Author Topic: The Long Road to Glory  (Read 94456 times)

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
Re: The Long Road to Glory
« Reply #460 on: March 03, 2013, 12:30:00 AM »
Alth was torn between whether he should go invisible again to hopefully take down the minotaur, or to save his ki in case he needed to become invisible again.  He then saw Uube fall and decided it would be all or nothing here.  Once again he faded into nothingness and fired an arrow...  And in his eagerness to end the minotaur, he fumbled and missed.

(click to show/hide)

Offline SleepyShadow

• Honorary Mod
  • I should've seen that coming
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 04, 2013, 11:21:55 AM »
Though badly wounded, Alshen still had plenty of fight left in him. He rained blows down upon Nami as she struggled to fight back.

Alshen's mainhand
Rolled 1d20+10 : 1 + 10, total 11

Damage
Rolled 1d8+6 : 7 + 6, total 13

Offhand
Rolled 1d20+10 : 15 + 10, total 25

Damage
Rolled 1d8+3 : 6 + 3, total 9

Nami's Attack
Rolled 1d20+5 : 4 + 5, total 9

Damage
Rolled 1d6+2 : 3 + 2, total 5

Offline ShadowViper

• Don't go looking for snakes, you might find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 22, 2013, 02:27:39 AM »
"Yeh're good, I'll give yeh that" He said as he slashes once again at neck level with Dolard before taking a step to the side and then issuing an upward slash towards the bottom of Alshen's muzzle with Ovik

(click to show/hide)
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

Offline SleepyShadow

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 26, 2013, 05:37:03 AM »
After the dwarf's powerful blows, the minotaur collapsed to his hands and knees, his blades clattering to the floor. He heaved a great sigh and clutched at his wounds, blood seeping from them. He raised his eyes to those around him and sighed once more.

"I am beaten..." he murmured.

You each gain 450 exp.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 28, 2013, 11:46:31 PM »
Alth took a moment to catch his breath before circling around to knock the minotaur's weapons out of his reach and then stand about 15 feet in front of him.  He was still holding his bow with an arrow knocked, but he wasn't pointing it at Alshen just yet.  "I, too, admit you're quite skilled.  However, we have matters to discuss.  Who will those kobolds scamper to if they'll warn someone?  And how soon might we expect someone to investigate?"

Offline SleepyShadow

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: March 30, 2013, 06:32:18 AM »
"The Rat Patrol is more skilled than you'd think, and their leader is the most cunning kobold I've ever met," the minotaur wheezed out. "They knew I would die here ... an acceptable loss. They will report to ... to Meera. She is attempting to rally we humanoids under one banner ... claims a goddess has bade her ..."

Meanwhile, Nami slowly sank to the ground beside Uube's ruined corpse and began to weep.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 30, 2013, 03:00:55 PM »
Alth heard Nami weeping but kept himself stern.  He'd have time to mourn once he made sure they had what information they could get out of the minotaur.  He nodded as Alshen spoke of the kobolds being more skilled than is normal.

"Can you tell us more of this 'Meera?'  She's obviously got some influence.  There's also the matter of these tunnels and ruins.  What do you know of them?"

Offline SleepyShadow

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 31, 2013, 04:43:19 AM »
"Meera is a human ... Loves animals ... Soul magic ..." the dying minotaur answered. "I owe her no allegiance... My people will ... Make no war... The tunnels are old crypts for warriors ..."

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 31, 2013, 03:44:07 PM »
"Soul magic and loves animals?  That seems somewhat at odds with our information of a dragon and goblin cult.  Still, I suppose you'd prefer to rest in peace now.  You fought well and died in battle.  We can bury you here with other warriors, including Uube," Alth gestured to the downed orc, "If you would like us to."

Offline ShadowViper

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 01, 2013, 03:15:44 AM »
"Aye, yeh both were fearless warriors and deserve a proper burial" Was all the dwarf said, his eyes slowly switching between Uube and Alshen
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

Offline SleepyShadow

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 02, 2013, 01:15:42 AM »
The minotaur managed a feeble nod before collapsing to the ground. His body shuddered as he exhaled his final breath, and lay still.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 21, 2013, 05:52:18 PM »
Alth bowed his head in a moment of silence for both Uube and Alshen.  Once the moment had passed he searched through Alshen's belongings.  "I realize this might be a bit disrespectful at first, but we might be able to lay his items on him to at least look nicer than simply being tucked away in his pouches.  And we need a shovel, which I hope he has."

(click to show/hide)

Offline SleepyShadow

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 22, 2013, 05:11:14 PM »
Alshen had two longswords, a shovel, 50 ft. of rope, a grappling hook, three bags of caltrops, a silver earring, and black silk clothing.

Offline ShadowViper

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 22, 2013, 05:15:30 PM »
Nalbin takes the shovel and begins looking around for the best place within the cavern for the two graves.

"I'll begin preparing their graves" He says as begins to dig two holes side-by-side in the chosen location.

Offline SleepyShadow

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 24, 2013, 01:45:06 PM »
A soft patch of earth near a tiny trickle of cave water allowed for easy digging. The work was finished without much difficulty.

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 08, 2013, 02:18:44 PM »
Alth walked over and put his hand on Nami's shoulder (assuming she's kneeling down and still crying).  "He fought well and died a warrior.  Let's not dwell too long on his loss since he'd want us to keep going."

He busied himself by cleaning up Alshen's and Uube's remains.  He laid the longswords across Alshen's chest and left the earring on, but took the caltrops, hook, and rope and set them to the side for them to take with once they finished the burials.

Offline ShadowViper

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 10, 2013, 02:42:00 AM »
He finished digging the respectable graves, each side by side. With Alth's help he'd lower each fallen warrior into their grave. Making sure that each was resting peacefully before climbing out. Uube's was the first one he began to fill with dirt, before starting the process he'd stand over the open grave looking down to Uube, saluting his fallen comrade "T'was an honor ta fight by yer side lad!." Before beginning the burial, he would pause to allow Alth and Nami to say their goodbye.

The same process was repeated with Alshen, same salute before "T'was an honor ta face yeh in battle!"

Once both warriors had been laid to rest, the shovel was slid inside his own backpack.

Offline SleepyShadow

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 12, 2013, 03:29:42 PM »
Nami nodded solemnly and wiped away her tears. "You are right," she said. "We should keep moving."

So, with the burials completed, what do you do?

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 18, 2013, 04:02:01 PM »
Alth whispered a prayer for Uube and Alshen and then got up.

"Down the tunnel I found a water pool and what I think is an undead creature.  Whatever it was, it didn't follow me, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't still there.  We should be cautious going deeper."

He paused to look at the gear he set aside.  "Nalbin, do you have room for the catrops and rope?  I won't be able to carry them and still fight at the same time."

Offline ShadowViper

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 19, 2013, 07:06:12 PM »
"Aye lad" He said nodding to Alth in response to both the suggestion of being cautious and taking the items. The rope, caltrops and Alshen's shovel were placed inside his backpack before it found it's way back on his shoulders. With Dolard and Ovik at the ready in his hands, he proceeded down the tunnel where Alth found the undead.