Author Topic: Chapter the First: How, What, When, Why?  (Read 39057 times)

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter the First: How, What, When, Why?
« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2013, 08:20:13 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Honorary Mod
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2013, 08:42:50 PM »
(click to show/hide)
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2013, 10:12:49 PM »
The Winter Lady glances at Silva, briefly flicking her eyes up at the massive orb of writhing corpses as she speaks.

"Angel, I believe you've met your boss's good friends, Legion, here. I don't suppose Lord Dracula is very pleased to hear that someone is trying to take away his things."

Maeve turns to look back at the fey creature, saying, "And you, Soul Spinner, what use do you have for gaining control of Legion? I'm sorry, trying to gain control. Do you think that Dracula has no idea what you are doing? It's truly precious how you seem to believe believe your ability to command the souls of others is a match for the Lord of All Undead. Or are you too far gone now to see the folly of your scheme? After all, if your grasp of the souls you've used to commandeer this magnificent monstrosity wavers but an inch... if they were to be extricated, for instance... it would not be long before Legion really lets loose... on you."

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2013, 05:25:03 AM »
Sister, I think  we have too much talking.
What we need now is more laughing!

Claudia drags the soul spinner closer to her, then twirls her scepter in an aparently random pattern, before suddenly hiting the forehead of the necromancer with the tip of said scepter. Not with her full strength of course. Didn't want to turn his brain too mush. Not too fast at least.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Geigan

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2013, 05:29:25 AM »
Silva gasps at the perversion of her lord's servant. She decides finally to attempt to decipher the magic around her since there seems to be a lull in the fight. She suspected that there is more to much than meets the eye, but had not had the chance to concentrate and properly look around.

(click to show/hide)
Developer for Rule of Cool Games. Try our game system, Legend. We hope you enjoy.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2013, 05:42:33 AM »
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 05:17:49 AM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Geigan

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2013, 10:20:52 PM »
As Claudia continued her game of tag with the fey, Silva chewed her lip while anxiously concentrating in hopes of divining what exactly the heretic had done to her lord's creation. After a few seconds she spoke up, "I think I can see the souls that will need to be extricated. I can count 30 connected to him, though I will need to get closer to Legion to identify which ones those are. Concentrating on the connections is taking all of my attention, so I'm afraid I will require assistance with the extrication itself from those of you that can fly. Follow me and kill what I point at it."

Silva chanted a few quick prayers under her breath to gather power before preparing to take off.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 10:31:20 PM by Geigan »
Developer for Rule of Cool Games. Try our game system, Legend. We hope you enjoy.

Offline Geigan

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2013, 01:40:13 PM »
Silva chanted prayers alternating languages as she went. Snatches of Latin, Hebrew, and Celestial could be heard among whispered common. As she chanted she passed her hands over Maeve and Claudia as she lent them courage with her prayers, "There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love."

Her skin seemed even more pale and the red in her eyes seemed to shine with eager malevolence as the whites of her eyes became bloodshot. Fangs could be spotted among her teeth though none had been among them previously, and her snow white hair began to turn in streaks to raven black. She holstered her glaive and drew her bow as she continued,

"And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell. For the lord says, 'Behold, all souls are mine; the soul of the father as well as the soul of the son is mine: the soul who sins shall die.' For you will not abandon my soul to Hades, or let your Holy One see corruption."

With that the angel began to ascend towards Legion following the strands coming from the fey, doing her best to keep from directly putting herself under the zombified mass to avoid falling corpses.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2013, 02:48:37 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2013, 03:38:14 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Releasing the wretched husk of a man (even if he was still, strictly speaking, alive and kicking), Elizabeth stretched... and cast one hand out, the bats dissolving into mist as another entity arose beside her. It was reptilian, for sure, but beyond that it was hard to really say. Half the height of a human, claws... and then there were feathers, and overlaid on that was the eerie corruption that the vampire's beasts seemed to automatically gain.

Not keen on facing Legion with her bare hands--that would definitely leave a mess--and concentrating once again, blood seemed to soak through the palms of her hands... only to reform into a gleaming spear, the red liquid lit from within by an unearthly radiance. She spun it a little, testing it out, and seemed satisfied, both with the weapon and her just-increased agility.

Time to fight, then...

(click to show/hide)

Offline Geigan

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 17, 2013, 05:03:33 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 17, 2013, 09:44:20 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2013, 05:51:28 PM »
Seeing the giant ball of zombies coming uncofortambly close, Claudia's pouts, hating to have her performace interrupted. The Soul Spinner was quite the meal, but she wasn't finished yet.  Then her "hat" tips and gloves grow and distend themselves into gray tentacles covered in tiny spikes, while her chest ribbon tips turn into long,red and salivating tongues. The rest of her body contorts in impossible angles while the patterns of her clothes swirl and mix with each other in an ever-moving pattern.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2013, 08:32:24 PM »
As Silva rose, she could see a number of strands leading to two or three corpses clumped together dead center, plus at least two more further down, and five off to her right in a slightly more scattered pattern. Though she could see more strands going off in different directions, the spell she used lacked the strength necessary to allow her to determine their locations all at once. Still, she had her work cut out for her, all told - Legion was a massive thing after all.

She does find the need to concentrate, however, as she approaches the creature, a thick, pervasive fear tearing at her almost physically.

(click to show/hide)

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Geigan

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 21, 2013, 01:24:22 AM »
Through gritted teeth Silva whispered to herself as the wave of fear first hit her: "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

(click to show/hide)

Offline Geigan

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 24, 2013, 08:47:40 PM »
The angel hovered steadily once finished steeling her resolve taking aim with her bow as she called to her comrades, "Miss Vampire, there are a pair of the fey's souls directly in front of me. Please take care of them. Maeve, bombard the area where my arrow strikes with your icy gales. There are 5 of them scattered in a spread roughly... 25 meters across."

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2013, 10:20:59 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2013, 01:49:05 PM »
So, she had to fight a giant mass of bodies. Rule #1 about dealing with something like that: don't stand right under it. That was easy enough, move up to be beside Silva and rest the spear on her shoulder. But what to do to Legion itself? Well, she didn't want to get, say, engulfed by hordes of teeming corpses. So she sent her bat familiar to attack the indicated body in her stead. Even if it was a terrible fighter.

(click to show/hide)

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2013, 12:07:42 AM »
Maeve flies up to the proper height, keeping her distance from both Legion and the Angel. She didn't like following orders, but the advice was sound and primary options were sparse given what she knew about the giant Undead abomination. The fey didn't want to get too close if she could help it- better to save that in case the current plan wasn't working out. Besides, she needed to hit a cluster across a large area. Her usual abilities wouldn't cut it, but... yes, there was something, a power she hadn't called upon for quite some time. She holds up her open hand, palm facing the monster, and the ambient heat energy across the indicated area on Legion rapidly drains in a funnel toward the winter fey's outstretched palm. A brief flash shows a symbol in Sylvan in the air, glowing faintly and then fading from view. Shortly after her hand had been raised, Maeve closes it into a fist, closing off the flow and leaving many of the corpses in the marked area remaining in place as frozen statues.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 10, 2013, 02:28:58 PM »
Legion trembles as it is attacked, not quite from the sheer impact or magnitude, but as a living creature might when an open wound is poked at. As it shakes, a number of corpses join the ones shambling towards Claudia and Elizabeth's familiar. Given their lack of speed, they will take a little while to get there - but with this, they're already up to double the amount that had been moving towards them.

(click to show/hide)

Give me internets. Now.