Author Topic: Campaign Rules Questions and Chargen  (Read 25900 times)

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
Re: Campaign Rules Questions and Chargen
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2012, 08:02:34 AM »
Let's assume I make a Dragonborn (Wings) creature.  He has 1 HD.  He then takes the Mineral Warrior template.  When his HD total becomes 6, does he gain the ability to fly?  Upon becoming a Mineral Warrior, does he lose his ability to glide?
Loses Glide, gains Fly at 6.

What are your thoughts on the Savage Species page 14 rule that states a creature/class combo ill suited for each other gets -1 LA?  If this works, does a Mineral Warrior Druid have no LA?[/i]
I don't like that rule, really.  Honestly, I don't like the LA system at all, which is why in other games I use osle's monster classes.  But I think that deciding what's "ill-suited" is a very slippery slope, so I'd rather just do without.
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Endarire

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Smile! Jesus loves you!
    • View Profile
    • Greg Campbell's Portfolio
« Reply #101 on: August 06, 2012, 10:49:06 PM »
Greetings!

Is there any way to contract the Warp Touch disease (Book of Vile Darkness 31) and force the d100 roll to be a specific result?  That +4 deformity bonus to INT is lookin' mighty tasty!

As a StP Erudite, must I take the Mother Cyst feat (Libris Mortis 28) if I learn the Mother Cyst-granted spells as powers?  (The StP Erudite article is unclear on this, but implies I can if I pay +2PP.)

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2012, 08:39:52 AM »
Greetings!

Is there any way to contract the Warp Touch disease (Book of Vile Darkness 31) and force the d100 roll to be a specific result?  That +4 deformity bonus to INT is lookin' mighty tasty!
No, there are a bunch of things which let you mess with d20 results but I've never seen anything that would let you force a particular d100 result.

As a StP Erudite, must I take the Mother Cyst feat (Libris Mortis 28) if I learn the Mother Cyst-granted spells as powers?  (The StP Erudite article is unclear on this, but implies I can if I pay +2PP.)
I don't thing you need the feat, no.
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline PlzBreakMyCampaign

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2014, 09:17:47 PM »
I'm aware this is some thread necromancy, but can I get a PM as to why I/everyone can't enjoy reading the adventures (subforums) in here by default? Is it a privacy thing I'm not aware of?