Author Topic: What's the deal with Recognition?  (Read 3635 times)

Offline TuggyNE

• Pondering the nature of identity
    • View Profile
What's the deal with Recognition?
« on: March 07, 2012, 11:03:18 PM »
So, various people have Recognition listed under their names, but I don't see any way to give it. I've tried searching for some indication that the feature was (partially) removed, but haven't turned up anything useful. Anybody mind informing this poor newbie what's up with that? :???
Sweet martial OotS-style avatar by Ceika over on GitP.

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Epic Member
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
Re: What's the deal with Recognition?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 11:07:44 PM »
You get recognition when people like your posts, but the ability to give recognition is restricted initially. You'll get the option eventually.
Everything is edible. Just that there are things only edible once per lifetime.
It's a god-eat-god world.

Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled,
And to the mercies of a moment leaves; The vast concerns of an eternal scene.

Offline dipolartech

• Handy Haversack anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 11:09:26 PM »
Click the give kudos link under the recognition number here try mine and see if my number goes up

Edit: so he cant see the link yet?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 11:11:23 PM by dipolartech »

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Epic Member
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 11:41:20 PM »
There is a threshold yes.
Everything is edible. Just that there are things only edible once per lifetime.
It's a god-eat-god world.

Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled,
And to the mercies of a moment leaves; The vast concerns of an eternal scene.

Offline SneeR

• Legendary Member
  • Sneering
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 04:23:45 AM »
Always remember to tell the person why you gave them Recognition! That is just good board behavior.
A smile from ear to ear
3.5 is disappointingly flawed.

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 08:54:01 AM »
Always remember to tell the person why you gave them Recognition! That is just good board behavior.
The old boards used to do this automatically, but these boards do not. I kind of wish they did.
My creations

Please direct moderation-related PMs to Forum Staff.

Offline TuggyNE

• Pondering the nature of identity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 05:04:37 PM »
You get recognition when people like your posts, but the ability to give recognition is restricted initially. You'll get the option eventually.

Ah, fair enough. Good to know.  :cool

Edit: Aaaand bam. Hit the threshold with this post! Haha.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 05:07:05 PM by TuggyNE »
Sweet martial OotS-style avatar by Ceika over on GitP.

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 05:41:41 PM »
The old boards used to do this automatically, but these boards do not. I kind of wish they did.
I don't remember ever getting any notice of why my G-Fu score changed on the old boards. I know you were supposed to enter a reason as a measure against abuse (it didn't work), but I don't recall ever actually getting any of what was written.
Please send private messages regarding board matters to Forum Staff instead.

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 06:16:38 PM »
I don't remember ever getting any notice of why my G-Fu score changed on the old boards. I know you were supposed to enter a reason as a measure against abuse (it didn't work), but I don't recall ever actually getting any of what was written.
I know the BGs were able to see them.

Offline Tshern

• The Clown Prince of Crime
  • DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 07:10:17 PM »
Quite.

I know the BGs were able to see them.
Aye. Personally I don't mind one way or the other, but I believe showing the exact reason to the BGs was pointless. They, far as I recall, already knew what post amounted to that kudos and could see the content. Seeing the results of a compulsory feedback mechanism would, in my opinion, be more helpful for posters than admins.
Pian unohtuu aika ja tila
Ja nahkapeitto ja syyllisyys
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys