Author Topic: The 4th Day  (Read 7197 times)

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
Re: The 4th Day
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2012, 02:22:17 AM »
"Well, fuck.  I guess that it is time to do something.  How did you kill those spirits?"
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2012, 02:23:22 AM »
I get a glass of water, then return to my vigil.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2012, 02:24:49 AM »
"Hmm?  What do you mean.  What does killing spirits have to do with anything?  Well, I guess if you really want to know, I kill them with this"

She reaches behind the desk and pulls out a bright red bat.

"This thing messes them up pretty badly.  Sometimes you have to hit them a lot though, or they wont stop moving."
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2012, 02:33:26 AM »
"You don't happen to have any more of those things do you?  Or, since you aren't worried about what is happening at noon, can I borrow this.  I'll bring it back if you are still around.  I'm going to go Locust hunting.  The paper says that they build up luck in their nests.  If I can get at that, maybe it is enough to change things."
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2012, 02:39:23 AM »
"Ehh, I would rather you not take my bat.  Its sort of important to me.  And I doubt my bat would by any good against locusts.  Those buggers  are small and fast, you'd be better off with a big flyswatter."

"Hmm... I know, you can take that with you."

She walks out from behind the counter and grabs something off a wall.

"I doubt the boss will get back soon enough to notice its missing."

She hands you what appears to be a red paper umbrella.

"That umbrella has an enchantment on it that will keep anyone from seeing you.  With that, it shouldn't be too hard to sneak up on the locust nest, assuming you can find it.  I suppose if you need to you could also use it as a bludgeoning weapon, but I doubt its that strong.  Just make sure you don't misplace the eye charm on the inside of the thing.  The it would stop working."
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2012, 02:59:10 AM »
"I supposed that it was a long shot, but I figure'd I'd ask.  All I have in the way of armaments is this:"  She pulls out the cheap water pistol.

Thanks for the umbrella, maybe if I luck out, it'll protect me from the sky falling.

Before she is out of the store, she already has her phone out.  First she calls her boss and quits.

It's the little things that keep the end of the world manageable.
It is 9AM

Then she dials operator and writes down the numbers of every exterminator in the city.

Putting her OL skills to use, she Bikes to a Supermarket while scrolling down the list of numbers.  She talks to as many of them as she can during the 30 minute ride and continues to talk to them, trying to discover anything she can about any locust problems.  She tells them that she is doing a study and looking for a nest of a special kind of Locust.  She tells the people that anyone who reported them might say that they looked like they were wearing masks.

She keeps calling as many exterminators, Then insurance Agents, then anyone in her phone's addressbook, until she gets any sort of leads on where in the city these bugs might be.  While doing this, she stops into a supermarket and picks up a pack of water balloons.  She gets some extra plastic bags and, holding her phone on her shoulder, she begins filling them.

She recalls that one day, while eating in her apartment, she was watching a show on Killer bees.  The program was informative, if not convincing that she was going to die from killer bees infesting her home.  It said that all flying insects lose their flight if they are hit with soapy water. 

While a water pistol is nice, She can't shoot for crap.  She elects to fill the baloons with soapy water to use as a bigger splash attack.

Finally, with some shopping bags filled with soapy water baloons, she stops to look at what her phone calls have given her.

Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2012, 10:55:37 PM »
Unfortunately, you don't get much in the way of useful information.  Many of the people you called haven't seen or heard anything about these locusts at all.  And those few who have heard about them tell you that they've seen them all over the place.  As you finish listening to your last call, you spot something out of the corner of your eye.

Please make a Perception (Vision) roll.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2012, 11:03:30 PM »
Rolled 3d6 : 4, 6, 5, total 15
target 10
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2012, 11:04:56 PM »
Hmm, maybe the sun was in your eyes.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2012, 01:16:54 AM »
At 10:15
Serako rubs her eyes and heads over to her bicycle.  She's quite frustrated that her search has provided no results.  She'd call the shop again, but that high school girl said that she didn't know anything.

Instead, She begins riding her bike, looking anywhere that might house locusts.  Checking any local produce sellers to see if they have overheard anything, and then heading to the park.  That should be a place where insects could thrive.

Serako will spend until 11:30 checking info at any farmer's market that exists and then begins searching some of the more isolated areas of the park, keeping her eyes open.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2012, 01:33:28 AM »
You search all over, but you don't find anything.  You feel something cold land on your face, and look up.

The time is now 12:00 PM, and it has started to snow.