Author Topic: Action thread: Group 5  (Read 7502 times)

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
  • "Insight is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    • View Profile
Re: Action thread: Group 5
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2012, 12:02:23 AM »
BOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!

Offline MetroMagic

• Honorary Mod
  • Organizations are imaginary.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 04:21:56 PM »
Now group5 is at the T intersection about 60 feet southeast of location5 in the corridor, no longer in sight of location5 which is around a curve in the passage so that it’s not directly ‘visible’ to Tremorsense.

Ror5 thinks “BOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!” and the floor bucks. A staggering blast of sound and wind hits group5, immediately followed by the clatter of a stinging rain of stone shrapnel that splashes against the curving walls of the passage.

In the corridor, a brief, continuous crashing of rock tumbles from the ceiling onto the floor, with thud after thud nearly deafening to Tremorsense. The sound slows to a gravel spill, then stops. Fading echoes from the corridor suggest it is now a dead end, or mostly so.

A choking cloud of rock dust envelops the party, making it hard to draw a breath.

Immediately afterward, four more shockwaves arrive, rattling bones and teeth from more distant explosions to the northeast and east.

The uneven ceiling overhead in the corridor grinds and groans through shake after shake. Fine grit sifts down onto heads and shoulders.

All info goes on the Link.

Offline MetroMagic

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2012, 10:14:14 PM »
Yet another shockwave arrives, rattling bones and teeth from another explosion to the northeast.

The uneven ceiling overhead in the corridor grinds and groans again, and more grit sifts down onto heads and shoulders.

All info goes on the Link.

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 08:02:18 AM »
Halfaz5 changes his appearance into that of an Efreeti to avoid Forbidance damage. He intends to stay in that form.
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2012, 05:35:36 PM »
{Ror5 on the link} We might as well get moving too.

Ror5 will discharge an Advanced Circle of Good Hope coupled with a Spell Ritual: Bastion of Good, and then begin to move down the corridor towards the Slave Pens.

Offline MetroMagic

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2012, 12:17:23 AM »
Toward the slave pens, area BB, yes. Left at the T or right? Both ways lead there eventually.

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2012, 12:41:10 AM »
I guess Right at the T.  That should theoretically get us there faster.

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2012, 07:30:57 AM »
Halfaz5 follows Ror5, ready for any surprises.
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline MetroMagic

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2012, 08:05:01 PM »
Group5 takes the shorter path going right at the T and left through a larger area on the combat map, closer and closer toward the slave pens, area BB, while they hear about the PtolemaeusX search on the Link and get visuals of their own fog cloud approaching BB through the tunnels. The corridors and wider open area seem much the same as the earlier tunnels, empty except for some rubble against the walls.

A few turns and they soon emerge in the northwest corner of the pens, while the Ptolemaeus copies are on their way flying back to group10.

Their fog cloud blankets most of the northwest corner, across a section of the north wall and the west wall from ceiling to floor. As they advance, more and more of BB is obscured, until nearly a third of the width is covered in fog when they cross out of the warrens into BB itself.

What now? They await instructions from the originals in group10, since they have finished their initial assignment.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 08:17:51 PM by MetroMagic »

Offline MetroMagic

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2012, 02:31:05 AM »
Group5 responds to HalfazO’s instructions to investigate the river, and they set off across the west end of BB, moving from the edge of the warrens in the north, toward the destroyed bridge in the south just before location9. With their speedy flying, they will reach the river in a little less than a minute.

Offline MetroMagic

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2012, 02:58:33 AM »
On the Link, Group5 reports there is only the faintest smell of blood in the river at the broken bridge and the river is running clear again, instead of red, but there are still a few chunks bobbing low in the water, parts of sharks and parts of Vodyanoi, aquatic Umber Hulks… however, for living creatures there are just sharks. It seems to them too that a lot of sharks died, and a much smaller number of Vodyanoi.

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2012, 03:17:36 PM »
"I think 'someone' will get mad about 'his' river's pollution..."

Offline MetroMagic

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2012, 03:44:24 PM »
Star laughs on the Link: {Star} Oooh... hadn't thought about that. Halfaz, it’s a credit to you as a sailor to realize it. It may be pollution, which the Prince would notice after a while... or his lake-tenders certainly would. But strollers and fishermen there may notice the likely feeding frenzy even sooner... right now!! Star puts an image on the Link, not a viewing but just an imagining, of the surface of the lake coming to a rolling boil like a hot pot of soup as onlookers scratch their heads.{Star} Whatever else happened here, at least the Prince can't fault us for keeping his fish happy and well-fed!