Author Topic: Post templates wanted!  (Read 77825 times)

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
Re: Post templates wanted!
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2012, 03:02:33 PM »
we got something I can adapt for use as a weapons table?

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Disclaimer: not at full capacity yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2012, 04:52:07 PM »
You mean for a new weapon or something?

I'll see if I can't make one soon.  I'm currently working on re-writing the whole item system, including combat basics and stuff, so I'm gonna need one too.  What color should it be?

EDIT: Tonight I should be able to have it done.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 04:54:10 PM by dman11235 »
My Sig's Handy Haversack  Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2012, 11:27:19 PM »
omg i completely missed your reply!!!

Yeah I'll have a bunch of new weapons for the orient thread

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2012, 11:34:23 PM »
That's okay, I forgot it too.  But the question remains: what color should it be?  I'm thinking I only have black left, but I want it to be a color.  Unless you guys want it to be lime green or beige?
My Sig's Handy Haversack  Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2012, 01:21:35 PM »
I don't really care bout colors  :D

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2012, 11:35:28 AM »
You still working on this Dman?

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2012, 09:09:27 PM »
You never said a color!

Also I find it hard to keep track of new posts in stickied threads because I always look below them.....so I haven't payed attention to this in an obviously long time.  I haven't seen either of your last two posts....

ANYway.  I'm using just green, cause it's still an item.  As a bonus for the wait, I also did armor.

NOTE: Do not use values that are not a part of the weapon. So do not use range increment for melee weapons.  The damage listed is the amount of damage that weapon deal when used, so the damage listed for ammunition is the damage it deals in melee, and the damage listed for ranged weapons is the damage it deals when fired.
WEAPON NAME
Cost:
Weapon Type:
Damage:
Damage Type:
Critical:
Range Increment:
Weight:
descriptive text

Any additional information about the weapon goes here.  This includes things like the Trip bonus that trip weapons have, the Disarm bonus for whips, and information about ammunition.  This is where you indicate how much ammunition you get for the price listed.

NOTE: Do not use values that the armor or shield does not need, so for example do not use Shield Type for armor and Armor Type for shields.
ARMOR/SHIELD NAME
Cost:
Armor Type:
Shield Type:
Armor Bonus
Shield Bonus:
Max Dex Bonus:
Armor Check Penalty:
Weight:
Descriptive Text

Put any additional information here.  This is for things like extra defensive features, restrictions on the armor, etc.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2012, 07:52:21 PM »
Yays!

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2012, 04:39:30 PM »
Prime, could you please add my vertical table components (see replies #10 through #22) to the drop-down menu list? It would be great not to have to look back here every time I want to use one of those templates. You don't necessarily have to do all of them, but the table shell (#22), and the standard base class columns (#10) would be great.

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
  • "Insight is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2012, 10:01:35 PM »
Prime, could you please add my vertical table components (see replies #10 through #22) to the drop-down menu list? It would be great not to have to look back here every time I want to use one of those templates. You don't necessarily have to do all of them, but the table shell (#22), and the standard base class columns (#10) would be great.

Seconded!

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2012, 10:07:39 PM »
Also my character sheet?  (Or any really but mine is the best.   :P)

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2012, 11:05:19 PM »
Is there a way to make a weapons table similar to the PHB?

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2012, 11:29:10 PM »
I actually was going to, but then decided that it looked terrible, which was the first and most significant reason.  When I eventually go through everything again, I'm going to make one, but I'm keeping weapons to be chart-less.  Basically, each category will have a section on a chart, but individual weapons will have an entry, but not on the chart.  Each weapon will reference a base type (1-handed slashing, or 2-handed slashing and bludgeoning, that sort of thing), the base types will be on the chart, but the weapons, and any new ones, will be modified base types.  That was the second reason I didn't make a chart.  The third was because it would be hard.  I mean, how do I do a freaking chart as a template?  I can put charts IN templates easily, but making a chart as a template?  A 1-line chart?

I can make one if you want, it's just...not necessary in my opinion.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2012, 11:40:52 PM »
Is there a way to make a weapons table similar to the PHB?

I have a few tables in here.  Are they the kind of thing you're looking for?
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2012, 12:06:35 AM »
They might be adaptable yes.  I have a metric ton of stuff to do in the Japan thread,

Offline Bauglir

• Constrained
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2012, 11:39:43 AM »
In an act of minor necromancy, I'd like to ask if it'd be possible for a brief tutorial explaining exactly what each tag does, having missed the generation of the system entirely. Vertical tables seem like a handy trick, but might not work for what I have in mind, though I can probably just steal the code used to convert dman's table from vertical to standard a page back.

EDIT: I know it's possible to figure things out from the examples linked at the beginning of the thread, but I'm not sure what features have been implemented since, or if I'm correctly deducing the meaning of various tags from their use. It'd be nice to have straightforward definitions, if that's possible.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 11:44:09 AM by Bauglir »

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2012, 12:39:24 PM »
Actually, I think we need a tutorial on how ALL of the tags work.  Most would be simple, and then the tables would be the only thing I can think of that get incredibly complex.  This tutorial would serve as a board wide collection of how to use the, well, boards.  I'm pretty sure just about anyone who's been here for a bit can tackle the majority of it, but the tables, I think Garryl needs to do that one.

I might be able to tackle this this weekend, but I don't know all of the code, so there would have to be some collaboration.  And emphasis on "might".

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2012, 12:43:00 PM »
Actually, I think we need a tutorial on how ALL of the tags work.  Most would be simple, and then the tables would be the only thing I can think of that get incredibly complex.  This tutorial would serve as a board wide collection of how to use the, well, boards.  I'm pretty sure just about anyone who's been here for a bit can tackle the majority of it, but the tables, I think Garryl needs to do that one.

I might be able to tackle this this weekend, but I don't know all of the code, so there would have to be some collaboration.  And emphasis on "might".

I could do the tables, and some of the other tags...
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Inuyasha

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • My player homebrew blog, with races spells magic items n classes
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2013, 03:50:22 PM »
In an act of necromancy, can someone implement templates for spellcasting PrCs and Base classes?
I take requests for homebrews and stuff, im good with monsters, races, templates, & spells

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
  • "Insight is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2013, 02:29:17 PM »
In an act of necromancy, can someone implement templates for spellcasting PrCs and Base classes?

For tables, check out Garryl's posts earlier in this thread, starting here. One thing to note (which Prime32 does here) is that using [table2=collapse] makes the ugly borders between vertical tables go away.