Author Topic: Great General Discussion and Suggestions II-Z  (Read 147 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Great General Discussion and Suggestions II-Z
« on: May 11, 2018, 08:22:06 PM »
New thread for general discussion and suggestions for Super Robot Wars d20 material since the old one got too big.

Offline CKirk

• Something something optimization.
    • View Profile
Re: Great General Discussion and Suggestions II-Z
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 12:35:03 PM »
With the change to conscience spirit, is it intended that you can only use the cost reduction with out of class spirits? As it stands, all possible targets (except Revival) are Ship Captain, but Conscience Androids are Supers

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 05:05:19 PM »
Conscience Android only counts as a super for mecha progression, not for spirits.

Anyway yeah half price is still a huge discount, so even with a 20% extra it's still a big saving.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 07:47:11 PM »
Here's the list, actually. Still lots of options.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 08:14:05 PM by Anomander »

Offline CKirk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 07:54:35 PM »
Here's the list, actually. Still lots of options.

(click to show/hide)
Cloak only targets your own mech, so that's a no-go
Disturbance is a no go because you only get the discount when targeting your partner.
Invincibility is self only, so still no-go
Mercy doesn't target your partner, so nope
Prayer is self only
Provoke doesn't target partner
Scan doesn't target partner
Taunt doesn't target partner.

But fair enough, there were more than I remembered. That said, my claim was under the (mistaken) assumption that being a Conscience Android meant you were locked into Super spirits if you didn't want to pay 20% extra, so it's moot.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 08:13:52 PM »
Cloak affects enemies. They can no longer attack your mecha. Similar to how Provoke forces an enemy into attacking you if anything.
Disturbance affects you and your allies. To work with the discount it must not only be able affect you or your mecha. Even effects that can target another can be used on yourself provided that it could also have been used on someone else.
Invincibility wasn't meant to be there.
Mercy, as said, it feels like it qualifies but might not. It affects your next attack so it feels like a self buff much like other 'next attack' spirits do, but this one's actual result is a status effect on enemies. So I'm not sure.
Prayer, as said, is situational. Circumstance being if you are also a pilot in a combined mecha. If that's actually possible.
Provoke/Scan/Taunt - Not sure what makes you believe it has to affect only your partner to get the discount.

Thought afterward that I probably should have left the pilot class tag. That would have been more pertinent to your issue for reference.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 08:15:47 PM by Anomander »

Offline CKirk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 08:17:07 PM »
Cloak affects enemies. They can no longer attack your mecha. Similar to how Provoke forces an enemy into attacking you if anything.
Disturbance affects you and your allies. To work with the discount it must not only be able affect you or your mecha. Even effects that can target another can be used on yourself provided that it could also have been used on someone else.
Invincibility wasn't meant to be there.
Mercy, as said, it feels like it qualifies but might not. It affects your next attack so it feels like a self buff much like other 'next attack' spirits do, but this one's actual result is a status effect on enemies. So I'm not sure.
Prayer, as said, is situational. Circumstance being if you are also a pilot in a combined mecha. If that's actually possible.
Provoke/Scan/Taunt - Not sure what makes you believe it has to affect only your partner to get the discount.

Thought afterward that I probably should have left the pilot class tag. That would have been more pertinent to your issue for reference.

Conscience Spirit: At 4th, 7th and 9th level the Conscience Android learns a new Spirit. It only costs half spirit to use if used while adjacent or piloting the same mecha as her Conscience companion and targeting either of them. Spirits that can only affect you or your mecha do not benefit from this.
This text (emphasis mine) specifies why the above doesn't work. That said, you are correct on Disturbance. I was still thinking of it as it appears in the video games (-50% hit chance on all enemies). My mistake. Also my mistake on Prayer. I missed the bit where it let you target allies in a combined mech.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 08:20:20 PM by CKirk »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2018, 09:02:34 PM »
Ah, correct. It must target either of them. My bad.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2018, 08:50:32 AM »
The complete translation for Super Robot Wars Gaiden-Masaki Lord of the Elementals was finished! For those of you who don't know, Masaki was the first original character of the franchise, although he only showed first in Super Robot Wars 2.

Interestingly enough it actually has somewhat more complex combat mechanics than later titles like facing actually matters. Nice music too.

And gotta love the plot start:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 08:52:29 AM by oslecamo »