Author Topic: Campaign Rules Questions and Chargen  (Read 25901 times)

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
Re: Campaign Rules Questions and Chargen
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2012, 09:20:56 AM »
Downtime: How much will I be able to control when I get downtime, or how much I get?
I'm not sure I understand the question.  There will be overarching plot, but I won't railroad you -- the order in which you do things and the timing is up to you, though NPCs will have their own agenda.

Reposting this from above: What sort of discount on animals  and animal training would I get for being a guild member?  What would I know about making Magebred creatures?
I don't have a good answer to this yet.  I'm having trouble decoupling the House from the Guild.

Can I craft partially-charged items, like wands/staves?
Sure.

As a StP Erudite, can I learn metamagicked spells, like Extended fire shield?  If so, how does this interact with metapsionic abilities?
No, you learn the spell as-is.  Then you can apply metapsi to it as normal.

Can others pay the research costs of spells and psionic powers instead of me?  (Probably not.  Wanna check.
Nope.

How can I create/animate a Deathless creature?  Do effects which bolster Undead creatures (Dread Necromancer8, Corpsecrafter...) also apply to such Deathless?
You can create them using the spells in the Deathless domain.  And, no.

If I don't rely on an Artificer to make me power stones of spells, how then can I get power stones of lower level-than-normal spells, like spells from the Telflammar Shadowlord list?
You can make them yourself, but other than that you can't  StP erudites are not common.

What's this 'thrallion?'  I lack Dragonmarked.
  Lol.  It's a term I coined that's a portmanteau of Thrall and Minion. With a hint of garlic and soy sauce.

How are we handling LA buyoff?
Standard SRD.

Thrall-wise:  Let's assume I tell my Artificer thrall (or whoever) to take the day off and not adventure with me.  Do his minions (constructs, animal companions, Undead pets) go with him?
Yup.

Does the Plane of Shadow extend into Eberron's cosmology?  If so, does this mean I can visit other campaign settings with it?  (Normally I can, as per Manual of the Planes.)
Hey, cool! Anyway, the knowledge of how to visit alternate Material Planes via Shadow is not widely available.  It's definitely not easy.

In general, do all abilities which affect ML equally affect CL due to magic-psionics transparency?
No.  Psionics may be a form of magic, but ML =/= CL in general.  However, there are some effects/abilities which affect both, so ask.

How do NPCs gain XP/levels?  I assume you just give them levels when the plot demands it.
Yes, that's fine.

Considering House Cannith's affiliation with the Warforged, would I be allowed in?  What would I need to do?
No, warforged are not recognized by the House.

PS: Alamar's Theme - From World of Xeen
Nice!
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Endarire

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Smile! Jesus loves you!
    • View Profile
    • Greg Campbell's Portfolio
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2012, 06:12:15 PM »
Alamar and the Warforged: I think Keith Baker really liked World of Xeen!

Cannith and Warforged: Why does House Cannith deny Warforged true house membership?

Dragonmarked: What's this book say about the animal handlers' guild?  Should I just start as an independent guy?  Any discounts on training/animals?  What favors/duties would I be expected to perform?  What courtesies (discounts, favors) would I get for being part of this guild?

How rare are Erudites in this game?  What about compared to StP Erudites?  What makes StP Erudites so rare?

What advantages do Deathless have over Undead?  With a small variety that generally that ain't that great, why bother?  Also, what Deathless outside of Eberron Campaign Setting can I make with the create (greater) deathless spells?

Where in Aundair are Warforged most respected?  What about Eberron in general?

What else should we know or discuss before I start posting build stuffs?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 05:01:02 AM by Endarire »

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2012, 07:38:45 AM »
Alamar and the Warforged: I think Keith Baker really liked World of Xeen!
Very possible... ;)

Cannith and Warforged: Why does House Cannith deny Warforged true house membership?
The literature is not clear on this point, other than the one sentence.  I'm going to say that since they created the warforged, they don't really recognize their autonomy... they feel (probably not openly) like technically they own all of them, and that warforged are of lesser standing than other races.

Dragonmarked: What's this book say about the animal handlers' guild?  Should I just start as an independent guy?  Any discounts on training/animals?  What favors/duties would I be expected to perform?  What courtesies (discounts, favors) would I get for being part of this guild?
The book doesn't say much about the benefits of the guild itself, more about House membership.  That's why I'm having difficulty... clearly Guild membership is inferior to House membership (especially since you have to spend a feat to get benefits from the latter), but I haven't figure out the differences yet.  I think you should probably start as a member of the Entertainer's Guild, just to make it easier ;)  Here's what Dragonmarked has to say on the Handler's Guild:
(click to show/hide)

How rare are Erudites in this game?  What about compared to StP Erudites?  What makes StP Erudites so rare?
Erudites are quite rare.  The most common psionic NPCs are kalashtars, many of whom are egoists and atavists.  StP Erudites are extremely rare simply because it's a difficult thing to learn.

What advantages do Deathless have over Undead?  With a small variety that generally that ain't that great, why bother?  Also, what Deathless outside of Eberron Campaign Setting can I make with the create (greater) deathless spells?
Deathless got very little support outside ECS and a couple in the BoED.  I'll work on something good, but I don't have anything right now (shouldn't matter until later levels).

Where in Aundair are Warforged most respected?  What about Eberron in general?
It seems like the Mournland and Breland are the places with the most Warforged.  In Aundair, the more cosmopolitan places will be most welcoming to Warforged (and strangers in general).  Fairhaven is likely to be the best, therefore.

What else should we know or discuss before I start posting build stuffs?
That's probably good, so get to it! ;)

Offline Endarire

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2012, 12:18:23 AM »
House V seems kinda like a factory of great prestige.  The Handler's Guild is like the assembly line where anyone can work, and this work is prestigious for the commoner.  House affairs are management only.  You just have to be born into this station, or do something tremendous to earn it.

How's the Entertainer's Guild split?

How important is Animal Boot Camp?  Specifically, should I assume that animals I buy are already trained to handle magic, like levitate, feather fall, spider climb, or other things that would seem very odd to the typical animal?

Must I do anything special to multiclass into StP Erudite?

Does grease (the grease made by the spell) burn?  Is it as flammable as mundane grease?

You mentioned that I can swap a creature's stats at 2 points lost per 1 point gained.  Can I take 1 point from 2 stats to increase another stat by 1?

Can I use shapesand to make an item from a special material?  For example, could I make an adamantine mace that bypassed hardness and DR as if it were adamantine?  ("Shapesand is a special kind of wasteland soil that is psychoreactive; it can be sculpted into any form according to your will. The new object is made of sand, but serves as a normal item of the same sort.  A shapesand hammer functions just like an ordinary hammer, and a shapesand waterskin is just as watertight as an ordinary skin.")
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 05:55:26 AM by Endarire »

Offline Endarire

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2012, 06:52:56 AM »
Alamar's sheet is posted in my game's forum and I'm ready to go!

I didn't fully stat out the Magebred Mules, but I can do that later.

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2012, 07:26:55 AM »
House V seems kinda like a factory of great prestige.  The Handler's Guild is like the assembly line where anyone can work, and this work is prestigious for the commoner.  House affairs are management only.  You just have to be born into this station, or do something tremendous to earn it.
That seems pretty fair fluff-wise, but I still have to figure out something mechanically... bluh.

How's the Entertainer's Guild split?
Between what and what?  Here's the writeup:

How important is Animal Boot Camp?  Specifically, should I assume that animals I buy are already trained to handle magic, like levitate, feather fall, spider climb, or other things that would seem very odd to the typical animal?
Depends where you buy them from.  If you buy them from some random commoner, then probably they haven't been trained.  Buying them from an important place that sells exclusively to adventurers or something similar, you're much more likely to get trained animals.  Magebred and Warbeast animals have all been trained.

Must I do anything special to multiclass into StP Erudite?
Nope.

Does grease (the grease made by the spell) burn?  Is it as flammable as mundane grease?
No, I don't think so.

You mentioned that I can swap a creature's stats at 2 points lost per 1 point gained.  Can I take 1 point from 2 stats to increase another stat by 1?
No, has to be from one stat.

Can I use shapesand to make an item from a special material?  For example, could I make an adamantine mace that bypassed hardness and DR as if it were adamantine?  ("Shapesand is a special kind of wasteland soil that is psychoreactive; it can be sculpted into any form according to your will. The new object is made of sand, but serves as a normal item of the same sort.  A shapesand hammer functions just like an ordinary hammer, and a shapesand waterskin is just as watertight as an ordinary skin.")
I don't think so -- those aren't "ordinary".

Alamar's sheet is posted in my game's forum and I'm ready to go!

I didn't fully stat out the Magebred Mules, but I can do that later.
Yeeha!

Offline Endarire

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2012, 05:32:01 PM »
I have always ruled that magical grease burned just like normal grease.  If a magical web burns like a normal web, why not grease?

Also, look over Alamar's sheet.  I take suggestions!

Offline Endarire

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2012, 07:22:07 PM »
Where's the writeup?  You said it was there.  I saw nothing.

How common are Psions, Erudites, and Wilders compared to arcane casters?

Can I do the 2:1 stat swap on my animals?  What about swapping their feats for others they're qualified to take?

I found even more templates to apply to animals!  Dungeonscape has Dungeonbred and Guardian among others.  (Other templates don't immediately apply to us.)  What's the price on a Dungeonbred creature?  A Guardian creature?  What if these creatures are Warbeasts?  Magebred?

PS: Ensure you finalize my fan's stats from the Apprentice feat, yo!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 02:20:45 AM by Endarire »

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2012, 02:53:54 PM »
I have always ruled that magical grease burned just like normal grease.  If a magical web burns like a normal web, why not grease?
Those spells which have non-magical interactions with the rest of the world (fireball starting fires, web burning, etc.) say so.

Also, look over Alamar's sheet.  I take suggestions!
Will do.

Where's the writeup?  You said it was there.  I saw nothing.
derp...
(click to show/hide)

How common are Psions, Erudites, and Wilders compared to arcane casters?
Less.  Significantly less.

Can I do the 2:1 stat swap on my animals?  What about swapping their feats for others they're qualified to take?
Sure.  As for the feats, it depends on the feat.  I would say most animals would be okay with passive feats, not as okay with active feats.

I found even more templates to apply to animals!  Dungeonscape has Dungeonbred and Guardian among others.  (Other templates don't immediately apply to us.)  What's the price on a Dungeonbred creature?  A Guardian creature?  What if these creatures are Warbeasts?  Magebred?
I would say that a dungeonbred creature costs 1.5 times the normal creature.  I don't think Guardian can be put on any of your animals without shenanigans (since it requires Int 3).

PS: Ensure you finalize my fan's stats from the Apprentice feat, yo!
Lol.  Will do.

Offline Endarire

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2012, 04:40:05 PM »
Guardian creatures must have an INT score of 3 or less.  So, what's the price?'

Can I give swap animal feats to give them Martial Study or/and Martial Stance?  What are the limits, aside from the initiator level prereq?

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2012, 06:48:46 PM »
Guardian creatures must have an INT score of 3 or less.  So, what's the price?'
Reading FAIL.  :facepalm  Guardian creatures cost twice as much.

Can I give swap animal feats to give them Martial Study or/and Martial Stance?  What are the limits, aside from the initiator level prereq?
No, those are an example of what I'd call "active feats".

Offline Endarire

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2012, 03:13:06 AM »
Chahar-aina and dastana were updated in "Dragon" 318 to be shield bonuses to AC, but I don't have that issue.  (PhaedrusXY says so.)  I relied on Arms and Equipment Guide which says the dastana stacks with certain other shields and armors.  Same thing with the chahar-aina from Oriental Adventures.  What do you say?

For animal price multipliers:  Is this 'Earth math' where x2 x2 = x4 or D&D math where x2 x2 = x3?  Also, does the price multiplier affect the whole price or the base price?

Guardian Creature: Can it suppress its eyebeams?  Can I order such a creature I own to suppress its eyebeams?

Magebred can give Improved Natural Attack as a bonus feat.  It mentions nothing about requiring the prerequisite 4 BAB, but since it's inherited, I don't see how it could qualify for the feat otherwise.  Other creatures (like the Elven Hound from Races of the Wild) bypass the prereq for INA.  What say you?

If as a Warforged I take a Body feat (like Adamantine Body) then turn into a non-Warforged or non-Construct, do I still keep the feat?  Do I keep the feat's effects?

Active Feats: Can animals use Power Attack?  What about with a specific command?  Also, if I made a signal for a creature to use a maneuver or stance, would it use it?  (Assume it's been amply trained.)

What shenanigans would I need for a Humanoid creature to use Horsehoes of Flame (Savage Species 57)?  I hope that I can use UMD to emulate a race, but the 'ordnary horse' clause may be troublesome.  Can I use UMD to emulate being an 'ordinary horse?'  Also, there is no type associated with the stat boosts from this item.  If I could UMD it to work on me, then is it still untyped?  (I assume wearing a buncha Horseshoes of Flame or equivalents won't stack.)

Does Recharge Staff work with Artificer infusions?  What about PP?  (I assume 9 PP = 5 spell slot levels.)

Can anyone use a Masterwork Lute to be treated as effective Bard level 1 for Inspire Courage?  (See here.)

Any public auctions of goods, especially valuable/rare?  What about invite-only ones?  Regardless, where would I go in Aundair, Fairhaven, and Eberron to find these?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 04:39:52 AM by Endarire »

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2012, 04:24:53 PM »
Chahar-aina and dastana were updated in "Dragon" 318 to be shield bonuses to AC, but I don't have that issue.  (PhaedrusXY says so.)  I relied on Arms and Equipment Guide which says the dastana stacks with certain other shields and armors.  Same thing with the chahar-aina from Oriental Adventures.  What do you say?
I want to hash out with Phaedrus exactly where he read that, just to make sure we're doing it right.

For animal price multipliers:  Is this 'Earth math' where x2 x2 = x4 or D&D math where x2 x2 = x3?  Also, does the price multiplier affect the whole price or the base price?
Earth math.  And it affects the whole price.

Guardian Creature: Can it suppress its eyebeams?  Can I order such a creature I own to suppress its eyebeams?
No.

Magebred can give Improved Natural Attack as a bonus feat.  It mentions nothing about requiring the prerequisite 4 BAB, but since it's inherited, I don't see how it could qualify for the feat otherwise.  Other creatures (like the Elven Hound from Races of the Wild) bypass the prereq for INA.  What say you?
Ignore the prereq.

If as a Warforged I take a Body feat (like Adamantine Body) then turn into a non-Warforged or non-Construct, do I still keep the feat?  Do I keep the feat's effects?
You could retrain the feat, but if you don't qualify for it (by not being a warforged) then you don't get the benefit.

Active Feats: Can animals use Power Attack?  What about with a specific command?  Also, if I made a signal for a creature to use a maneuver or stance, would it use it?  (Assume it's been amply trained.)
Well... there's only one monster in the SRD with Int < 3 which has power attack (Razor Boar).  I think PA is okay.  I think maneuvers & stances are off limits, though.  And yes, you can train an animal to PA.

What shenanigans would I need for a Humanoid creature to use Horsehoes of Flame (Savage Species 57)?  I hope that I can use UMD to emulate a race, but the 'ordnary horse' clause may be troublesome.  Can I use UMD to emulate being an 'ordinary horse?'  Also, there is no type associated with the stat boosts from this item.  If I could UMD it to work on me, then is it still untyped?  (I assume wearing a buncha Horseshoes of Flame or equivalents won't stack.)
You would need two more legs.  It's a set of 4.

Does Recharge Staff work with Artificer infusions?  What about PP?  (I assume 9 PP = 5 spell slot levels.)
You can use artificer infusions, but not pp.  Are you going to have an imbued staff?

Can anyone use a Masterwork Lute to be treated as effective Bard level 1 for Inspire Courage?  (See here.)
No, you need to have a bard level first.

Any public auctions of goods, especially valuable/rare?  What about invite-only ones?  Regardless, where would I go in Aundair, Fairhaven, and Eberron to find these?
Possibly.  A Knowledge: Local or Gather Info check could get you info in game about that.

Offline Endarire

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2012, 08:05:27 PM »
What are the limits of Knowledge (Local)?  Can I choose Knowledge (Local): Known Multiverse?  Is it country-wide?  City-wide?  Not directly linked to a geographical location?

Horseshoes of Flame: What happens if I'm in a form that has 4+ legs that can use these shoes but which isn't an ordinary horse?  Do I then need to make a UMD check to use them?

Horseshoes of Flame: Could I make a version of this item that required only 2 feet (or in another slot), thus making them usable by me as a Warforged?  (Not a Warforged Charger, but a normal Warforged.)

"Dragon" Material: Dragon Compendium 1 has a class called Death Master.  It's pretty much a Wizard, but gets animate dead and desecrate as L2 spells.  I wanted to get animate dead at L2.  Is this OK?

From a rules perspective, what are the differences between a melee natural weapon a melee unarmed strike?  Unarmed strikes get iteratives while natural weapons don't.  Beyond that, I notice little mechanical difference.

Speaking of which, what prevents me from giving, say, a Mule the feat Improved Unarmed Strike?  (Let's assume he qualifies.)  If so, what happens?  Does he deal more damage?  Does he get extra attacks?

TWF and natural weapons: Can animals in general benefit from Two-Weapon Fighting?  I wanted my mules to get extra attacks with their hooves or/and mouth.

What feats do you advise I take for my mules?  I can only use passive feats and effectively nothing from Tome of Battle.  I can't get Pounce on my mules (unless you rule I can).  So, my best options seem like

-Improved Initiative (if they have separate initiative)
-Powerful Charge (3d6+X damage on a charge at L1!  Wow!)
-Weapon Focus (boring, but slightly practical)

I'm taking other suggestions.

Guardian Creature: This template changes an affected Animal into a Magical Beast.  How does that affect my ability to Handle Animal?

Recharge Staff: I may get a staff to recharge.  This feat requires L12 anyway.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 01:04:26 AM by Endarire »

Offline phaedrusxy

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • The iconic spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2012, 11:50:37 PM »
I guess I remembered incorrectly. It says they both provide special armor bonuses that stack with some kinds of armor, not that dastanas provide a shield bonus. The OA book even goes as far as to explicitly say they both stack with any shield worn.
I don't pee messages into the snow often , but when I do , it's in Cyrillic with Fake Viagra.  Stay frosty my friends.

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2012, 01:42:23 PM »
I guess I remembered incorrectly. It says they both provide special armor bonuses that stack with some kinds of armor, not that dastanas provide a shield bonus. The OA book even goes as far as to explicitly say they both stack with any shield worn.
No problem at all.  E, your c-h & d are go.

What are the limits of Knowledge (Local)?  Can I choose Knowledge (Local): Known Multiverse?  Is it country-wide?  City-wide?  Not directly linked to a geographical location?
I tend not to link it directly to a geographical location.

Horseshoes of Flame: What happens if I'm in a form that has 4+ legs that can use these shoes but which isn't an ordinary horse?  Do I then need to make a UMD check to use them?
No, I don't think "ordinary horse" is a race which can be emulated.  Even if you polymorphed into a horse, you still wouldn't be ordinary.

Horseshoes of Flame: Could I make a version of this item that required only 2 feet (or in another slot), thus making them usable by me as a Warforged?  (Not a Warforged Charger, but a normal Warforged.)
Not without being a normal horse.  However, in general yes you can double the price to change the slot.

"Dragon" Material: Dragon Compendium 1 has a class called Death Master.  It's pretty much a Wizard, but gets animate dead and desecrate as L2 spells.  I wanted to get animate dead at L2.  Is this OK?
If you can find a Death Master to pick their brain, then yes.  Karrnath would be the place to look.

From a rules perspective, what are the differences between a melee natural weapon a melee unarmed strike?  Unarmed strikes get iteratives while natural weapons don't.  Beyond that, I notice little mechanical difference.
Unarmed strikes follow the rules for normal melee attacks, while natural weapons have slightly different rules.  You can't use Unarmed Strikes as secondary weapons, for example.  And as you said nat weapons don't get iteratives.

Speaking of which, what prevents me from giving, say, a Mule the feat Improved Unarmed Strike?  (Let's assume he qualifies.)  If so, what happens?  Does he deal more damage?  Does he get extra attacks?
Said mule could make an unarmed strike as a primary attack and two hooves as secondary attacks, doing less Str to damage as usual for secondary attacks.  Just like any other creature with natural weapons who takes IUS.

TWF and natural weapons: Can animals in general benefit from Two-Weapon Fighting?  I wanted my mules to get extra attacks with their hooves or/and mouth.
TWF and natural attacks do not mix.  They would also need IUS or some sort of weapon.

What feats do you advise I take for my mules?  I can only use passive feats and effectively nothing from Tome of Battle.  I can't get Pounce on my mules (unless you rule I can).  So, my best options seem like

-Improved Initiative (if they have separate initiative)
-Powerful Charge (3d6+X damage on a charge at L1!  Wow!)
-Weapon Focus (boring, but slightly practical)

I'm taking other suggestions.
Power attack is ok.  Could do Leap attack, though that's less useful w/o pounce.  Lemme think about it for other suggestions.

Guardian Creature: This template changes an affected Animal into a Magical Beast.  How does that affect my ability to Handle Animal?
Increases DC by 5 as normal.

Recharge Staff: I may get a staff to recharge.  This feat requires L12 anyway.
Yeah.

Offline Endarire

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2012, 04:31:30 PM »
I asked about the L2 Animate Dead due to Artificers making power stones of the spell that I could use and learn from.

Do I get any circumstance bonuses on handling my animals since I have done it for so long?  If not, how would 8 get circ bonuses?  Also, how much of a bonus?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 04:40:15 PM by Endarire »

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2012, 05:44:51 PM »
I asked about the L2 Animate Dead due to Artificers making power stones of the spell that I could use and learn from.
Oh, right.  Well, an artificer in Aundair is unlikely to do so.  Karrnath would be an easier place to find it.  But yes, in theory.

Do I get any circumstance bonuses on handling my animals since I have done it for so long?  If not, how would 8 get circ bonuses?  Also, how much of a bonus?
No, and what?

Offline Endarire

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2012, 03:45:48 AM »
I'm a Dragonborn Warforged.  As a Warforged, I normally get healed only half from [Healing] effects like cure light wounds, but get full healing from repair abilities.  Since I'm considered a Dragon in some regards, including for spell effects, does this mean I get full benefit from cure light wounds and so on?  What about raise dead?

Is the L2 animate dead the only region-specific Artificer ability?  If so, I want a Karnathian Artificer for Art Mart.  (That is, an Artificer making lotsa good stuff for me.)

Must I give my Corollax the Attack trick for it to use Color Spray?  (I say no since it's a supernatural ability and not getting into melee.)

Aside from this, I'm ready to go!  Check my game's board for a full stat list, including my pet stats!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 04:19:58 AM by Endarire »

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2012, 07:54:08 AM »
I'm a Dragonborn Warforged.  As a Warforged, I normally get healed only half from [Healing] effects like cure light wounds, but get full healing from repair abilities.  Since I'm considered a Dragon in some regards, including for spell effects, does this mean I get full benefit from cure light wounds and so on?  What about raise dead?
No, healing spells affect you as normal for a warforged.  You're still a construct.  However, Warforged can be raised as normal for living creatures.

Is the L2 animate dead the only region-specific Artificer ability?  If so, I want a Karnathian Artificer for Art Mart.  (That is, an Artificer making lotsa good stuff for me.)
Basically, undead are frowned upon everywhere but Karrnath.  So you could probably get some undead stuff in Aundair, but Karrnath is the real jackpot.  Acquiring a Karrnathi artificer is totally fine.

Must I give my Corollax the Attack trick for it to use Color Spray?  (I say no since it's a supernatural ability and not getting into melee.)
I think that's correct.

Aside from this, I'm ready to go!  Check my game's board for a full stat list, including my pet stats!
Sweet! OK, let me have a day or so for planning, and then we'll get both you and phae started.