Author Topic: [4E] The Maker's Crown - Currently Recruiting  (Read 13826 times)

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
Re: [4E] The Maker's Crown - Currently Recruiting
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2012, 03:52:50 PM »
You need one more feat at 2nd level. I highly suggest either Weapon Expertise or Bow Expertise  :)

Also, LOL at that Ashe's pic  :lol

Offline Shadowhunter

• E6/E8 fanboy.
    • View Profile
    • The additional vestige collection for all you Binder players out there.
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2012, 04:00:18 PM »
I'm second level. Right, I'm 2nd level. This is 4th edition. I get feats every second level. Right. Silly me.
Definitely doing Bow Expertise.

And of course it's Ashe, it was either her or the Drow one from Dota and I'm not playing a drow :P
Not to mention Ashe actually have clothes on, instead of just a bikini. Don't get me wrong, bikini's are nice to look at, but they don't grant as good AC as hide armor. ;)

Offline ShadowViper

• Don't go looking for snakes, you might find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2012, 09:02:46 PM »
Call me crazy but I'm not seeing a pic :???
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2012, 10:41:33 PM »

Open up the character sheet, look in the upper right hand corner.

Offline ShadowViper

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2012, 02:51:04 AM »

Aye not seeing a pic in the normal pic slot. Probably the malware I'm infected with screwing things up again.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2012, 12:19:38 PM »

Aye not seeing a pic in the normal pic slot. Probably the malware I'm infected with screwing things up again.

Hmm, probably.  Hopefully you'll get that taken care of soon, it's hard for me to do tech support without being able to work on your computer.   :p

Offline ShadowViper

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2012, 11:55:21 PM »

Hmm, probably.  Hopefully you'll get that taken care of soon, it's hard for me to do tech support without being able to work on your computer.   :p

The continued attempts are greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!!!

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2012, 12:43:46 AM »

The continued attempts are greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!!!

Like I said in the other thread, I'm happy to help. 

I can't help but feel appreciated when you use that many exclamation points.   :D

Edit: Post 2000, wooo!   :jumping

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2012, 09:42:17 AM »
I'd be interested if you still have a spare seat. But I can only promise a post every other day, is that ok with you? Sometimes I get more spare time but usually this is my average.
If that's ok I have two characters in mind:

1. A human Mage (HotFL wizard variant)
2. A Cleric

I'd rather play the mage though. I've always wanted to play a 4e cleric, but I don't know if that would be fun enough. If you guys need more healing than control, I'm up for testing it.
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2012, 11:03:55 AM »
Hey, we are still open. I sort of paused the game for a bit while I was dealing with moving into a new house, but I'm home sick today so I'm going to start it back up.

Either character is fine. I like to mold the game around the players so if there isn't enough healing I'll make it work. Right now there's an artificer and a paladin though so there's a decent amount; I doubt anyone would object to a cleric joining since they are ridiculously good healers, but what's more important is that everyone plays what they want to. I actually think the o ly role we don't have right now is a dedicated controller, so mage would fit in just fine.

Which sort of mage were you thinking of?

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2012, 11:25:33 AM »
After posting I tried sketching a cleric and it is really turning into something good. Either human or Kalashtar. No deity yet. Right now I can't choose between the two.
The mage I was thinking about was a forced movement controller. He goes quite well with strikers because he always tries to keep the enemy together helping them maximize damage and avoid hitting allies. He would definatelly be human because he needs a lot of feats. I made him for a level 4 campaign but I can downgrade him.
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2012, 12:06:34 PM »
Yeah, right now the game is at level 2. Feel free to start posting in the campaign's OOC discussion thread.

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2012, 12:41:07 PM »
What about my posting frequency? Is that ok? I don't wanna fall behind or be a nuisance.
I'm going as a cleric. What is the method of generating ability scores?

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2012, 01:02:46 PM »
Standard for 4E, which is 22 point buy (according to a somewhat different point system starting with all stats beginning at 10) or a selection from the standard array of stats.

An easy way to figure this out, if you don't have access to the character builder or any other auto-fill options, is this point-buy calculator.

So, basically, you have 22 points, all stats begin at 10. If you want 2 more points, you can reduce one stat down to a -8, but you don't get points for doing that to more than one stat (or, rather, you can only get a maximum of 2 more points by going lower than 10).

Also, posting frequency should work out fine. I only get to post very early or very late in the day most days anyway, and this game's been going on a while but hasn't gotten very far yet.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 12:25:24 PM by VennDygrem »