Author Topic: Adaptations Handbook  (Read 8171 times)

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Adaptations Handbook
« on: November 08, 2011, 04:04:58 PM »

I'd like to compile a list of those various adaptations listed for classes and PrCs. Those are the variants that are rarely fleshed out in the Adaptation section of classes. Some are described well enough, like the Unarmed Swordsage or the Dead God Ur-Priest, others are simple ideas that need some tweaking to make work, like the Arcane Swordsage and the Stonestorm Striker, and still others are just design ideas with few or no mechanical details, like the Non-Dwarf Deepstone Sentinel. I'd like to not only compile a list of them, like the Alternative Class Features handbook, but also a list of suggested fixes to make them work properly. I don't think it's quite enough to warrant becoming a handbook of its own (most of it could be put in the existing ACFs handbook), but I would like to get the information from the various splatbooks into one place.

Does this sound like a good idea?

I've only included the ones with actual mechanical changes described or suggested.

Foreword: What are adaptations and what is this handbook for?
(click to show/hide)

Books Included
Tome of Battle
Races of Destiny
Races of the Wild
Races of Stone
Races of the Dragon
Heroes of Battle
Web Enhancements and other online sources

Tome of Battle
(click to show/hide)

Races of Destiny
(click to show/hide)

Races of the Wild
(click to show/hide)

Races of Stone
(click to show/hide)

Races of the Dragon
(click to show/hide)

Heroes of Battle
(click to show/hide)

Online Material from the online classes, excerpts, and previews:
(click to show/hide)

Other Adaptations from miscellaneous sources and books that haven't been checked in detail:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 04:14:37 PM by Garryl »

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Adaptations Handbook
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 04:05:17 PM »
Reserved for inevitable overflow.

Also, apparently PBMC started a discussion thread. I'd add the link to the first post, but I don't have access to the file on my computer with my copy of the handbook, and I don't want to accidentally overwrite it or forget or something and lose the link.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 03:16:32 PM by Garryl »