Author Topic: the OOC and general Q&A thread!  (Read 35636 times)

Offline jojolagger

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: the OOC and general Q&A thread!
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2012, 04:35:40 PM »
Whaleman should get a hit in anyway though, considering I dun fucked up and forgot he had improved trip. Fuck you sleep deprevation! :shakefist
So, Whaleman get's the extra attack rolled above, and if Wob Niar survives, they get away?

(click to show/hide)
Also, I'm noting seeing enough rolls in the trip section for a trip. There should be 1 touch attack to start the trip, and one str check from each.
although the whale guy gets Str + 8 and wob niar only gets Str, wobniar still has a chance of resisting.
Out of net access for a bit. Should be back late monday.

Offline HeadofVecna

• Waving friendly tentacles from the aether
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2012, 05:08:28 PM »
Hmm, there are definitely more angels to consider on this than I had thought. 5' would be enough to get her out of range, since it was only because of reach that my character was able to hit Shiki's without charging.

Generally I think that the Rules of the Game articles are a useful and relevant addition to the game. But I don't see where Skip came up with the tumble DC as being 20 rather than 25. Even if we assume that crawling is 'normal' movement (IMO there are merits to both arguments), crawling speed is 5'. And accelerated tumbling, full rather than half available speed, incurs a -10 not -5 penalty.

Whaleman should get a hit in anyway though, considering I dun fucked up and forgot he had improved trip. Fuck you sleep deprevation! :shakefist
Does this refer to the attack already rolled or an AoO from moving while prone? The ruling going my way is one thing. But I don't think it would be fair to Shiki to get an extra attack just because the bonus attack earlier was skipped. There should at least be the opportunity to revise actions.

Offline HeadofVecna

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2012, 05:19:20 PM »
(click to show/hide)
Also, I'm noting seeing enough rolls in the trip section for a trip. There should be 1 touch attack to start the trip, and one str check from each.
although the whale guy gets Str + 8 and wob niar only gets Str, wobniar still has a chance of resisting.

I had assumed that the 1d20+3 total 11 was wob niar's str check, which my character beats on a 1. But I'll roll just in case.
Rolled 1d20+16 : 6 + 16, total 22

Offline HeadofVecna

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2012, 07:19:33 AM »
Another thing to consider just popped into my head. Can one begin flying from a prone position? I think its necessary to stand up first, but there may rules on this I'm unaware of.

Offline Wrex

• Honorary Mod
  • Large and In Charge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2012, 02:23:41 PM »
All good questions I don't have the answer to, I'm afraid. Time to troll teh interwebs?

Offline jojolagger

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2012, 03:46:14 PM »
Another thing to consider just popped into my head. Can one begin flying from a prone position? I think its necessary to stand up first, but there may rules on this I'm unaware of.
I can't find a ruling one way or another. I'd say that it depends on flight maneuverability. If it can fly up at any angle, take off from prone should be fine. If they need forward speed, it makes sense for them to need to stand first.

All good questions I don't have the answer to, I'm afraid. Time to troll teh interwebs?
Rules Compendium says nothing, Players handbook says nothing, DMG says Nothing.

I'd suggest that good and perfect maneuverability allow one to fly from prone, by way of extending the minimum distance flying level before gaining altitude to all forms of movement. Only way I can think of the draws on the rules somewhat.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2012, 09:51:31 PM »
So what are we waiting on, exactly? No updates in a couple days now. I'm restless to see where this thing goes!

Offline Wrex

• Honorary Mod
  • Large and In Charge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2012, 09:52:06 PM »
I think  we are waitring on Quillwraith to do something.

Offline InnaBinder

• Legendary Member
  • Onna table
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2012, 10:06:17 PM »
We'll try to be patient.
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.  Even if you win, you're still retarded.

shugenja handbook; talk about it here

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2012, 01:32:33 AM »
We will, despite the anxiousness to start. A competitive game like this, it's understandable how excited I'm sure everyone is getting!
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

Offline jojolagger

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2012, 02:02:44 AM »
I thought we were waiting on a ruling on flying from prone and whether Wob Niar is still alive and managed to get away.  :eh

Offline Quillwraith

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2012, 12:14:52 PM »
Sorry, been doing other stuff.
Will post now.

Offline Wrex

• Honorary Mod
  • Large and In Charge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2012, 04:13:06 PM »
How about this: Head gets the blow in that was rolled above. Should Shiki survive, she can successfully fly away. If she dosen't, she hits a tree branch, falls back to earth, and suffers a two ton curbstomp. Sound good?

Offline jojolagger

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2012, 04:23:58 PM »
How about this: Head gets the blow in that was rolled above. Should Shiki survive, she can successfully fly away. If she dosen't, she hits a tree branch, falls back to earth, and suffers a two ton curbstomp. Sound good?
Seems fair. Both have a chance of success. (dependent of Shiki's Ac and hp, which I don't know.)

Offline Shiki

• Mindraped
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2012, 04:50:41 PM »
If that 12 which was rolled earlier is indeed the damage we are going with, my character is still in the positives. :o

Offline Wrex

• Honorary Mod
  • Large and In Charge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2012, 05:03:52 PM »
Barely. I'd bet she feels like she got hit by a truck. Which in some respects is true  :P

Offline Shiki

• Mindraped
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2012, 05:13:38 PM »
Darn true, ahah. :tongue

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2012, 05:41:07 PM »
Remind me not to get in either the Whale or kobold's way. :P

Offline Quillwraith

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2012, 06:30:01 PM »
Remind me not to get in either the Whale or kobold's way. :P
You're playing the ooze, though.

I notice Ajith might well be more successful if I didn't play him in character. He's not stupid; it's just that he's got things he prioritizes over winning.

I figured that whale was not the best target, but Ajith doesn't care, he wants whale hurt first anyhow.

For that matter, starting a two-man alliance against a group of five people the same level is not the action of someone who cares much about not getting hurt.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2012, 06:38:48 PM »
Yeah, but now I've leaned how high your static mods to damage are, and through a little extrapolation of what you said you were playing before, I've noticed you've got to have a pretty sky-high AC. Gonna still have to watch myself.