Author Topic: If I need some characters... and their sheets?  (Read 2424 times)

Offline Kasz

• The God-Emperor protects, the Omnissiah provides.
    • View Profile
If I need some characters... and their sheets?
« on: November 10, 2011, 05:44:08 PM »
I'm throwing together a game for some guys who just want a quick one shot session and no one knew what they wanted to play etc so we came up with the idea of just having some pre-generated characters run an adventure I'd plan out.

The thing is, for it to be fair I'd need to do everything, the characters, the enemies, everything. So is there somewhere that just has sample / example characters that you can download, print off and use for a oneshot game... I'm looking at needing 7 character sheets at a reasonably high, and thus complicated level and doing gear... and spells... and feats.. and all that for the 5 PCs and 2 NPCs is just a DAUNTING task.

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Epic Member
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
Re: If I need some characters... and their sheets?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 11:30:01 PM »
System and level? Its a bit easier to look for if you know that much. I think theres some NPC statblocks in some splatbooks you can modify.
Everything is edible. Just that there are things only edible once per lifetime.
It's a god-eat-god world.

Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled,
And to the mercies of a moment leaves; The vast concerns of an eternal scene.

Offline kitep

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Lookout World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 12:31:46 AM »
There's a book called "Enemies & Allies".  It includes a chapter called "iconic characters".  It has stats for several characters, levels 5, 10, and 15.

Besides system & level, you might want to list starting gold (if not normal), which books are allowed, whether monster characters are allowed, and any special house rules you might have.  I'm sure people here will be glad to post some characters for ya.  Oh - and alignments allowed.  And if starting stats are rolled or point-buy (and what the point-buy number is)

I also think some of the handbook threads on the old site have characters listed.  Some more complete than others.

Pre-made characters actually might make for a good thread or 20.  :)

Offline Kasz

• The God-Emperor protects, the Omnissiah provides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 05:24:55 AM »
It's level 12, homebrew world, everything is allowed and we're rolling stats, 3d6, reroll 1's, alignments = anything non evil (good/church vs evil/invaders world). I've actually written out a couple of the sheets already now, though I appreciate the responses.

I've just been browsing the handbook forums and using the sample builds for inspiration. Also Everyone's standard wealth by level has been thrown at Bunko's Bargain Basement which was really helpful.

I'll take a look at Enemies and Allies, cheers.