Author Topic: Dwarven Adventure Path Kickstarter and evil Way of the Wicked AP add-ons  (Read 3034 times)

Offline kevin video

• Legendary Member
  • Hail to the King baby!
    • View Profile
Fire Mountain Games is currently needing help with funding their dwarven adventure path, Throne of Night.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/730004812/throne-of-night-a-pathfinder-rpg-adventure-path

There are 4-5 ways to play this. You can be an adventuring party of dwarves trying to get back their ancestral home, drow heading to the surface to kidnap and enslave the top worlders, kobolds looking to revolt against their drow masters, mushroom people just looking for a good adventure, surface worlders looking to adventure through the underdark, or a combination of drow and dwarf where you play as two separate groups who will eventually run into each other. Of course you'll be able to mix and match other races in there as well. These are just the standard groupings. It will take you from levels 1 to 20. You can get the pdfs, or you can get the print books.

As an add-on, you can also get their Way of the Wicked campaign, Pathfinder's first and only evil campaign that also takes you from levels 1 to 20. Make characters who have commit horrendous and absolutely atrocious crimes, arrested for them by the Talingarde Alerion Knights, and are either awaiting for their death sentence to be carried out, or to be sent to the salt mines for all eternity. You have three days to escape. Can you do it? Once you're free, will you be able to make a pact with your party to not murder one another in your sleep and vow to burn those you tried to burn you?

Here's hoping we can get to the stretch goals. The idea of getting Way of the Wicked Book 7 would be great.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fantasy and Gaming Blog
It doesn't mention a Book 7 anywhere for Way of the Wicked.

I am overall impressed with Fire Mountain Games, based upon the first 4 WotW adventures.  I'd like to see how McBride does an Underdark Sandbox Adventure Path.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

I am overall impressed with Fire Mountain Games, based upon the first 4 WotW adventures.  I'd like to see how McBride does an Underdark Sandbox Adventure Path.

It's a stretch goal.

Offline kevin video

• Legendary Member
  • Hail to the King baby!
    • View Profile

"At $30,000 we will offer Way of the Wicked Book Seven: Tales of Talingarde for presale via this kickstarter. For a special kickstarter-only price of $20.00 (free shipping within the US), EXPLORERs and above may order this special expansion to our "Way of the Wicked" adventure path.  You will get the PDF version for free and two weeks before anyone else as well.

This book will be a 100-page full color soft-cover that will feature the MinionQuest adventures (I,II, and III) and other miscellany to expand the "Way of the Wicked" adventure path. This book will ship early in 2014."

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fantasy and Gaming Blog
Cool.

I'm iffy about funding Kickstarters, especially when they have such a late pay-off.

I'm sure the book will be for sale on drive-thru RPG to non-backers as well.

Offline kevin video

• Legendary Member
  • Hail to the King baby!
    • View Profile
Cool.

I'm iffy about funding Kickstarters, especially when they have such a late pay-off.

I'm sure the book will be for sale on drive-thru RPG to non-backers as well.
No, it won't be. At least Gary said it won't be. This will be specific just to the kickstarter because you can do the adventure without it. Same with the adventure that's exclusive to the dwarven campaign.

It won't be that late as it's already partially written. Gary's been doing the adventures at GenCon, and there was stuff that he meant to put in Book VI, but forgot, so it's going in there instead.