Author Topic: Augury Part I: New Beginnings  (Read 129373 times)

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
Re: Augury Part I: New Beginnings
« Reply #620 on: April 09, 2013, 04:10:42 PM »
(click to show/hide)

"Good idea. Yes, I can do that."

Alvin hurries over to the thugs, starting with Stuve, and checks their injuries making sure they aren't in immediate danger. After having done this with all three he binds their hands.

(click to show/hide)

Offline dipolartech

• Handy Haversack anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 11, 2013, 11:01:15 AM »
Internal Monologue:
(click to show/hide)

Kheldar, supported by a rather long hafted weapon with a wicked extra curve behind the blade, drunkenly stumbles towards the center of the trio of downed assailants.
"A' a' ah t'ink d'ese fellas h' ha' have had tooooo much d'urink," Kheldar sways as he tilts his head to look downwards, " wu'hy don't w' uh we helllp t'em outsuude?"

A much more urbane very quiet voice is heard emanating from the drunken man. The same voice as before when draconic sprung forth from the unlettered bartrash, "Bartender is a good guy, he'll probably help with any problem if we take this at least out front."
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 11:03:37 AM by dipolartech »

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 14, 2013, 09:44:02 AM »
((Alvin: you manage to stabilize the one thug who was bleeding; the other two are merely unconscious, in various conditions.  Would you like to make a Use Rope check for the binding?))
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 22, 2013, 05:46:45 PM »
Having bandaged and bound the thugs, Alvin remembers Issac's words. He attempts to search them but rifling through the pockets of unconcious men feels wrong, even if they did try to kidnap him, and he makes a poor job of it.

Search: 1d20+3= 5

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 03, 2013, 04:52:48 PM »
Isaac, still an eye on the door, trying to prevent anyone from entering or seeing the damage (and also judge just how much the neighborhood might have heard of the ruckus), asks over his shoulder, "Find anything on them? Not that this isn't excitingly nervewracking...."
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 03, 2013, 05:22:02 PM »
"Hmm...is this something?" Kara says, poking though their stuff to reveal an item more valuable than a ball of lint yet less valuable than a castle.
Search 1d20+7 : 14 + 7, total 21
Hmm.

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 29, 2013, 08:21:21 AM »
Kara's hand dips into one of the crossbow-wielders' pockets, and returns with a small pouch of the finest worked leather, with the strings cut neatly.

Inside the pouch, Kara finds:
~a handful of platinum pieces,
~a signet ring with a familiar sign -- that of Lord Gef,
~an oddly-shaped knife that Sorrel recognizes as an athame, and
~a large golden key.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 07:04:27 AM by sirpercival »
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #627 on: May 30, 2013, 10:25:41 AM »
With the threat handled and the offenders bound, the weasel monster Nora'Luuu took a side step back to the table, where he helped himself to another chunk of (slightly cold) food.
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline Shiki

• Mindraped
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 30, 2013, 06:13:45 PM »
"Oh.. so they aren't dead. Aw well, that's a good thing I guess," said Snowy as she saw Alvin stabilize the unconscious thug(s). She then turned towards Kheldar, seemingly intrigued. The cutesy tibbit eyed the drunk man as she heard a familiar tongue coming from him. After approaching Kheldar, she said in draconic "Who are you again and what is it that you want? You look suspicious."

Offline dipolartech

• Handy Haversack anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 31, 2013, 10:02:20 PM »
"I have not yet had an opportunity to disclose to you my identity nor my reasons for approaching you. Perhaps when in a few moments we will be able to converse without concern as to which ears may be turned to us?"

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: June 03, 2013, 07:35:32 AM »
Kara removes the ring, knife and key, while securing the bag with the platinum coins to her side. The newly established 'party funds' pouch would be under her careful supervision.

"Not sure what the value of this is. Maybe the original owner or their family will pay a modest finder's fee for it." she said of the ring. She held out the key. "Now this is clearly valuable. However, what it opens is a mystery."
She held the knife. "Not sure what to make of this, though it's clearly well crafted."
Hmm.

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 03, 2013, 11:47:33 AM »
The ring that Kara holds catches Sorrel's eyes first when she draws his attention, and his eyebrows rise. "That's the Gef's family's signet. This probably isn't a coincidence."

Looking now to the knife, Sorrel remarks, "Huh. That's an athame, I think. From what I've read, it's a special kind of knife sometimes used in ancient ritual magic. Some of them were supposed to be imbued with magic themselves. Did you find those all together?"
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 12:06:55 PM by Garryl »

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 03, 2013, 08:28:28 PM »
Sword slipping fully into the sheathe, Isaac looked like he was starting to relax. "So everything's tied up and dealt with? Good. Good." He maintained his post by the door, keeping an eye out for anyone who might have heard the ruckus.

(click to show/hide)
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.