Author Topic: Kourindou's Shop (miscellanous items)  (Read 10349 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Kourindou's Shop (miscellanous items)
« on: March 29, 2013, 03:24:39 PM »

Maid Apron-This refined apron is handmade from the finest silks in order to protect the wearer from any dirty stuff, whetever cleaning house, performing mad experiments or fighting sticky mosters.
 Takes belt slot, and makes half your armor bonus apply to touch AC. You can also attempt to re-roll a Reflex save once per round, but there's a 50% chance the Maid Apron gets torn to shreds whetever you suceed or rail. 1000 GP, plus 100 GP worth of materials to repair with 1 hour of work.

Shrine Robes-Light armor, +5 max Dex, -2 ACP, 30% ASF, grants an Armor bonus equal to 1/2 the ranks in your highest Wis-based skill. Already counts as masterwork, cannot be fashioned of special material. 500 GP, weight 6 lb.

Battle Dress-Light armor, +5 max Dex, -2 ACP, 30% ASF, grants an Armor bonus equal to 1/2 the ranks in your highest Int-based skill. Already counts as masterwork, cannot be fashioned of special material. 500 GP, weight 6 lb.

Kimono-Light armor, +5 max Dex, -2 ACP, 30% ASF, grants an Armor bonus equal to 1/2 the ranks in your highest Cha-based skill. Already counts as masterwork, cannot be fashioned of special material. 500 GP, weight 6 lb.

Magic Mushrooms-Consumed as a swift or move action, they increase the DC of your next spell/supernatural maneuver/SLA by 2 whitin 1 round, but you must save as well. If you fail, you become confused for 1 round. Every extra time you consume a magic mushroom in a 24 hour period, the DC increases by an extra 1 and confusion on a failed save lasts 1 extra round. If you're immune to confusion, then you cannot benefit from a Magic Mushroom. 50 GP.

Alcoholic Beverage-Beer, sake, wine, vodka, booze comes in a variety of diferent ways, each with its own particular effects.
Consuming an alchoholic beverage is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity and demands a Fort save.
Regardless of failing or suceeding, you gain a bonus on skill checks with a single skill (depending on the exact beverage) for 1 minute.
However if you fail on the Fort save, you take an equal penalty on all all other skill checks for 8 hours.
Suceeding on the save delays the penalty for a number of rounds equal to the amount you suceeded on the save by (if the DC is 15 and you roll a 20, then it would be 5 rounds until the penalties apply).
If you drink again while still under the effect of alchohol, the bonus don't stack, but the penalties do, however the penalties don't apply while any of the bonus last (so you can continue drinking and making fort saves to continuously delay the penalties). If this makes one of your skills gain a -10 modifier you become fatigued and sickened. If this makes one of your skills gain a -15 modifier you become exhausted. If this makes one of your skills gain a -20 modifier you become uncoscious and unable to act until the penalty duration ends. This ignores any immunity you may have had to those effects, and any effect to remove those conditions takes 1d4 rounds to take effect.
The affected skill and bonus/DC depends on the exact drink, chosen when it is crafted/bought.
(click to show/hide)
Alcoholic Beverages cannot be replicated by magic creation effects. Alcoholic beverages worth 1000 GP or more can affect even undead, they gain a +5 bonus on their fort saves for this, but the bonus is also reduced by 5.

There's many kinds of alcoholic drinks out there, so the player/DM is allowed to name any specific drink whatever they want. But if you're feeling low in inspiration, here's a random name generator. Roll a 1d20 three times. For each roll apply one the respective options of the spoiler below in order. For example if you rolled 4, 9, 2, you would get Palace of the Earth Spirits Vintage Ale.

(click to show/hide)

New weapons:

-Fans
-Mallets
-Throwing Knives
-Yumi
-Weighted Chain

(click to show/hide)

Septette Hoodie:
This hoodie takes both the head and body slots and allows a vampire to not be harmed nor hindered by natural sunçight and if worn for 24 hours halves the number of blood charges automatically lost each day, stacking with resting in their coffin for only 1/4 normal charges lost. However they count as having half HD for blood charge capacity and how many Blood Charges they can spend for Blood powers. A Jiang Shi wearing a Septette Hoodie can fully supress all of its Jiang Shi weaknesses except one of its specific objects (chosen when the Septette Hoodie is created) but Hop bonus is halved and counts as having half HD for all Jiang Shi abilities that care about HD. Cost 1000 GP.

Lunar Daggers: Although crafted by mundane means, by leaving them still in exposition for 1 hour to a full moon then 8 hours for personal attunement, those paired masterwork daggers acquire mystic properties. While wielded together by those they attuned with they'll count as magic if they weren't already and as an attack action can be swung to release a magic shot with range increment 30 feet against normal AC that deals damage as the dagger and counts as a thrown dagger attack if beneficial. Cost 2000 GP for the pair, and need to be exposed another hour to full moonlight every week, with missed weeks must be made up for with extra hours of exposition to a full moon. They can receive other magic enhancements as a normal pair of masterwork weapons. They both may enhanced for the cost of a single weapon assuming they receive the same enhancements, in which case the enhancements only work while they're wielded simultaneously.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 01:42:50 AM by oslecamo »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Kirondo's Shop (miscellanous items)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 03:27:34 PM »
Not much yet, but I kinda ran out of inspiration for abilities. I'm not really used to making items, so if people want to sugest/help, go ahead.

Other items that would be nice

(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 03:35:49 PM »
At level 20, +12 to armour AC from a 500GP item? That might need a little rethinking.

Also, it's Kourindou. XD

Specifically, the shop name is Kourindou, and Marisa calls Rinnosuke Kourin.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 03:46:12 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
Re: Kourindou's Shop (miscellanous items)
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 05:09:31 PM »
Light Armor  :???

IE, kimono is the equivalent of a vest and takes the torso item slot instead of a body item slot (as armors do).
An obi is also a variation of belt items. Same with aprons, I guess. You could have an obi/apron of giant strength.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 05:16:07 PM »
Detached Sleeves: You may use your Charisma modifier in place of your Dexterity modifier for AC.

I am terrible at this. XD

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 05:38:35 PM »
Its equipment. Not class abilities or feats.  :eh
I'll take think of a few things in the weekend.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 05:59:36 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 05:57:16 PM »
Indeed, several items do work like feats or class abilities.

At level 20, +12 to armour AC from a 500GP item? That might need a little rethinking.

Also, it's Kourindou. XD

Specifically, the shop name is Kourindou, and Marisa calls Rinnosuke Kourin.
Pure Iron chainshirt would be +15 AC at 20th level, and cheaper. Also the dresses would just be +11, because you only have 23 ranks at 20th level.

Fixed thread name.

Light Armor  :???

IE, kimono is the equivalent of a vest and takes the torso item slot instead of a body item slot (as armors do).
An obi is also a variation of belt items. Same with aprons, I guess. You could have an obi/apron of giant strength.
It's suposed to be more fancy cloth armor than a vest. :p

Variants are already assumed possible. I wanted original items in here.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 06:00:57 PM »
Pure Iron requires a feat expenditure and prevents magic use. It does have some downsides. But yeah, it's better. On the other hand, it doesn't automatically scale with you, so if you want the extra masterwork/relicwork/phantasmwork bonuses, you have to put more money in. This lets you buy something in your first three levels that'll last indefinitely.

... which reminds me that I should probably work out how I'd advance a Crusader/Saint/Paragon. Hmm. I already know I'd be including Purity and Innocence, so...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 06:02:31 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 06:24:12 PM »
I know items can emulate feats. Usually costing 10k+.
But detached sleeves do not have a price tag and sound like a mundane item. Which is the reason of my comment.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 06:27:25 PM »
It doesn't have a price tag because I couldn't think of one. Probably should've added Cost: ?

Detached Sleeves are in no way mundane. :<

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 06:49:31 PM »
I had come out with a relatively cool idea for the detached sleeves, but then decided it was more worthy of a class feature than an item for everybody.

Meanwhile added Maid's Apron.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2017, 02:34:36 AM »
Fans: Those finely crafted tools double as dance acessories and weapons. They all provide a +3 circumstance bonus on Perform (dance) and Bluff checks. The light fan (150 GP, 1d4 damage, light weapon), fan( 160 GP, 1d6 damage) and Heavy fan (170 GP, 1d8 damage, two-handed weapon) are simple weapons, while the light warfan(300 GP, 1d6 damage, light weapon), warfan (350 GP, 1d8 damage) and heavy warfan (400 GP, 2d6 damage, two handed) are all martial weapons. Finally the Light Youkai Fan (600 GP, 1d8 damage, light weapon), Youkai Fan (700 GP, 1d12 damage) and Heavy Youkai Fan (800 GP, 2d8 damage, two handed) are exotic weapons. The high costs are for the unique combination of beauty and durability in combat. Fans deal slashing/bludgeoning damage and can always count as Royal Weapons.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 02:21:54 AM by oslecamo »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2018, 09:01:35 PM »
Weighted Chain: This is an Exotic two-handed melee weapon that works exacty as a spiked chain, except instead of spikes it has weights at its ends. This makes it deal 2d6 Bludgeoning damage for medium size, but it cannot be combined with Weapon Finesse.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2018, 10:14:16 AM »
Added maneuver items for the schools that allow them. Each body slot was carefully selected to properly fit the source material.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2018, 06:55:46 PM »
Yumi: This bow is exceptionally long, and the handle is at one third of the main body instead of the middle.

The Yumi is designed for graceful, awe-inspiring shots. It deals 1d12 damage with a crit multiplier of x3 and a range increment of 100 feet, cost 500 GP, Exotic weapon. However, only someone actually proficient with the Yumi may use it, everybody else will just let the arrow drop whitout effect.

If fired at an inanimate target, all creatures that can see it must make a Will save with DC 10+1/2 HD+Dex mod or be Fascinated for 1 round per point they failed their saves.
If fired at a creature and it strikes them, they and their allies must make a Will save with DC 10+1/2 HD+Dex mod or become shaken for 1 round. Frightened for 1 round if they fail between 15 and 20, panicked for 1 round if they fail by 21 or more.

Either way, only the first arrow fired from a Yumi each round can produce the above effects, even if there's multiple creatures using Yumis simultaneously.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 08:31:56 PM »
Throwing Knife: A finely balanced small and sharp blade optimized for throwing, a tool for a professional and not a commoner. Light one handed exotic melee weapon, 1d6 slashing or piercing damage for a medium creature, can be thrown with a range increment of 20 feet, 19-20 critical, +4 bonus on Sleight of Hand checks to conceal it, 1 lb, market price 15 gold.

Offline Vladeshi

• Feel free to ignore me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2019, 07:40:41 PM »
The three armors don't have weight listed.
The following explanation has been removed due to time constraints, character limits on posts, and the DC 30 Spellcraft checks to understand large portions of it.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2019, 11:05:24 PM »
Done, made it 6 lb as per courtier's outfit.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2019, 12:33:09 AM »
Added Septette Hoodie and Lunar Daggers.