Author Topic: The Long Road to Glory  (Read 94759 times)

Offline kevin video

• Legendary Member
  • Hail to the King baby!
    • View Profile
Re: The Long Road to Glory
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2012, 07:55:32 PM »
"The Southern part of town? Understood. Thank you for your time." Artur thanked the citizen, and relayed the information back to everyone else. "So what do you guys want to do next?"
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Offline ShadowViper

• Don't go looking for snakes, you might find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2012, 08:45:13 PM »
Nodding to Alton "I be Nalbin Stoneblade"

Gathering around along with everyone as the key was displayed. Shaking his head " 'Fraid I don' have any information ta offer. I jus' arrived ta this city 'bout an hour ago"
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

Offline Shiki

• Mindraped
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2012, 09:07:46 PM »
Faintly smiling, Claire nods slowly: "That is a shame... I, too, arrived in Zhona not too long ago."

She turns her head towards Arthur and says: "Shall we start with your find, Mr. Arthur? It may not be much, but it is still a lead... Oh.." She looks briefly at everyone to stop at Alton: "Or we could consult the church as you proposed, Mr. Alton."

Offline kevin video

• Legendary Member
  • Hail to the King baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2012, 09:09:13 PM »
"Artur. No 'h'." Artur said, correcting Claire. "We could always start with the church, and then if that doesn't turn out, head South."

Offline lans

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2012, 09:13:07 PM »
Takes various greetings and introductions
Turns to Claire 'fraid I don't have any info that nobody else has, perhaps we can ceck the southern part of town, and if that doesn't work we can check the church in the morning? ,

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2012, 09:20:31 PM »
Alth paused for a bit in contemplation, then shrugged and started talking.

"Be careful going south.  There is a feud between ninja clans going on, with the one calling itself the Satsujin trying to take over supposedly having a small foothold in that area."
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 09:23:23 PM by Jackinthegreen »

Offline Shiki

• Mindraped
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2012, 09:22:38 PM »
Claire blushes, embarrassed, looking at the ground. With a weak voice, she replies: "My apologies... Uhm.. Mr. Knight Artur."

Looking briefly at Alton, still embarrassed she replies swiftly: "If that is to your likings, then lets do..."

Offline SleepyShadow

• Honorary Mod
  • I should've seen that coming
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2012, 03:42:30 AM »
The southern part of town is a residential area populated by all manner of typically friendly folk. Humans, elves, halflings, and a peculiarly large amount of gnomes all mingle freely here. That is, until, your group notices a rather angry mob trying to smash their way inside a small cottage sandwiched between two larger buildings. The mob seems to have already broken the windows, and a handful of burly fellows are using a table as a makeshift battering ram to break down the door.

What do you do?

Offline kevin video

• Legendary Member
  • Hail to the King baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2012, 03:47:13 AM »
Artur noticed the rioting mob, and decided to venture into it, hoping to disperse them. Snapping the reigns, he cried out to Olwen to charge in.

"Hyah! Let's show these miscreants the error of their actions."

As he got closer, he cried out to the mob. "You will stop what you are all doing, or you will be stopped."

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2012, 04:56:33 AM »
"Artur, may I...

Alth was about to ask if he could get up on Olwen for a better view of the situation, but his words were swept away as the knight charged in.  He readied himself in case a fight broke out, and focused on listening to the mob in case someone shouted anything notable.

Initiative roll 1d20+7=18
Listen check 1d20+9=17

Offline SleepyShadow

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2012, 06:14:38 AM »
Alth hears the mob shouting angry curses such as "Blasted witch!", "Filthy mongrel!" and "Hang the murderer!"

However, the crowd is quickly silenced as Artur charges into their midst. The burly men drop the table and stand in front of it in a poor attempt to hide it from view. Those who do not flee merely stare guiltily at the knight.

Offline kevin video

• Legendary Member
  • Hail to the King baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2012, 02:47:52 PM »
A fierce look appears on the knight's visage as he rides up to unruly mob, staring at them hard. He sits regally on his horse, Olwen, not moving for his sword. He felt no need to. The crowd had stopped. Softening, his expression, but keeping an unhappy tone to his voice.

"Do please explain what's going on here. I would so ever like to know what it is that you think you are doing." He squints his eyes some at the burly men as he continues. "By the by, if this place that you're raiding happens to be the home of the spellscale that I've been told about, we're all going to be in for a loooooong, day."

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 02:50:03 PM by kevin video »

Offline ShadowViper

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2012, 05:18:51 PM »
Nalbin steps up a few few away from the edges of the gathered crowd. It might seem a bit comical to see the small dwarf crossing his arms over his chest in a displeased manner if it wasn't for the rather hard stare being offered to the crowd. Letting any who wished to cause trouble know that the mounted knight wouldn't be the only one they'd have to deal with.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 05:20:34 PM by ShadowViper »
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

Offline SleepyShadow

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2012, 05:20:37 PM »
The remaining mob members stare at the knight and dwarf for a few moments longer, then swiftly break down into chaos once again as they hurl accusations at one another, all trying to lay the blame for the mob at someone else's feet.

While this is going on, everyone please make Spot checks.

Offline kevin video

• Legendary Member
  • Hail to the King baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2012, 06:38:49 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2012, 06:53:55 PM »

Offline Shiki

• Mindraped
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2012, 07:11:21 PM »
Spot 1d20-1 : 20 - 1, total 19

Offline lans

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2012, 08:03:22 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline ShadowViper

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2012, 10:45:12 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline SleepyShadow

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2012, 11:23:10 PM »
Alth and Claire spot a young man climbing stealthily out of a window on the side of the cottage the mob was trying to break into. He has dark gray hair and is garbed in black and grays with a long dark red scarf around his neck. He pulls a scrap of cloth out of his pocket and wipes off the bloody blade he carries before sheathing the weapon. He then begins looking up at the roof's edge, obviously gauging the distance before attempting a jump.

The rest of the group does not spot him.

What do you do?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 12:19:55 AM by SleepyShadow »