Author Topic: Action thread: Group 7  (Read 7564 times)

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
  • "Insight is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    • View Profile
Re: Action thread: Group 7
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2012, 12:03:09 AM »
DITTOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Offline MetroMagic

• Honorary Mod
  • Organizations are imaginary.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 04:33:02 PM »
Now group7 is at the T intersection about 60 feet south of location7 in the corridor, no longer in sight of location7 which is around a curve in the passage so that it’s not directly ‘visible’ to Tremorsense.

Ror7 thinks “DITTOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!” and the gum detonator thinks this over, decides it’s OOOOOOOOOOOOK, and a moment later the floor bucks. A staggering blast of sound and wind hits group7, immediately followed by the clatter of a stinging rain of stone shrapnel that splashes against the curving walls of the passage.

In the corridor, a brief, continuous crashing of rock tumbles from the ceiling onto the floor, with thud after thud nearly deafening to Tremorsense. The sound slows to a gravel spill, then stops. Fading echoes from the corridor suggest it is now a dead end, or mostly so.

A choking cloud of rock dust envelops the party, making it hard to draw a breath.

Immediately afterward, four more shockwaves arrive, rattling bones and teeth from more distant explosions, first from the east, and then from the north and west.

The uneven ceiling overhead in the corridor grinds and groans through shake after shake. Fine grit sifts down onto heads and shoulders.

All info goes on the Link.

Offline MetroMagic

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2012, 10:17:41 PM »
Yet another shockwave arrives, rattling bones and teeth from another explosion to the north.

The uneven ceiling overhead in the corridor grinds and groans again, and more grit sifts down onto heads and shoulders.

All info goes on the Link.

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 08:06:32 AM »
Halfaz7 changes his appearance into that of an Efreeti to avoid Forbidance damage. He intends to stay in that form.
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2012, 05:36:08 PM »
{Ror7 on the link} We might as well get moving too.

Ror7 will discharge an Advanced Circle of Good Hope coupled with a Spell Ritual: Bastion of Good, and then begin to move down the corridor towards the Slave Pens.

Offline MetroMagic

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2012, 12:18:00 AM »
Toward the slave pens, area BB, yes. Left at the T or right? Both ways lead there eventually.

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2012, 12:39:16 AM »
I guess Left at the T.  That will get us there faster.

(EDIT:  I swear I know my Left from my Right...)

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2012, 07:30:27 AM »
Halfaz7 follows Ror7, ready for any surprises.
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline MetroMagic

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2012, 08:18:41 PM »
Group7 takes the shorter path going left at the T and continuing through a long winding corridor on the combat map that bends to the right, closer and closer toward the slave pens, area BB, while they hear about the PtolemaeusX search on the Link and get visuals of their own fog cloud approaching BB through the tunnels. The corridors seem much the same as the earlier tunnels, empty except for some rubble against the walls.

A few turns and they soon emerge in the northeast corner of the pens, while the Ptolemaeus copies are on their way flying back to group10.

Their fog cloud blankets most of the northeast corner, across a section of the north wall and the east wall from ceiling to floor. As they advance, more and more of BB is obscured, until more than a quarter of the width is covered in fog when they cross out of the warrens into BB itself, including the cages halfway to the one destroyed by Warp Wood.

What now? They await instructions from the originals in group10, since they have finished their initial assignment.

Offline MetroMagic

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2012, 04:32:32 AM »
Following RorO’s instructions group7 sets off immediately to Earthglide near to group6’s last position and spread out to investigate. With Earthglide they can traverse the straight line distance, or nearly so. Star updates the combat map to show the route, which is a little more than 700 feet.

At Earthglide’s slow speed this contravenes RorO’s instruction to head in that direction as fast as possible, since it would take about 6 minutes to get there.

So after studying the combat map briefly they decide to take a route to fly most of the way there, to the near side of the Wall of Force that blocked off location6, and then Earthglide from that point. The corridor will be sealed off by BOOOOM6 and is probably impassable anyway. This route enables them to fulfill both of RorO’s instructions, for speed and for Earthglide.

Star updates the combat map to show the route. It’s a little more than 800 feet through the passages to the Wall of Force at location6, which will take less than a minute and a half. Then it’s a little more than 200 feet to where the old passage through the warrens meets the new tunnels, which will take a little more than a minute and a half. So group7 will arrive there in about three minutes, if they follow the route.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 04:47:08 AM by MetroMagic »