Author Topic: Song of Death: Bardic Badass (by JanusJones)  (Read 3989 times)

Offline 123456789blaaa

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Not very active here but still active online
    • View Profile
Song of Death: Bardic Badass (by JanusJones)
« on: September 05, 2012, 04:29:02 PM »
This is a bardic martial adept build capable of, at 20th level, dealing an extra 12d6 energy damage on all of his attacks - before he adds on martial maneuvers or stances. Better yet, he's a BARD.

I was recently prowling through my ToB when I came across a feat I'd seen, but never really paid any attention to. The feat? Song of the White Raven.

This feat's primary ability is pathetic: it grants you the ability to start bardic music as swift action when in a white raven stance. So what? But that's there primarily to fool you into missing the second part of the feat, where the real juice is: that it lets your Crusader AND Warblade levels stack with bard levels for the purposes of the bonus from Inspire Courage!

So what, I hear you ask. After all, the bonus from Inspire Courage is only +4 by level 20. Bah humbug!

But wait! Due to a lovely little set of feats you can get that bonus up to +12 by 20th. Behold!

Classes:
(click to show/hide)
Attributes:
(click to show/hide)
Feats:
(click to show/hide)
Race:
(click to show/hide)
How it Works:
(click to show/hide)
Crusader vs. Warblade:
(click to show/hide)
Damage Output:
(click to show/hide)
Tactics:
(click to show/hide)
Low Levels:
(click to show/hide)

Well, I hope you all enjoyed reading this as much as I've dug writing it! Stay cool, and remember - just 'cause you like singing don't mean you're a pansy!
Please, call me Count :).

Offline 123456789blaaa

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Not very active here but still active online
    • View Profile
Re: Song of Death: Bardic Badass (by JanusJones)
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 04:54:46 PM »
Reserved
Please, call me Count :).

Offline kitcik

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: Song of Death: Bardic Badass (by JanusJones)
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 05:58:44 PM »
I like this one better - the combo of TWF / inspire courage and dragonfire sounds fun even if not completely optimal. I may try this - thanks.