Author Topic: The Blah Blah Blah Inn (OOC)  (Read 159420 times)

Offline NasT

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: The Blah Blah Blah Inn (OOC)
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2013, 09:44:08 PM »
I think the email string said something like once a week.  Obviously we've been moving much faster than that.  I've been having some tongue-in-cheek fun here in the OOC thread, but I don't have a problem if someone needs to take a few days between posts.  Maybe we could agree to once every couple days when we're in combat, though.  I'd rather a skirmish with goblins not to turn into a month-long endeavor.

When not in combat, I'll write flashbacks/dreams and other character development stuff if someone isn't able to post right away.  For me at least, it's just as interesting.

Other thoughts?
Myrielle: "I think you're worth the trouble, even if the others don't."

You know life sucks when you get a back-handed compliment from a seven year old.

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2013, 05:08:40 PM »
I think we're still getting used to the pacing right now.  Which is fine, and I think we're off to a good start.  Characters are still doing individual things, which makes sense since you're all complete strangers, and if necessary I'll make separate topics for each of you to prevent clutter and confusion.

I'm also locking closed scenes/threads for clarity.

I'm avoiding my gut instinct to post in the current thread until I make sure to see everyone's next post.  Please do not confuse this with an expectation of you to post more often.  It's just me being excited to have this going well.
The next thing I say to you will be true.
The last thing I said was false.

Offline Kazgaroth

• Finger of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2013, 05:47:28 PM »
I think we're still getting used to the pacing right now.  Which is fine, and I think we're off to a good start.  Characters are still doing individual things, which makes sense since you're all complete strangers, and if necessary I'll make separate topics for each of you to prevent clutter and confusion.

I'm also locking closed scenes/threads for clarity.

I'm avoiding my gut instinct to post in the current thread until I make sure to see everyone's next post.  Please do not confuse this with an expectation of you to post more often.  It's just me being excited to have this going well.

Busy today at work so, I haven't had a chance to collect my thoughts and post.  I'll try to post tonight.
Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies.

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 12:55:20 AM »

Busy today at work so, I haven't had a chance to collect my thoughts and post.  I'll try to post tonight.
I do not expect anyone to post from work.  My comment was an internal conflict between my desire to be responsive and my desire to allow everyone to post.  The ability for everyone to have input wins, which means I wait to reply to each individual post.

For anyone who wishes to join the action, you are free to write yourself into any scene; as long as it makes sense for your character to do so.  For example, both Nelio and Korgan could be present in the town square to witness the argument between Ward and Josah.  Just write it in like they weren't mentioned up until this point.  In other words, you are free to follow the action as already posted, or to go your own way.  Don't think that just because I already posted the argument that you missed out.  It's another reason I was kicking myself for posting so early; I want you to have a chance to be involved if you want to.

Offline Kazgaroth

• Finger of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2013, 01:30:21 PM »
FYI - I'm changing the color that I use for Korgan because it's too close to what Andy uses.  Switching from brown to purple

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2013, 01:56:32 PM »
FYI - I'm changing the color that I use for Korgan because it's too close to what Andy uses.  Switching from brown to purple
Use any color you like.  I was trying to use different colors for NPCs, but there are too many to avoid overlap.  I'll stick to a couple non-related colors for all NPCs, and just be clear in the text who is speaking.

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2013, 12:16:30 PM »
I checked in to see if you needed me to move things along, but I see that you're moving along just fine on your own.

Carry on.

Spencer picked this for you:  :banghead

Offline crazy_sherm

• Immaculate Evacuation
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2013, 01:12:45 PM »
It's so easy to go off on tangents though and diverge from the goal. We could probably spend weeks roaming around in this caravan. Feel free to corral us back in.

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2013, 01:21:07 PM »
Our idea of what the goal is may be different...

I'm not here to tell you what to do.  I wouldn't put side quests out there if I wanted to railroad you into the dungeon.  I simply wanted you to know that I was watching (and enjoying immensely) the action and waiting until my input was needed.  I wanted to make sure you weren't waiting for me to continue.

I'm loving this so far.  Sure you've got mutations as if you already entered the dungeon, but who cares this is fun.

I love that I have no idea how Nelio's brain works.  Just when I think he'll react a certain way...nope.  "Go interview these Halflings to prove you won't murder me in my sleep."  Hilarious.

FYI: The head-banger has nothing to do with anything.  Spencer just liked it as he watched me post from my tablet.

Offline NasT

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2013, 01:40:58 PM »

I'm not here to tell you what to do.  I wouldn't put side quests out there if I wanted to railroad you into the dungeon.  I simply wanted you to know that I was watching (and enjoying immensely) the action and waiting until my input was needed.  I wanted to make sure you weren't waiting for me to continue.

I'm loving this so far.  Sure you've got mutations as if you already entered the dungeon, but who cares this is fun.

I love that I have no idea how Nelio's brain works.  Just when I think he'll react a certain way...nope.  "Go interview these Halflings to prove you won't murder me in my sleep."  Hilarious.

FYI: The head-banger has nothing to do with anything.  Spencer just liked it as he watched me post from my tablet.

I know how Nelio works.  Just adjust the stick up his @$$ and the "holier-than-thou" attitude comes out of his mouth.    :lmao

If Caerus was more assertive, Nelio would be fun to mess with.  Where's the chaotic-neutral rogue when you need him?

You know life sucks when you get a back-handed compliment from a seven year old.

Offline crazy_sherm

• Immaculate Evacuation
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2013, 01:50:58 PM »

I know how Nelio works.  Just adjust the stick up his @$$ and the "holier-than-thou" attitude comes out of his mouth.    :lmao

If Caerus was more assertive, Nelio would be fun to mess with.  Where's the chaotic-neutral rogue when you need him?

Nelio has a "holier-than-thou" attitude because, he really is holier-than-thou. He really does have a pretty stiff stick up his ass too. Plus, he's a gnome paladin, for christ's sake. Talk about a Napoleon complex. A good leader has to know how to boss around his subordinates and delegate mundane tasks to that he can concentrate on the big picture stuff.

He's not so much distrustful of Caerus's intentions as he is about the elf's work ethic. He has seems kinda aloof so far.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 01:54:30 PM by crazy_sherm »

Offline NasT

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2013, 02:16:31 PM »

Nelio has a "holier-than-thou" attitude because, he really is holier-than-thou. He really does have a pretty stiff stick up his ass too. Plus, he's a gnome paladin, for christ's sake. Talk about a Napoleon complex. A good leader has to know how to boss around his subordinates and delegate mundane tasks to that he can concentrate on the big picture stuff.

He's not so much distrustful of Caerus's intentions as he is about the elf's work ethic. He has seems kinda aloof so far.

Napoleon complex! GENIUS!    :clap

Yeah, aloof is a good way to put it.  Sometimes little events will catch his interest, but for the most part Caerus has no place better to be, and we're talking about a dungeon without an exit...   :bigeyes

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2013, 02:26:17 PM »
Napoleon complex! GENIUS!    :clap

Yeah, aloof is a good way to put it.  Sometimes little events will catch his interest, but for the most part Caerus has no place better to be, and we're talking about a dungeon without an exit...   :bigeyes
Some have been known to leave the dungeon, but are unable to explain how or why they left...

Offline crazy_sherm

• Immaculate Evacuation
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2013, 12:16:51 PM »
Man, you guys really don't like paladins, huh?  :shakefist

Offline NasT

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2013, 01:00:09 PM »

Like any school yard scrum, we only pick on the ones that respond.  Korgan may just be a jerk, but Nelio threw the first insult at Caerus.  Not my fault if he can't take the return fire.    :P

Offline Kazgaroth

• Finger of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2013, 01:14:35 PM »

Me personally?  I don't have a problem with them.  I was contemplating playing one and then I remembered which group I would be playing with :lmao  Korgan, well, you'll just have to figure that out  :P
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 12:36:51 PM by Kazgaroth »

Offline NasT

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2013, 12:17:52 AM »
Just an FYI: Caerus is a half-elf.  If people are calling him an elf to mess with him or what not, that's cool.  Just wanted to clarify in case there was a miscommunication somewhere.

Offline crazy_sherm

• Immaculate Evacuation
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2013, 12:35:04 AM »
Just an FYI: Caerus is a half-elf.  If people are calling him an elf to mess with him or what not, that's cool.  Just wanted to clarify in case there was a miscommunication somewhere.

Right, the other half is orc, no? :smirk

Offline NasT

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2013, 12:43:04 AM »

Right, the other half is orc, no? :smirk

He may have been a bit hungry....   :blush

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2013, 12:31:14 PM »
This is how I imagine Korgan: http://skullkickers.keenspot.com/

Plus: Skyrim reference FTW.