns to you, and you can catch it as a free action. This ability allows you to make a full attack entirely with thrown weapon attacks, or with a mix of thrown and melee attacks.

PS. Instead of creating a new one I changed the topic title and modified my 1st post since the initial question about blood wind ricochet + pounce charge was answered.

linklord231:
No.  Both are full-round actions, and neither modifies the other.

Ryshin:

--- Quote from: linklord231 on May 03, 2018, 02:40:59 PM ---No.  Both are full-round actions, and neither modifies the other.

--- End quote ---
Ok thanks. What about Lightning Ricochet? When i get my weapon back can i throw it at a different target or always at the same one?

Lightning Ricochet (Ex): From 4th level on, you can throw your weapon at a nearby foe and command it to immediately bounce back to your grasp. Any time you make a ranged attack with a thrown weapon on your turn, the weapon immediately returns to you, and you can catch it as a free action. This ability allows you to make a full attack entirely with thrown weapon attacks, or with a mix of thrown and melee attacks.

snakeman830:

--- Quote from: Ryshin on May 03, 2018, 03:46:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: linklord231 on May 03, 2018, 02:40:59 PM ---No.  Both are full-round actions, and neither modifies the other.

--- End quote ---
Ok thanks. What about Lightning Ricochet? When i get my weapon back can i throw it at a different target or always at the same one?

--- End quote ---
Lightning Ricochet can be used to split your attacks as you desire as normal with a full attack.  All it really changes from a normal thrown weapon full attack is that you can use the same weapon for all of it.

Ryshin:

--- Quote ---Lightning Ricochet can be used to split your attacks as you desire as normal with a full attack.  All it really changes from a normal thrown weapon full attack is that you can use the same weapon for all of it.

--- End quote ---

Ok so if i make a charge against a target and get bonus attacks because of lion totem and he dies after the 1st attack can i use Lightning Ricochet to throw my weapon at another target hitting him with the remainings attacks? Does these attacks get the multiplier power attack bonus from leap attack if i'm in a position to threaten him since the bloodstorm blade gives me the ability to treat thrown attacks as melee attacks?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version