Author Topic: Act - Zero  (Read 19622 times)

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
Re: Act - Zero
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2012, 01:30:58 AM »
"I wish I knew what was going on..."  Nanashi repeats, more from his legitimate desire than thinking it would work.  He brushes himself off, checking for any tears in his clothes.  Even the memory of the frigid water makes him think that there was some sort of cosmic joke surrounding his jacket today.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2012, 08:52:51 AM »
As I regain consciousness, I bolt upright, sputtering and gasping for air.  After a moment, I realize that I'm no longer in the water and don't have to worry about drowning any more.  In a few minutes, my heart rate should slow back down to a more acceptable speed.

"Goddamn, I hate the water," I mutter.  "Nothing good ever comes of getting wet."

Taking stock of my surroundings, I establish that:

"I have no fucking clue where I am."

The important matters attended to, I turn to my new companion.  "So, hell is apparently complicated.  Great.  What happened to the whole 'fire and devils' thing?  I'd much rather be being poked by some asshole with a giant fork."

I think about this for a moment.  "On the other hand, it is hell, so it makes sense that they wouldn't do the thing that I'd rather they do."

I look around the alley again.  Still know fuck-all about my surroundings.  "I guess the real question now is what we do next."
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2012, 11:39:03 PM »
Nanashi allows himself to catch this young man in what he said.  "Oh, I would have never guessed you'd be into that sort of thing."  He chuckles.

"I'm not entirely sure we are in hell, but I suppose that if we want to change the situation we are in, we should look for someone or something that can tell us where we are."

Nanashi pulls out his cell phone to check his GPS as he starts walking up the nearby staircase.  the wetness makes him cold as the cosmic joke continues to unfold.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2012, 11:42:52 PM »
I snort at the shivering man.  "Well, aren't you a frigid bastard.  I suppose there must always be an Ice King."
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2012, 11:43:50 PM »
Nanashi takes the insult in stride and continues checking his phone.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2012, 11:46:01 PM »
(click to show/hide)

The world above the staircase looks much like the world below it.  At least it isn't half-flooded.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2012, 11:53:28 PM »
"Well, at least it's not flooded up here."  Nanashi trusts the macrocosm that Left is the way where people are.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2012, 11:56:05 PM »
I follow Nanashi up the stairs, turning left as he does.

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2012, 12:05:47 AM »
You follow the alley to the left, and come across what is probably something like a main street.  It isn't actually much larger than the ally you were just in, and the architecture really isn't all that different, and there are still things crammed into every nook and cranny, but there are actually people here.

And oh, the people.  There really are quite a large number of them.  And they really are quite strange.

Everyone is wearing what looks like Nipponese clothing.  And a disproportionately large number of people are wearing masks.  And a fair number of people who don't really look... human.  You know, horns and fur and claws and such.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2012, 12:18:52 AM »
Nanashi walks up to one of the unmasked people that looks more or less 'normal' and asks, "Excuse me, but where are we?"
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2012, 11:51:24 AM »
The person you walk up to looks at you confusedly, then hurrys off in the direction they were going.

"Are you lost?"

Asks a tall, stylishly dressed woman in a fox mask from behind you.

"Oh, you're...  Okay, you're probably pretty confused, right?  Well, I know someone you should probably talk to, but I'm sort of in a rush.  The name's Gumiho.  If you can just wait for a bit, I can help you out, okay?"

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2012, 01:36:30 PM »
Oh, my.  I haven't seen someone that attractive since...ever, I guess.

"Well, hello, Miss Gumiho.  We would, of course, be happy to wait."  I give her a deep bow.  "Do you have any recommendations for where we should wait for you?"

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2012, 01:44:24 PM »
"Ah, yeah, actually.  I've sort of got a concert I need to get to, so, um, if you can wait at the concert hall, I can help you afterwards.  Oh, I can even get you tickets, if you want to watch..."

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2012, 02:04:54 PM »
I bow again.  "Well, if obtaining those tickets would not be too much trouble, I am sure that we would be happy to attend this concert.  Either way, lead on, fair Gumiho!"

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2012, 01:12:46 AM »
Nanashi internally chuckles at the young man's obvious infatuation.  He considers teasing Spider, but decides to merely follow, giving a half smile. 
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2012, 05:06:32 PM »
"Ah, yes... Right this way."

Gumiho quickly walks off towards a back alley.  Well, maybe more of a... front alley?  It is hard to tell in this place.  Either way, she leads the two of your towards a not-quite-so-reputable building, outside of which appears to be a line of not-quite-so-reputable people.  They all look rather... punk.  Yes, punk is a good description.  Even their masks have piercings...

Gumiho walks up to a three-horned, bouncer-looking man who appears to be manning the doors to the place.

"Ah, Mukruo, hey.  Could you get these guys some tickets?  They're friends of mine..."

"Geeze, Gumiho, you're pretty late you know?  Frog and Hebi are already setting up.  I'll take care of your friends, don't worry about it."

"Thanks, I really appreciate it.  I'd better go before Frog gets to angry at me."

And with that, she runs off into the building.  The bouncer-like guy, Mukuro was it?, turns towards you.

"Hmn, you guys don't look like much.  Ah well.  HEY, MERICA!  GET THESE GUYS SOME TICKETS."

A smaller, slightly ditzy looking guy in a face veil quickly walks up and turns towards you.

"Okay, you two.  Follow me.  I'll hook you up with some tickets."

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2012, 06:03:11 PM »
I nod to this Merica guy.  Kind of cute, in a ditzy way.  Not anywhere near as attractive as Gumiho, of course.  "So, following you, then?"

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2012, 07:45:07 PM »
Nanashi spends much of his time not analyzing the buildings, as he would like to, or the names, which he has also found interesting, on occasion, but trying to avoid contact with the people surrounding him.  He was in a bad neighborhood, surrounded by people who would have beaten him up when both respective parties were children.  He briefly pays heed to the newcomer, Merica, but remains overly conscious of his surroundings.

His body on Auto-pilot mode, he follows Spider.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2012, 07:55:19 PM »
"Right, here you go.  Front row tickets."

Merica hands you each a ticket.

"Enjoy the show!"

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2012, 08:01:29 PM »
"Thanks"  Nanashi takes the ticket.  "When should we go inside?"  He asks, trying to look comfortable.  At least in the front row, we won't be surrounded...
Magic do what you will