Author Topic: Act - Zero  (Read 19623 times)

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
Re: Act - Zero
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2012, 01:53:24 AM »
"Yup."
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2012, 01:41:21 PM »
"Actually... If you stuck a flame thrower and some rocket engines on an armour, you could kinda' pretend to be a dragon... It would still be damn stupid."
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2012, 09:00:38 PM »
"Wait.  What?  What?  You aren't making any sense.  If there is magic, why can't you use it to find our soul?  Like some sort of 'detect soul' spell or something.  Or at least something that could tell us where to start looking, like some sort of Augury.

Furthermore, is magic something you can just *DO* to us?  'magicking us up'?  And what do you mean fantasy archetype? You've explained about a thimble's worth of an ocean about all of this."
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2012, 09:05:46 PM »
"I haven't explained very much of this because there is quite a bit to explain.  You don't except to drink an ocean in 5 minutes, do you?  You have to start somewhere, and work from there.  That's why I'm asking you what you want to be.  So I can find a place for you to start, and set you up with people who can explain things better than I can.

And as for finding your soul, why would it be as easy as 'detect soul?'  Magic isn't like wishing.  It's complicated, and difficult.  And I'd be very, very surprised if your souls where even in this world.  So you wouldn't just be searching for a soul, you'd be searching for a soul across every plane in existence.  And, might I ask, what do you plan on doing if you do find your souls?  Ask for them back or something?"

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2012, 09:11:04 PM »
Nanashi is effectively silenced, but he sighs and says "Well, I dunno then, some sort of stealthy fighter?  I always liked those old stories and pictures of Nipp- I mean, Japanese samurai, ninja, and warlords.  Is that what you meant about 'fantasy'?"
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2012, 09:12:54 PM »
"Yeah, sure, that'll do it.

Any other questions before I turn in for the night?  Tomorrow's going to be a busy day, and you're probably pretty tired too."

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2012, 09:14:59 PM »
"Er...where do we sleep, I guess?  And is there anywhere I can connect to the internet?"
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2012, 09:17:15 PM »
"Eh, well, sleep wherever?  I figured you would sleep in the shrine.  There are pillow's and things about.  As for this 'internet,' I doubt you have the training or the equipment to link to the Weave, and I'm not lending you mine.  What were you going to do with it, anyway?  It isn't like you have anyone to talk to."

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2012, 09:19:00 PM »
No...internet?

Well.

That's, uh.

That's a thing.

I.

Well.

Huh.

"So," I begin, trying to keep my voice steady, "is this the shrine, or...?"
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2012, 09:19:59 PM »
Nanashi sighs.  Well, it's not the HARDEST surface I've slept on...  Nanashi adds 'the weave' to his ever growing list of things he doesn't understand.  The irony of the wish that got him in this mess is that he has learned so little and been shown so much that he doesn't understand.

He internally shrugs and starts polishing his glasses.  "Can I get some drinking water?"
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2012, 09:21:06 PM »
"Yeah, there's a vase in the kitchen with some water in it.  Tell me if you empty it.  There are probably cups in there too."

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2012, 09:22:09 PM »
"Thanks, oh, do you have a WC?  A toilet?"
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2012, 09:23:18 PM »
"What do I look like, a savage?  Go out the main door to that building over there with the gargoyles on it.  It's in the shrine grounds, so you'd better not get lost."

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 29, 2012, 09:26:14 PM »
"Okay," I mumble, before falling into a heap.  I end up facedown, but...yeah.  This is a lot to deal with.

"Good night," I say into the ground.