Author Topic: The Long Road to Glory  (Read 94629 times)

Offline kevin video

• Legendary Member
  • Hail to the King baby!
    • View Profile
Re: The Long Road to Glory
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012, 07:33:36 PM »
Artur sheathed his sword, and did a slight bow.

"You need not call me Sir Knight, friend. I am Artur Draak. Behind me is my valiant steed, Olwen."
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Offline ShadowViper

• Don't go looking for snakes, you might find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2012, 08:41:19 PM »
In a single fluid motion, the blood is flicked free from Dolard and the Katana is returned to it's sheath. Turning to the young woman.

"Are yeh okay lass?" he asks before joining in on the introductions.

"I be Nalbin Stoneblade" Giving a short bow before turning his attention back to the felled cloaked figure and awaiting news of his condition or any discovered information.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

Offline Shiki

• Mindraped
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2012, 09:48:33 PM »
Claire replies on the same tone as before to Nalbin as she smiles: "I am. You have my thanks, humm, Master.. Stoneblade?"

She turns a bit just so she can see the little group clearly. Putting her hands together and lowering her head a little, on a lower tone she continues on with: "Oh, but where are my manners... I am called Claire, hum... Lady Claire, hum.. of Embers.. Harmonious Knightess.." On this last note, she swiftly check up on the agonizing man and the people around, stressed.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2012, 10:19:25 PM »
Alth stood up and bowed shortly to each of them.

"I am Alth.  Lady Claire, I wish I could say I knew this man would pull through but my experience with healing is too limited to make any sort of call.  I found nothing on his person besides the obvious.

He knelt back down beside the dying man to study the obvious.  A black cloak?  Brown or grey would have been better.

(Anything in italics is him talking/thinking to himself.  I guess I should refrain from adding in information like that.  lol)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 03:03:32 AM by Jackinthegreen »

Offline SleepyShadow

• Honorary Mod
  • I should've seen that coming
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2012, 11:47:52 PM »
The two guards meander over to the site, seeming to be only mildly interested in the event. The man in the hood was a half-elf with dark brown hair, but nothing of value or identification save for the silver short sword he wielded. (Search failed) Alth was also unable to stop the man's bleeding. (Heal failed)

"Doesn't look familiar to me," one guard says to the other.

"Just some thug I guess," the other replies, shrugging his shoulders.

So what do you do?

Offline Shiki

• Mindraped
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2012, 12:19:34 AM »
"But.. we can't let someone die in the middle of the street like this..." says Claire, although what she is saying is barely audible; only people next to her would hear her. She takes a deep breath, and starts singing with a surprisingly strong, yet soft, voice.

Perform (sing) 1d20+8 : 6 + 8, total 14

In rhymes, she sings words of life and love, words of sympathy and carefulness, words of happiness and peace.

Offline ShadowViper

• Don't go looking for snakes, you might find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2012, 01:29:17 AM »
"Nalbin will be jus' fine Lady Claire" He says with a smile, though the only evidence of that being the upward twitching of his long red beard where the corners of his mouth would be.

"Do yeh know of anyone tha' wish yeh harm Lady Claire? I be havin' trouble believin' he's jus' a random thug"
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

Offline kevin video

• Legendary Member
  • Hail to the King baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2012, 02:38:34 AM »
Artur bent down, and looked at the dying half-elf. Taking the silver dagger, he examined it.

"Alth, was it? I agree that a different coloured cloak would have been a better idea, but then again so would a steel dagger be more effective. Silver's soft. Unless you're as strong as an ogre, or plan on fighting a werewolf or vampire, this thing's all but useless."

Lightly tapping on the cloaked figure's cheeks, Artur tried to get the would-be attacker to come around, even if for a few seconds.

"There's nothing we can do for you. At least tell us why you have this silver dagger, and what your motivations were before you pass on to the next life so your conscience can be clear. I may already know the answer, but I'd like to hear it from you with your last breath."

Offline SleepyShadow

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2012, 04:43:53 AM »
"Silver ... draws them out ..." the dying half-elf chokes out, rousing momentarily by Artur's prodding. "I ... had to ... I ..."

The man's frame shudders as he draws his last breath, and he perishes. The guards seem more interested in Claire's singing than the man's death, and do not seem to have noticed his passing.

Offline kevin video

• Legendary Member
  • Hail to the King baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2012, 04:50:55 AM »
Artur sighed, and made sure that the half-elf's eyes were closed, before pulling the hood over the elf's face. Doing a quick and quiet prayer, Artur started to get up. Mulling over what the fell being, he turned to others who'd brought him down successfully.

"'Silver bring them out',"he repeated. "Do you make any sense of what he said?" Artur's voice trailed a bit, his curiosity getting the better of him as he noticed Claire's singing. He wasn't going to stop her, but he was interested in why she was doing this in the middle of everyone.

Offline lans

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2012, 06:28:09 PM »
We could  check with the church, to see if they know anything

Offline Shiki

• Mindraped
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2012, 10:37:56 PM »
As the man dies slowly, so does Claire's voice, and she finally stops singing; the last words she sings are: ".. Everyone can change for good.". She sighs and then she turns to Nalbin: "Mr. Nalbin, I share your thoughts on this case, but I do not recall nor can I think of anyone specifically who would want me dead."

As she talks, she notices the halfling who just spoke next to her. She diverts her attention to him and says: "I do agree with consulting the church, but could you please introduce yourself, Mr. ...?"

Offline lans

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2012, 10:17:22 AM »
*Extends hand*

Alton, I came over hear when I saw the commotion.

Offline SleepyShadow

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2012, 02:23:03 PM »
The two city guards pick up the man's corpse and carry it between them, eager to dispose of it or at least move it out of the middle of the street. As they carry him away, a tiny glittering object falls from his hand and into the street. The guards seem oblivious to it and carry the man away.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2012, 04:18:23 PM »
Alth stepped away to let the guards carry the half-elf off.  When the trinket fell he shook his head at his own ineptitude at searching the man, and picked it up to examine it.

Appraise check 1d20+3=22

Offline SleepyShadow

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2012, 06:01:06 PM »
The simple brass key is likely not worth much itself, (Appraise success: 5 gp value) but whatever it unlocks could be worth far more.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2012, 06:17:26 PM »
Alth turned to the others, bowing to the newcomer.

"Hello Alton.  I'm Alth."

He then motioned for the group to circle around, and held out the key.

"If we find out where that man has been, it's likely we'll find what this key unlocks.  Artur, perhaps you could ask around?  You seem to have a knack for gathering information."

Offline Shiki

• Mindraped
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2012, 07:17:02 PM »
Now a bit hesitant although seemingly pushed by curiousity, Claire continues on: "Mr. Alton, so..? Yes, an unfortunate event, indeed... Humm.. I am Claire.. Lady Claire of Embers.. Uhmm, anyhow, I was in the midst of an investigation.. on the disappearance of Toran McGraham, the renouned historical archivist. Would any of you, by any chance, know anything more than what is already common knowledge in town?"

Offline kevin video

• Legendary Member
  • Hail to the King baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2012, 07:33:21 PM »
Artur gestures to Alton. "I am Artur Draak, sir. Good to make your acquaintance."

Looking at the key that Alth was showing to everyone, Artur awkwardly laughs at the suggestion. "I guess I could. To be honest, I think I caught those guys on a good day. I'll see what I can do though. Unfortunately, I can't make any promises. Nothing ventured, nothing gain, however."

Looking at Claire, he tried to answer her question. "I too have been looking into his disappearance. I had only just started today so I don't have much of anything to tell at the moment. All I can really say is that there's rumours going around that a female spellscale did it, but there are those that don't believe that to be the case. Others say it's the ruins that he had discovered. Perhaps a curse for disturbing a tomb within the catacombs of the ruins, or something? Honestly don't know."

Artur walked past the group to his steed, Olwen, and hoisted himself up on to the saddle. Slowly riding back in the direction from where the half-elf came from, asking people if they had noticed from where he had originally heralded from.

(click to show/hide)

Offline SleepyShadow

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2012, 07:53:38 PM »
One of the townsfolk informs Artur that the half-elf might have come from the southern part of town. Unfortunately, that seems to be the extent of information the knight is able to learn.