Author Topic: The Small Rant Thread 4.0  (Read 147734 times)

Offline 123456789blaaa

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Not very active here but still active online
    • View Profile
Re: The Small Rant Thread 4.0
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 06:17:02 PM »
blaaa is your name carl? do you have a film crew following you?   :P

Nope. And I hope I don't have a film crew following me.

Of course, when I heard Carl, I though of this.

Unless you've recently become known as blaaa in these parts I think that post was addressed to me  :p.
Please, call me Count :).

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 06:20:19 PM »
Oh. Right.

Sorry.

Still, good on yeah. Hope someone can give you actual advice, because I can't.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline altpersona

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • You are here
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 06:25:20 PM »
 :clap   :lol
The goal of power is power. - 1984
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow
The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga still sux.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2012, 11:32:08 AM »
Just got to India yesterday *sigh* (Me and my parents went for my cousin's wedding). I really don't like it here (WARNING: horribly whiny list ahead). 

The place we're staying in has no bathtub in the bathroom and  bugs are constantly getting in. It's also sort of dirty (actually that applies to the general area were staying in too). Even though it's December the heat is just as bad as I remember it being the last time I was here (though everything else isn't as bad, I suspect it's because I knew what to expect this time around). I hate having to eat with my hands since I'm horrible at it. Most people here speak either broken English or none at all (not that it really matters since me and my relatives have nothing in common). All of this on top of the fact that I'm behind on my work and could've finished it up if I wasn't here in India. The nice things here are the animals my relatives keep and a sporadic internet connection (which just reminds me that I could be having better internet at home!).

All of this is really small potatoes though. I can take having a bad vacation. The absolute worst part of being here is that I'm ruining things for everyone else  :(.  Instead of talking to my (extremely nice and generous) relatives I stay stuck in my room until the internet goes out (at which point I walk around like a zombie). I just feel no connection to any of them since I see them once every two years (if that). There's nothing to talk about and the act of talking to them itself is painful. I feel like an entitled jerk.  Not to mention my dislike of India shows (though I try my best to mask it) and everyone can feel it. My dad reacts by getting depressed and my mom reacts by yelling and nagging at me. I think my relatives are too polite to comment.

Does anyone have any suggestions for cool things to do or places to go?  If I can get genuinely interested going somewhere or doing something this vacation would be a lot less painful for everyone.  Also, does anyone have any tips for talking to people who have nothing in common with you and who either don't know your language or only know a little?

God I feel whiny right now. How many people would love to come to India on a vacation?

EDIT: I also like the fifth one.

My best friends sister lived on India for 2 years, because her husband is a consul for Brazil...

She didn't have anything good to say about India. In fact, she almost snapped. She actually cried, for real, when he was going to be moved to Switzerland. She was staying at Mumbai.

Where are you staying?

I'm sorry for your troubles, seeing how she was after living there for two years, i don't have to imagine that much...
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline InnaBinder

• Legendary Member
  • Onna table
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2012, 02:37:49 PM »
What the hell is wrong with me?  Opening presents early, without preset expectations, and the best I can muster is "Oh, nice," and hope I don't sound terribly disappointed.   :banghead
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.  Even if you win, you're still retarded.

shugenja handbook; talk about it here

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2012, 08:19:22 PM »
Our shower is very, very clogged.  The process to fix it...  Will be interesting.

Got it fixed now after about two hours.  Lots of lovely black sludge!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 10:24:26 PM by Jackinthegreen »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2012, 10:53:10 AM »
I'm going to convene a tribunal to get some friends of mine to stop badmouthing Blazblue.

We'll make it an episode of Law & Order: Special Videogames Unit.

"In the videogame world, there are people who win and people who lose.
Those who lose usually claim that the game is bad because they suck at it,
and these crimes are especially heinous.
The dedicated men who investigate and prosecute these vicious
felonies are known as the Special Videogames Unit.
These are their stories."
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2012, 11:09:28 AM »
My partner for the final project for CS thought the project that's due in a bit under 2 hours was due on Friday.

So we've been up all night, and we're hopeful we can get the thing halfway presentable.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Sinfire Titan

• Hustler 3
  • Retired Admin
  • You have one round to give a rat's ass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2012, 01:10:33 PM »
I'm going to convene a tribunal to get some friends of mine to stop badmouthing Blazblue.

I'll actually have a legit complaint about the series if they don't put CP on the 360, but your friends need to stop playing Street Fighter and learn some real combos.
Concerned about how moderation works here? Please PM this account.

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Disclaimer: not at full capacity yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2012, 02:31:20 PM »
I'm sick, and this means I can't see my friend who's in town from Chicago and leaves tomorrow.
My Sig's Handy Haversack  Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2012, 10:18:51 AM »

I'll actually have a legit complaint about the series if they don't put CP on the 360, but your friends need to stop playing Street Fighter and learn some real combos.

This isn't even the issue.

They hated Calamity Trigger because of the easy mode attacks, the burst system screwing you over for the round, and the fact the characters were so different it was almost like learning a whole different game with each of them.

And then they went like "LOL BLAZBLUE SUX" towards the rest of the franchise, as in, forever.

Now, this past week they came over and brought P4 Arena to play - which is ALSO made by Aksys, has a feature they absolutely hate (one-button-mash-easy-combo) and they're like "LOL BLAZBLUE SUX" even though IT USES THE SAME FUCKING SYSTEM, MINUS THE FEATURE THEY HATE!!

:banghead :banghead :banghead

Give me internets. Now.

Offline 123456789blaaa

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Not very active here but still active online
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2012, 10:00:38 PM »
<snip>
My best friends sister lived on India for 2 years, because her husband is a consul for Brazil...

She didn't have anything good to say about India. In fact, she almost snapped. She actually cried, for real, when he was going to be moved to Switzerland. She was staying at Mumbai.

Where are you staying?

I'm sorry for your troubles, seeing how she was after living there for two years, i don't have to imagine that much...

Thank you.

Currently staying in the state of Kerala at my aunts house. Just got back from a 3 day trip from the state of Goa (which was actually not bad. I got to go parasailing  :D ).

Unrelated to that, I've found a new thing to rant about (geez I've been on a roll recently with these  :huh).

Have you guys ever been walking along (or going whatever) enjoying you day (more or less) when you suddenly see something that reminds you of a humiliating moment you had and then you have to concentrate really hard to get it out of your mind? Because this has been happening to me constantly ever since I can remember. It's just gotten so freakin annoying since over the years I've built up more and more humiliating moments. I usually don't go though a day without at least 3. They make me feel terrible  :shakefist .

On that note, I've been thinking of making a sort of "opposite" thread to this one in the Off Topic section wherein people talk about good things that have happened to them. It would be a nice way to counteract the negativity that assaults me when I come here (don't get me wrong, I really like the BLYHT board but coming here makes me a little depressed sometimes). Would there be too much overlap between the Awesome Things thread?
Please, call me Count :).

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2012, 10:03:41 PM »
We've already got that, it's the Happy Happy Joy Joy thread.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2012, 10:56:27 PM »
<snip>

Where are you staying?

Thank you.

Currently staying in the state of Kerala at my aunts house. Just got back from a 3 day trip from the state of Goa (which was actually not bad. I got to go parasailing  :D ).

Unrelated to that, I've found a new thing to rant about (geez I've been on a roll recently with these  :huh).

Have you guys ever been walking along (or going whatever) enjoying you day (more or less) when you suddenly see something that reminds you of a humiliating moment you had and then you have to concentrate really hard to get it out of your mind? Because this has been happening to me constantly ever since I can remember. It's just gotten so freakin annoying since over the years I've built up more and more humiliating moments. I usually don't go though a day without at least 3. They make me feel terrible  :shakefist .

On that note, I've been thinking of making a sort of "opposite" thread to this one in the Off Topic section wherein people talk about good things that have happened to them. It would be a nice way to counteract the negativity that assaults me when I come here (don't get me wrong, I really like the BLYHT board but coming here makes me a little depressed sometimes). Would there be too much overlap between the Awesome Things thread?

Hmm... Goa is really nice if you want to go to hardcore raves and party like there's no tomorrow. From what i gather from friend's experience, Goa is *the* place the Indian youth go to flee from the family expectations and go wild.

Don't know to what degree your boredom is taking you, but Goa is *the* place on India if you're feeling daring. Just... You know, take it easy.
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2012, 06:50:25 PM »
Our phones are back online after ten fucking days.  Seriously you boneheads, can't you at least get to it the same week?!

Offline Wrex

• Large and In Charge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2012, 12:40:29 AM »
The 5th edition thread on Bay12 makes me want to tear my eyes out.

I'll quote: "Yeah, broken classes... ugh, I had a player build a dusk blade from phb 2 with a mighty whip dagger... the gimmick of a dusk blade is that they can cast touch spells through their weapon... and the whip has a 15 foot reach. Fortunately complete warrior was closed or he would have been able to threaten attacks of opportunity with a whip too. Even so, he gets to make a free trip attempt on a hit with the whip, so he can do damage with the spell as he makes a trip instead of just damaging or tripping. Combine that with a horizon walker dimension door ability (completely broken) and, well, fuck."

:banghead does not sum it up

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2012, 05:02:33 PM »
Our shower is very, very clogged.  The process to fix it...  Will be interesting.

Oh that's just a reminder to your roommates
to go back to using the sink when you drink.
 :drunk
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2012, 05:07:53 PM »
<snip>

Where are you staying?

Thank you.

Sounds like capital "F"  FUN.

Seriously, and non judgmentally, read this:
http://www.webmd.com/anxiety-panic/tc/post-traumatic-stress-disorder--symptoms

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2012, 11:17:24 AM »

Oh that's just a reminder to your roommates
to go back to using the sink when you drink.
 :drunk

Funny you should mention that since the 2nd floor sink is connected to the same pipe that our ground floor shower is.  Though I don't have roommates considering I live with my grandparents, dad, and aunt.  No worries about anyone drinking though since my grandparents don't allow anything but medical alcohol on the property.

Seriously, and non judgmentally, read this:
http://www.webmd.com/anxiety-panic/tc/post-traumatic-stress-disorder--symptoms

Hmm...  I get the same stuff going.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 11:20:37 AM by Jackinthegreen »

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2012, 04:28:21 PM »

... No worries about anyone drinking though since my grandparents don't allow anything but "medical" alcohol on the property ...

Uh-huh, and the good kind of Eggnog too, right?
 :D

RANT --- we don't have a Santa Smiley Face  :(