Author Topic: The 5th Day  (Read 47884 times)

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
Re: The 5th Day
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2012, 05:49:59 PM »
"I'm sorry, but I am currently wedded in loving matrimony to Phones." Mekakushi replies with a straight face.

Headphone Actor blushes.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2012, 05:50:59 PM »
Serako blushes
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2012, 05:51:55 PM »
"Phones is my waifu, is what I'm saying.  You can't have her."
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2012, 05:52:58 PM »
Welp.  There goes that one.  I nod.

"Fair enough.  So, Luck Locusts and the plan.  What's on the table?"

Thank God I thought to ask that now.  I really don't know if I would have been able to handle getting invested in her, just to find out that she's not into guys.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2012, 06:02:11 PM »
"Right, the plan.  Well, it is pretty simple.  I can restore the world.  I can make it so none of this 'world ending' thing even happened.  Heck, I could restore the world to a point before you guys encountered the Newspaper.  But doing that takes energy.  And I don't care enough about this world to do it for free."

"Luckily, there is a rather convenient sort of energy right in this city.  The Pojitrawn.  If you can bring that to me, I'll fix up everything.  You don't have to, of course.  Everything is up to you.  If you aren't interested you can do whatever you want.  You could even hang out here until the vortex world collapses.  I would enjoy the company."

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2012, 06:03:22 PM »

"The Pojiwhat?"
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2012, 06:05:08 PM »
"what happens to you and Headphones when the vortex collapses?"
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2012, 06:08:10 PM »
"The Pojitrawn.  Well, a Pojitrawn.  It isn't like there is only one or anything.  There just happens to only be one Pojitrawn in this city at the moment, so I figured I would use 'the' to be more dramatic."

"What would happen to me?  Nothing much.  I'll just leave with Phones.  It isn't a big deal for us.  Maybe I'll go hangout with Takehime or take that vacation in the Daemon Court like I've always wanted to."

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2012, 06:09:44 PM »
"Right, got it.  Pojitrawn.  Do you happen to be able to explain exactly what that is?"

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2012, 06:11:39 PM »
"Huh?  Oh, yeah.  A Pojitrawn is a Luck Locust nest.  They tend to be full of all the luck that the Locust's have been stealing, so they make pretty decent power sources.  Should I take it from your questions that you are in?  The plan, I mean."

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2012, 06:12:45 PM »
Serako strains her memory...  She recalls that her penpal from X-shi talked about that goddess a lot.  Serako goes a little bit reticent, recalling the program that she signed up for to write to a member of their sister-city.  She wonders how Morgan is.  She worries a little bit, Morgan seemed a little on edge last time she wrote...
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2012, 06:13:43 PM »
I nod.  "Yeah, I sort of...enjoy living--recent trauma not withstanding.  And, even though you're taken, the Newspaper of Horror is pretty attractive.  Might try to figure out if she's interested in actually getting to know people."

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2012, 06:19:07 PM »
"Well, if you're in, I'll tell you where to find the Pojitrawn.  It is somewhere in Deep Moongate park.  Serako, you've been to Deep Moongate park; it is where the foxes took you, and where you played Kagome Kagome with them.  It shouldn't be too hard to find again.  Either way, once you get the Pojitrawn, bring it back here.  I'll be waiting here with Phones.  You can leave whenever you want."

"Oh, I should advance the clock before you go, right?"

The time is 1:30.  The weather is pretty calm at the moment, and the temperature seems to have cooled down a bit.  It is slightly cloudy.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2012, 06:24:16 PM »
Serako breaks out of her musings and nods.  Advance the clock?  She looks at her watch, the time is 1:30.  hm. 

"Yes, I think I can get us back there.  I hear that the nests are well guarded though...  Any advice?  You seem to know a bit about them."
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2012, 05:38:03 PM »
I frown.  She's going to stay here?  Something just doesn't quite...click...

"Mekakushi, are you sure that there's nothing here that would be a threat to you?  The newspaper was quite insistent that we protect you, and I'm somewhat inclined to trust her.  Granted, I'm not sure exactly what I would be able to do to defend you, but...I'm just nervous about going off and finding this Pojitrawn thing with no way of knowing if something's going to happen to you."

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2012, 06:23:38 PM »
"Me?  I'll be fine.  I've got Phones here; she's more than capable of defending me if circumstances arise."

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2012, 01:15:58 AM »
Something seems...off.  Oh, well.  I shrug.

"Well, that's all right, then."  I turn to Serako.  "Shall we, my dear?"

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2012, 02:43:11 AM »
Serako nods briefly, then leads the way
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2012, 09:47:47 PM »
You head off towards Moongate park.  You get about half-way there when you hear a sound.  A heavy thudding sound, like some large creature walking towards you.  The sounds is coming from a ways off, but seems to be getting closer...

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2012, 10:28:05 PM »
I turn around quickly, dropping the cigarette I was smoking and putting it out with my shoe.