Author Topic: Rescue at Rivenroar (Game Thread)  (Read 185002 times)

Offline Sk4mpE

• Huzzah!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Rescue at Rivenroar (Game Thread)
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 10:51:19 PM »
Søffå immediately recognizes the symbol on the banner, and his jaw drops agape as myriad questions form in his mind.  "No... Why did I not see it before?  The Red Fist of Doom!"

Melblen, Suq:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 11:40:04 PM by Sk4mpE »

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
  • TPK's are my business, and business is good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2011, 08:30:47 AM »
(click to show/hide)
Wisdom has two parts; having a lot to say, and not saying it.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2011, 12:54:08 PM »
Round 4 Results!

Borm gets out from under the table and moves to a new spot under another table. He pulls out his last torch, lights it and lobs it at the back table. The flaming projectile bounces off the table, scattering gold pieces and cards everywhere and smacks one of the patrons right in the face. The patron collapses in a heap clutching his burnt face as flames leap up around him.

Everyn takes aim again at the Goblin under the table, moves his hands in a flourish of arcane movements, and sends a bolt of magic energy toward Borm. The table sends of a shower of splinters and a sharp crack along with the thunk of the silvery projectile slamming onto the table, skipping off and blasting a chair into several pieces. The goblin looks up at the table teetering on collapse. Seeing the goblin still alive, Everyn yells "Damn you goblin.....you shall meet your maker tonight!!" Then he moves toward the main door and takes up a position next to Anatos.

"Feel me axe an shield ye slime" and Bhrim lets out a cry to Moradin as he thunders across the taproom floor hews into the first hobgoblin and in a follow up slams the one next to it with his shield. The first hobgobling collapsed to the floor cleanly in two while the other flew away and lay motionless in a heap after hitting the side of the stairs. Bhrim's momentum carries him a little further to end where the second hobgoblin stood.

Fire, fire, FIRE!!!! Dak whips another torch out and moves a short way down the aisle looking between the bars of the railing as he lights up another torch. He lines up and lobs the torch which lands nearby and skitters to a stop at the feet of Atanos. Embers and bits of bitumen scatter around and soon begin to light the floor around Atanos on fire.

Atanos leaves the tavern and places his back on the wall just to the east of the door and starts to looking for anything he can use to put out the fire, finding nothign immediate to use he waves people out and yells for them to exit.

Suq looks for some sign of Suff'a through the railing of second floor but does not catch any sight of him yet through the smoke that is beginning to build in the room. He step back to G4 and bemusedly yell Pardon me, chaps, but I think it's a bit rude to burst in like this. I shall educate you in proper tavern etiquette!. The blackish firey bolt strikes at Tnob and begins to consume him. He collapses to the ground shortly after unmoving.

"Come here and I'll be stuff one of them torches where the sun don't shine." Granite steps over to the table the goblin is hiding under swinging, obliterating whats left of the table.

Søffå launches himself down the hallway, bearing down on the beast who attacked him.  In a booming voice, he cries: "That was the last arrow you will notch in this world, foul demon!".  Spinning, he swings his blade clean through the beast before coming to rest. Kurs falls heavily to the floor under your assault. He taunts across the hallway railing, quickly dimming with smoke, at the other creatures across:  "Come to me now!!!  It is your time to return to the shadow!!!"

Gruxes continues to move slowly accross the beam. When he reaches the fireplace he steps off and pulls a long knife. His intended target becomes clear... a tattered and faded black banner with a red fist. Søffå immediately recognizes the symbol on the banner, and his jaw drops agape as myriad questions form in his mind.  "No... Why did I not see it before?  The Red Fist of Doom!"

Xet holds a sword to the barmaid using her as a human shield.

Dtun wades toward Suq swinging wildly.. managing to land a few grazing blows that are redirected by glowing runes of protection.

The two patrons in the back race across the taproom floor leaving their former opponent writhing on the floor among the flames.

Round 4 Ends!

Round 5 Begins

Map
(click to show/hide)

Round 5 Initiative Order
Borm = 25
Everyn = 24
Bhirm = 22
Dak = 22
Atanos  = 20
Suq = 18
Granite = 12
Suff'a = 9
Gruxes = 8
Xet = 7
Dtun = 7
Bar Patrons = 0

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2011, 08:56:50 AM »
Borm grabs a chair and scurries under what's left of the table to escape the Dwarf. Granite swings furiously to keep the goblin from escaping but only manages to obliterate the furniture to kindling. Borm gets near a window and smashes the chair through.

(click to show/hide)

Offline TheDave

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2011, 01:03:06 PM »
Everyn, seeing Borm escaping re-focuses on the two hobgoblins near Suq, to ensure his safety.  He aims his orb at the hobgoblins and a burst of flame explodes engulfing the two hobgoblins, but leaving Suq miraculously unscathed. 

(click to show/hide)

Everyn screams "Burn you demons!"

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2011, 02:08:40 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline TheDave

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2011, 09:58:30 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2011, 01:48:28 PM »
(click to show/hide)

The concussive blast knocks the hobgoblin's to the ground where they stay unmoving, little lights of flame dance across them. The blast seems to shape around Suq, Bhrim, and the Barmaid.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2011, 01:54:41 PM »
Bhrim rushes past and hits the stairs running to exact vengeance on the remaining goblinoids on the second floor.
(click to show/hide)

Dak lights another torch and lobs it toward the mage below.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Atanos

• SPOOOOOONN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2011, 05:34:28 PM »
While keeping a keen eye on all the events Atanos hears the window break perception check
and runs around the side of the building to cut off thier escape or help them out the window judging on who exits
Atanos double moves 14 squares around the side of the building
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 07:25:05 AM by Atanos »

Offline Doctor Krunk

• Lurker
  • Doctor of Krunkology
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2011, 08:35:48 AM »
Suq quickly spins to Borm, intent on fellin him where he stands, and summons the power of his master to blast him to the next life

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2011, 10:05:42 PM »
(click to show/hide)

The missile of dark fire grazes the goblin's shoulder in front of the window. Even the touch of the fire corrupts the flesh and causes him pain.

Granite moves around the table and takes a swipe at Borm but barely over swings and the goblin ducks under it.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Doctor Krunk

• Lurker
  • Doctor of Krunkology
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2011, 08:21:46 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2011, 07:08:19 PM »
Suq throws open the door and finds a well stocked kitchen beyond, but devoid of any occupants.

Offline Doctor Krunk

• Lurker
  • Doctor of Krunkology
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2011, 09:30:42 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Sk4mpE

• Huzzah!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2011, 05:45:16 PM »
Søffå moves towards the remaining goblinoids on the upper floor, checking the doors as he passes.

(click to show/hide)

Melblen:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 10:13:21 PM by Sk4mpE »

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2011, 01:40:30 PM »
Sk4mpE
(click to show/hide)

Offline Sk4mpE

• Huzzah!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2011, 10:12:22 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2011, 08:50:25 PM »
Round 5 Results!

Borm grabs a chair and scurries under what's left of the table to escape the Dwarf. Granite swings furiously to keep the goblin from escaping but only manages to obliterate the furniture to kindling. Borm gets near a window and smashes the chair through.

Everyn, seeing Borm escaping re-focuses on the two hobgoblins near Suq, to ensure his safety.  He aims his orb at the hobgoblins and a burst of flame explodes engulfing the two hobgoblins, but leaving Suq miraculously unscathed.

The concussive blast knocks the hobgoblin's to the ground where they stay unmoving, little lights of flame dance across them. The blast seems to shape around Suq, Bhrim, and the Barmaid.

Everyn screams "Burn you demons!"

Bhrim rushes past and hits the stairs running to exact vengeance on the remaining goblinoids on the second floor.

Dak lights another torch and lobs it toward the mage below.

While keeping a keen eye on all the events Atanos hears the window break and runs around the side of the building to cut off thier escape or help them out the window judging on who exits.

Suq quickly spins to Borm, intent on fellin him where he stands, and summons the power of his master to blast him to the next life. The missile of dark fire grazes the goblin's shoulder in front of the window. Even the touch of the fire corrupts the flesh and causes him pain. Suq throws open the door and finds a well stocked kitchen beyond, but devoid of any occupants.

Granite moves around the table and takes a swipe at Borm but barely over swings and the goblin ducks under it.

Søffå moves towards the remaining goblinoids on the upper floor, checking the doors as he passes.

Gruxes cuts domn the banner and continues on aorund the upper portions of the fireplace.

The remaining bar patrons and the last barmaid rush out the doors fleeing for their lives.

Round 5 Ends

Round 6 Begins!

Map
(click to show/hide)

Round 6 Initiative Order
Borm = 25
Everyn = 24
Bhirm = 22
Dak = 22
Atanos  = 20
Suq = 18
Granite = 12
Suff'a = 9
Gruxes = 8

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2011, 08:53:45 PM »
The fire consumes the dry wood quickly, and spreads faster than one would expect. Smoke also begins to tinge the air you breathe with fumes.

Borm leaps out the window and continues on down the side of the building...HAhahahaHHAHAhaha!
(click to show/hide)